Team Beach Body / fraud / unauthorized charges

Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

Ordered P90X program from t.v. infomercial and was informed I was allowed 30 days free trial membership as a bonus with Team Beach Body. No charges if cancelled within that first 30 days. Did not use the Team Beach Body service so cancelled about 2 weeks later, well before the end of the 30 trial membership. Cancellation was confirmed by the company in phone call and email messages with a confirmation number and notice that "no further charges" would ever be made to my credit card for Team Beach Body.
However, I received a credit card statement with the $38.87 charge from them again anyway a few weeks later. I immediately called and was routed to the Philippines or India where I was kept on hold several times while the representative supposedly spoke to a supervisor, and then disconnected - TWICE! I called back and spoke to some rep in L.A. who assured me that indeed it was cancelled but maybe I'd agreed to the "free" membership which is somehow different than the "trial" membership. Obviously this company practices duplicitous and fraudulent practices to "con" people into these additional charges, perhaps hoping that you will not notice or go through the hassle on a $38 charge. When you try to cancel it "hey, no problem" but they will charge you anyway. The guy actually told me "I can't believe you'd file a complaint about a $38 charge." Hey, $38 is money, and I don't appreciate being ripped off.
The work-outs on the original DVD's are good - but I'd have to agree with others here that it's not worth giving these people your credit card number. You never know what they'll try to pass through as unauthorized charges without your okay.
Don't do business with this company.

Comments

• Ra
      25th of May, 2010

I ordered the P90X package after seeing it on television this past weekend. It promised free shipping and 39.95 for three payments. I called in, ordered the package. They offered me the weights, rod, and resistance bands for an additional 39.95 x 3 with only $14.95 shipping for the additional offer.

They charged my card $141.

When I call then, they are completely argumentative.

Warning to others, AVOID THEM like the plague, in my opinion.

• Dw
      27th of Oct, 2010

Have you consider about joining Beach Body??

Get your products for 25% off??

It's free to join by the way till the end of the year.

why not get fit and get paid for it instead of complaining... IMO..

If you want to order again... order from the website above.. or if you decide to join, I would
    be happy to help you.. any questions just email me at [protected]@gmail.com.

I am a real person who just joined Beach Body in September. I really love this company..