Telecheck

Posted: Apr 10, 2013 by

check denial

Telecheck
Asheboro, North Carolina
a check was denied by telecheck at a Rite Aid store. I had another check from another bank with me so I used it and it was accepted. When I got home I called the 800 # for telecheck and was told that my first check was denied because of someone with a similar name and account number. I told them this is not acceptable because they are suppose to be checking my name and my number only, not other similar names and numbers. There is only one account at that bank with my number and my name and that is all that matters. I was lucky I happened to have another check with me from another bank and I don't know why they accepted that one but they did...telecheck is a bad system and they should be held accountable for the errors they make.
Complaint comments Comments (2)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Business & Finances

Comments

N  11th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes
I don't have problem with companies like this but they should be careful and correct with the information they use and pass on.
N  20th of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
TeleCheck sent me a letter saying that they were unable to process a check in 2012 and it is now 2014. Is this legal? I believe this check cleared two years ago. How should I proceed?

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree