Swatch / swatch watch bought, ref. number: yas1129 or yds1129 (not sure which, bad handwriting)

Pretoriaa/Geneve, South Africa

Dear Sir, we visited the shop on 11 January this year in 40, Rue de Marche, Geneve. I bought a Swatch watch for my husband as a present. We however live in South Africa. Unfortunately we found that the watch was cracked at the back and was taking water in. We took it to a Swatch repair shop here in Pretoria, South Africa.

I have to say, I am extremely disappointed at the service and attitudes we received at Swatch! I bought my husband a Swatch as I thought it was very good quality and would last him for years. But the back of the watch cracked without him taking it off and hitting it on something. When we took it to the shop, they took it in, after a month they returned it to us saying that they were out of stock and couldn't repair it. Seriously!!
What kind of service is this? I expected much better from Swatch!
What am I supposed to do with his present that he could only use for a few months? They didn't even want to repair it on warranty as they said that we broke it, but we didn't.

This is not an acceptable situation! We paid a lot of money for this watch, it was always his dream to have a Swatch and now all of this happened.

Please let me know what you are going to do about this situation.

Thanks so much!