Swiss International Air Lines / flight and service

1 Beijing, China Review updated:

Good Day
Never fly Swiss Air or Work with Expedia.com. I enjoyed a great vacation to morocco only to end it completely stressed out. I booked my flights via Expedia, an online travel agent via the Sky Scanner website. My return flights were Marrakesh - Geneva - Zurich - Beijing. As I was going to be in transit and had no intention to leave the transit area, I saw no problem. On arriving at the airport to depart, I was told I could not take this flight. The explanation was that there is a rule stating that one cannot transit in two Schengen areas for more than 24 hours. I was less than 24 hours but it was on two different days. This was unknown to me and there was nothing told to me via Expedia or Swiss air. I had been in contact directly to Swiss air with regards to other aspects of my flight, so there should have noticed this before. The staff at the airport gave me this reason and said they can't help and were quiet rude about it. Directly telling me its my own issue and walked away. I asked for help at the Swiss air office to call the customer care and they refused to allow me to do so, again saying it's my own issue as I did not buy it from them directly. As I see it, they set the route and times of the flight and have an obligation towards customers even if I did not buy it directly from them. On contacting Espedia, the agent said they can't assist as they get the tickets directly from Swiss air and they set the routes. At the end of that day, I was forced to buy a new ticket from Swiss air at 700 USD. Both Airline and travel agent denied accountability for not having any disclaimers and say I need to know my travel laws. To me, this is an easy way to get out.
The next day, after spending close to 100 USD on calls and sleeping on a friends couch, I went back to depart. I was the first to arrive and first in line but the last to board. Once again the rude Swiss staff had issues about my flight. This time I bought the ticket directly from them and only had 2 hour stop in Munich. They had no idea if I could take that flight now and made me wait 2 hours. What was worse was that management was called down to help me but never did. The lady issuing tickets had to go up after half an hour of waiting to state my case. After another 45 minutes of no one telling me anything, I decided to go up and speak to management who brushed me of stating I should have patience. At 12.28, 2 minutes before boarding can close, they said: ok go in. This was without even an apology. On the flight they mixed my meals and all together was the worst flight and experience ever.
Swiss air, besides being incompetent in knowing their laws and getting meals right were the rudest bunch of staff I came across. Its easy for big airline companies to push customers as they see fit, especially when you are desperate.

Ir