TATA Indicom / New connection problems

1 India Review updated:

My self Rajeev Aggarwal from chandigarh i am software engineer. I booked Tata walky around 20 days back with the promise that it will be installed in 2 days. Based on my request it is assured to me that before going for installation they will make call on my alternate number.

1) more than 4 days no installation was made.

2) after one week people when to my home and my landlord was not aware of my official name and told them there is no Rajeev Aggarwal putting up here.

3) after 15 days passed on information has been given to me. I regularly visit concerned dealer but there was no result.

4) finally i called the person who booked phone. he said he is not responsible person and gave me another number. Since i am given further number to number but no result. If needed i can show you my mobile bills along with all name and number.

5) At last i called concern person and he informed me that my request was negative and i will not get any connection.

6) Nobody is there to make at least one call to inform me. When they need customer they make as many call they want and now the concern person who assured me for result not even picking up my phone. where should i go...

is this the service Tata indicom is providing???

Please guide me smb, i am helpless...
my number : [protected].

Comments

• Ve
      5th of Dec, 2006

This is venkat working as software engineer. Six months ago i have took Tata Indicom connection which has the offer of 2 years outgoing and 2 yrs incoming free(Tata to Tata). But recently i was revoked with the offer .The customer care people said if i have used another card other than the first one which i got at the time i bought then the offer will be cancelled. Such statements were not made at the time i bought it.Not only to me , the something happened with my friends also.. All this is to attract customers initially and finally leave them to their fate cancelling the proposed offers..Whom should we ask about this and who is going to answer our queries ..nobody....nobody...

• As
      5th of Dec, 2006

On 01.12.2006 book an postpaid connection and paid rs 600 in cash, all other necessary documents. They insure me that ur connection activated in working two days. On Monday i called him and they issuered me that ur connection activated with in one hours. When i called him after two hours, they disconect my phone several times. Then i go tata indicom showroom, executive told me that we have no record of ur application.
    Then again called him but they refused to attend my called. Still no activation has been done.

• Am
      18th of Dec, 2006

I strongly agree with you , I too booked tata indicom phone they promise me they will deliver phone within 3 days but they fail to do that after seven days agen told me that we didn't have any phone in stock. Can you wait more? This is really very ridiculous. Tata indicom is very bad!

• Ve
      31st of Jan, 2007

I feel ridiculous about providing any feed back for the service provided. I had logged a case couple of days back and still keeping fingers crossed for a response which could be even negative. Here the customer service is pathetic and no consideration for the customers impact . Even the most critical case is treated lethargically and being customer and sufferers have to take initiative to remind technical people to work on the case and in turn call them to get status too. Complain number logged by me is 1552742 for broad band connectivity issue couple of days back and even today I have to call them repetitively to get the current status. Till now I had made more then 20 calls and in turn never received a call from them and got stereotype replies and false commitments from the customer service engineers. They lack minimum courtesy of updating the customer about the turn around time or current status update. I am really frustrated and felt that I made a mistake by enrolling into tata service.

• Ra
      12th of Apr, 2007

I really appreciate you for taking step to file complain against them. We people just hesitate to take step. But i really do appreciate it.

• Ha
      11th of Dec, 2007

Tata as the name itself suggests, you buy a product and after taking your hard earned money they will say 'T A T A'. I have purchased a usb modem internet connection few months back, the speed is pathetic so as the customer care. It is the worst service provider and make false promises. Do not reccommend tata product to anyone for GOD's sake.

• Is
      27th of Dec, 2007

Hi,

One of the worst service i found in my whole life.
    As a coroporate customer, my company provided me with VData Card. Which one of the useless card I ever seen in my life.

I have Dell Latitude D620. When I installed the Vdata card software on the first day i noticed that driver is not detectable by operating system. I downloaded the software from the internet still the same behaviour. I called up tata customer care which is my big mistake to rely on those people. I told them clearly that driver is not getting updated. You can't believe what is the answer they have given : Sim card is not activated that is why it is not updating the driver. Come guys be a good technician. I have accepted the suggestion given by them but no ways i have to depend on them. Fine.. they took totally 5 days for activating a SIM after having create n number escalation tickets.

Then they agreed with me that there is problem with drivers, they told me to go to Redington technology for checking the VData, they checked vdata card and sim card, one of the interesting about those people is they don't what will be the cause for this issue and moreover one of the technician is telling me that Huawei Software under Device Manager showing in yellow mark with question on it is a common thing and there is no issue. As a technician i felt where i am, forget it. They told me that they don't what will be the solution. Unacceptable answer.

Once i came back to my place i called up tata customer care and requested them to know the root cause, they told that there is some compatible issue with DELL, O god finally they realised. Those guy committed me that somebody will come or they document it or arrange a callback. It was almost 24hours nobody called me . So i taught let me remind them so i called up them one of the executive is telling me to go to tata indicom branch and tell them that it is not working, i really don't know whether this customer executive are for tata indicom or some other company. good escape. I disagreed with them as i told him that there were 150 users effected.
    i was asking about the update that what is the status for call back he is telling me to go somewhere else wow what a solution they provided me. Finally by the grace of god i got one lady on call explained her the issue and requested some one to call me, they arranged a callback
    even it is more then 24 hours nobody visited my place when i called up now nobody is picking up the phone - Excellent customer service.

I have one question for Tata, they are already aware about this issue from last 2 month but what is the solution they have. As coroporate guy i guess that you got the information from our end which laptop we are using still you people has taken care.

Case create 2 weeks back
    still it is going on.
    no one bothered to take ownership
    even i have given complaint via mail no one bothered to get back to me.

Is this called quality customer service.

Tata ---- really tata for everyone (bye bye to satisfaction and increase blood pressure)

Only sentence i heard in the call is "sorry for the inconvinience" & we understand your concern like a parrot.

• Pa
      25th of Jan, 2008

Never take connection from TATA, they are cheater and spoiled the name of TATA. I had taken connection in Mumbai and later I surrendered the connections due to their poor service. Their customer care can be named as customer "no care". For God sake never never TATA any more.

• Aj
      29th of May, 2008

Myself Ajay Kuklkarni from Pune, i am business analyst I booked tataindicom wireless data card USB Modem and Wireless Internet. I had got in touch with the sales person and he visited my residence, as per procedure and collected all the necessary documents and i paid him. As per the procedure i was getting connection in two days, due to the business urgency i requested them to make it in 1 day for that they took extra money from me. I was promised the connection in 1 day, but it’s already 3 day past no one turned back even they least bother to inform me about the delay. After several calls to the higher authority still i have not got the connection and i lost my US client as being not available in given time

• Ba
      2nd of May, 2009

I purchase USB TAta Modan in February - 2009 since then i am not able to access even a single page i have given several complain but the mater is still pending now i would like to surrender the USB Modam, and i want my money back which i have paid at the time of taking the usb modam, My internet no. is 9223955461 and my contact no. is 9221380676
    today date 02-05-2009 (Saturday)