Tata Indicom / Plug2surf / No free internet received

1 India Review updated:

I purchased a Plug2surf device from one of the sales representative of Tata Indicom under 150 V-data plan. According to this I'm supposed to use 5 hours of free internet and 150 Rs rental. The device was bought on 22/10/07 and strangely i received my first bill on 03/11/07 of Rs 311 during that period i hardly surfed internet for almost 3 hours. I'm having the full log report of surfing the internet. Different sales repr. are explaining me in different ways but none of them gives a satisfactory explanation. Overall Tata Indicom is not liable to go for.

Comments

• Vi

Hi All,

I have come to point where my patience is completely worn out. In the first place, the Plug2Surf device has MAJOR Driver related issues. It works well only on some machines. I have tried this card on 5 different machines and it seems to work only on one of them without any issues. On the other 4, I have to reinstall drivers or interchange usb ports etc each time I restart. The HARDWARE and DRIVER have many issues . The product is not RELIABLE.

Later I learnt that this company would do live demos in your house when the product was launched initially. The demos stopped within a few days. (Guess why?)

Regarding billing, I am on the 5GB plan. Based on my usage details from the card's log file, I have hardly used 1GB and I have started getting calls and messages from the credit dept. saying that I need to pay them an interim amount in order to continue service. Talking with customer service is useless since they have been specifically instructed on how to handle "Plug2Surf" customer calls. When I tried to log complaints regarding billing they say that they cannot do that. No one is able to give me a proper explanation on the issue. On going to the Koramangala Tata Indicom Value Point Office (Bangalore), I was told I am being billed on the no. of units I have used. So I asked them how many units I have used... No answer. They are unable to trace how many data units I have used till now. (But it looks like Tata Indicom can bill me without telling me how much I have used. So here's my advice. "STAY CLEAR" . You have to be really lucky in order to have a problem free experience.

• Ra
      9th of Dec, 2007

I purchased Tata indicom plug 2 surf on 22oct 07 from bikaner and as on date I am yet to receive my first bill in spite of my repeated calls to the salesman who sold it to me. And now the salesman has even stopped attending my calls. I visited their office and another person told me that my bill will be sent to me via e mail also but I m still waiting for past 10 days.

• Ra
      9th of Dec, 2007

I even suggested my boss to go in for a plug to surf device and his device is still not activated for last one month and he has even received a call from Tata indicom to pay his bill of his connection will be terminated!

• Ar
      10th of Dec, 2007

I completely agree with the complaint. I am too facing the same problem of excess billing. I have no idea how to get out of this ridiculous product. I truly want to disconnect this connection. Is there any way to disconnect the product and get the money back?

4th of Feb, 2008

I have so far, not had much to complaint about. This is a satisfactory service from Tata Indicom & speed is also better (faster) than dial-up that I used previously.

An advantage is one can use this anywhere in India with the USB modem & software installed on PC/laptop.

Does anyone know how to configure Outlook/OE Email access (to be able to Send/Receive Email via Plug2Surf connection)? If so, pl email me.

Thanks,

• Sh
      16th of Feb, 2008

it is a very useless connection for the internet purpose..
    even the google home page is also not opening in the connection ....
    now i am going to book a case on tataindicom regarding they are blaming the speed up to 153 kbps..etc
    but it is not crossing 20 kbps at any time.. i think they are cheating the customers thouse r using this type of connetions....
    and finally i going to cancelled the my p2s usb modem .... now i am using my local sifi broadbrand at monthly rentel of 300 Rs only.. its working very very goood... i am very sotisfied with my sifi connetion.

26th of May, 2008

i8 am going to buy plug2surf, but i am not getting the correct information regarding the term of use and rentals.

• My
      23rd of Jul, 2008

I totally disagree with the complaint. I have been fortunate enough to be using in locations where I have never faced connection slow or drop problems. I have never reconnected manually because of any disruption of services. I had recommended this device to my father too and he purchased it too. Only problem is that you can use it for high bandwidth task like doing video chat, movie downloads. For these you need to have broadband DSL connection.

12th of Oct, 2008

I don"t get the detail yet

• Yu
      11th of Jun, 2009

hi
    i am useing internet with tata Plug2Surf .its speed is too slow and its charges are very high.if u have any suggession for free use of net.plz reply me.