T-Mobile / poor customer service

IL, United States Review updated:

January 20, 2011

Dear t-mobile,
I am a loyal customer at t-mobile for a year. I am extremely saddened by the customer service of this store. The time was 6-7pm on january 19, 2011 with the incident occurred.
North ave & clybourn ave (9931)
824 w north ave
Chicago, il 60642
[protected]

The store manager did not help me with my blackberry which is dying. The phone battery is dead. He would not work on my phone because “I told him that he was condescending and disrespectful towards me”. I still have not received any help from t-mobile. I have a right to my opinion. I am stand strong on the store manager’s performance.

I asked the store manager to give me his name, district manager name, and phone number. If the store manager felt he did not do anything wrong - he would of provided any information that I needed to make a complaint. He frustrated me by not giving me his name or any information, and not fixing my phone. He did not follow procedure and lacked professionalism.

I am cancelling my service with t-mobile. I feel the professional level of your company is despicable. I am not going to pay for service that employees are not going to help the customer, refuse to give their names or manger’s information.

Please contact me
[protected]@hotmail.com

Comments

• Jc
      20th of Aug, 2008

I have been a customer with T-Mobile since 2003 and was on the month-to-month plan. When I moved, I could not receive service in my home. I had no land line, so decided to switch providers. I switched mid-July and was shocked to see they had charged my credit card for that full month plus extra usage charges. I never received my paperless bill for this charge so called to get a copy. The man I spoke to was very unclear and I couldn't understand him. He didn't have a foreign accent, only was mumbling and seemed very uninterested in my call. He said I would get a copy of the bill. I never did.

Today I received a bill for a termination charge of $200 plus recurring charges of 6.66 and taxes. I called customer service and the woman was polite but explained to me that when I had added minutes to my plan online back in Jan 08, I had signed in for another contract. I told her, so I give you guys more money and you penalize me fore it. And she agreed! I don't remember reading anything explaining I was signing up for another contract, but it was probably in fine print somewhere.

Anyways, when I asked her for a copy of the prior bill mentioned above, since I had not received in in two weeks. She put me on hold for 5 minutes then told me I could not receive any old bills by email or postal mail because I was not longer a customer. So they can send me a bill for $200, but not email my my last bill for free!!! Horrible customer service. I will never return to the company. I feel I have been ripped off of my hard earned money for no service provided in T-Mobiles return. I can't believe this is legal and am very disheartened.

My only hope is that I don't receive any more bills from them.

• Al
      26th of Mar, 2010

You smell like an Arab. You were told when you switched plans, which they have to tell you, that you extended your plan. Idiot. Did you not listen? Were you eating a kabob and thinking of ways to kill American capatalism? You did not succeed.
    Go hide in a hole and wait for the 72 Marcie virgins, you ###ing tool.

15th of Apr, 2011

I agree, customer service has always been terrible. It has gotten even worse!

15th of Apr, 2011

I agree, T Mobile has NO customer loyalty and the worst customer service of any company I have dealt with!

15th of Apr, 2011

My contract has expired and they want to charge me about $1000 for 4 new phones, if I renew for 2 years. For someone who is NOT a customer, the cost is $0 for the phones. What company treats its NON customers better than its customers?

I would pay more money to do business with a reputable company, than to do business with the Joke theycall TMobile. If you are thinking of subscribing with them, let me save you a lot of headache, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• Mo
      15th of Apr, 2011

I've had T Mobile for years and have yet to have a problem with them.

• Tn
      24th of Oct, 2011

T- Mobile, Has the worst customer service. I am in the middle of a two year contract. I will not resign again. I have been with them for 5 or 6 years. I have a family plan with them. If It was just 1 phone I would cancel now. When I called customer service to get a new phone because of problems I have been having, I waited a minimum of 40 min. to speak to some one. I didnt have time to wait the for them to answer the 4th time I called. I finally got through the 5th time, I got through but to only to be hung up on mid way through the transaction to another department. I finally got throught the entire transaction and new phone on the way. It is my 6th phone in 1 year. I am also tired of speaking to a foreigner!

1st of Dec, 2011

I’ve been with T-Mobile for over 3 yrs. In order to entise me into renewing my contract with T-Mobile for another 2 years an overzealous sales rep added two additional lines to my already existing two lines. He sold me two 4G phones in a 2G area. According to a technical T-Mobile rep, T-Mobile only offers a 2G network in the 81401 zip code. So… I sent the phones back the day UPS delivered them to me. That was beginning of October 2011. Since then I’ve been receiving a $180.00 bill for these phones that I NEVER USED, SENT BACK, DID NOT ACTIVATE, ETC. Today is Nov 22 2011. For the (literarily the 15th) call to T-Mobile I was told ONCE again that the problem was taken care of. Was it? Well, good news is that my contract was UP Nov 21st 2011. yes! Yesterday! I’m celebrating.

No More T-Mobile! I AM WILLING to pay MORE for a compitent service. That in itself is “PRICELESS”! Why would T-Mobile even offer a phone that will NOT WORK with the SERVICE THAT THEY PROVIDE? Then try to bill their customer and make the customer feel like a complete IDIOT. By telling me the phones are in the werehouse but have not been chacked in yet so… So what do I care! Bill me because the phones are not checked in yet? Not my fault! They got their phones back. Phone packages sealed, never being open. I sent em back with the UPS guy still at my door! So… take advantage of me, by telling me I haveto pay $35 per phone for hook up fee? For phones I never had, never hooked up, never asked for!!! Why? shear incompitance of T-Mobile? I AM takeing T-Mobile to court.

NOT FOR MONEY! I dont want a dime. I simply dont want any of YOU out there to get screwed into something that YOU did NOT want or cannot use because some sales rep wants a BONUS for christmas. By the way, I was NOT offered ANY credit for my troubles, long, long, long, long, ”ON HOLD” times and HELL that I had to endure in dealing with EVERY T_Mobile rep. And ya, every T-Mobile rep I spoke with since the beginning of Oct. 2011 till today Nov. 22nd 2011 told me “don’t worry. its taken care of.” Bullcrap! we’ll see. I had enough. I’m going to SPRINT. Ya. Maybe it’ll cost more, may not be as good a service, but, I’ll get billed for what I actually asked for. After dealing with T-Mobile thats “Priceless”! They reming me of AOL. Remember them?

You said “I wanna cancel my service” and they said “huh?… you want more service”? well, its like dealinjg with those idiots. Thank you for reading this and pls, DONT LET EM SCREW YOU! My Final Thought goes out to Any Corporate T-Mobile Employee who really needs to read this: You tried to get me to sign on for two more years by selling me phones that I cannot use in my area. Instead of gaining a customer (who was happy) for the next TWO years you, not only lost one, but instead, EVERYDAY I tell at least 20people of how your company treated me. Not surprisingly alot of people are not surprised. The service you provide in area code 81401 is 2G! Thats “Flinstones” technology. No offense to the Flinstones, their phones worked fine.

Get with the times T-Mobile, train your people, and most importantly DO NOT LIE TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. Remember this phrase “THE CUSTOMER IS ALLWAYS RIGHT”. No wonder the crappiest company in our area (WAL-MART)dropped T-Mobile. I actually have regained some respect for em. Ill buy toilet paper there again with thoughts of T-Mobile.