Telecheck

check denials

Telecheck
Internet, Texas
telecheck.com
On June 30, 2011 I tried to cash a check at an eye clinic. I had used this same account many times with no problems. The IRS and the State of Michigan have accepted checks from this account among many others. There is much more than enough funds in the account to cash the check (for $1, 998). The check was rejected. I call the toll-free Telecheck number from the clinic's office. The telephone rep said that she was able to correct the problem and that I should try the check again. (It was processed in one of Telecheck's machines). I did and it was rejected again! I then had the lady in the office at the eye clinic try a check from another checking account I have. This account also has ample funds to cover the check amount. I have writtten scores of checks on it with no problems at all. I even recently wrote a check (which cleared easily) to an auto dealer for about 10 times the amount of the current check ($1, 998). This check was also rejected by the Telecheck machine. These rejections caused me much humiliation and incovenience. I had to drive several miles to my bank to draw out cash to pay the bill and had to drive back to the clinic. I did call the Telecheck company a second time but just went round and round with the rep and a supervisor over the phone. I never did receive any GOOD reason why my checks had been rejected. I am trying to protect other consumers from the erroneous and inefficient processes of this company's check verification service.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Scam & Fake Checks

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree