Sure Heat Manufacturing / Terrible experience

United States Review updated:
Sure Heat Manufacturing
We purchased a new grill in October of 08. Anxious to get in some grilling time before the snow flies, we came home and started to put it together only to discover that the four main bolts of the grill connecting the top to the bottom were missing. We contacted Sure Heat MFG right away and were assured that the parts would be out in ten days. NOT! Called three more times, and heard how sorry they were about the 'mix up' and the parts were in the mail. To date, 3/14/09 we have received absolutely NOTHING from this company. Every time we call they are 'sorry'. I have a grill that I cannot use and NOW cannot return to the store because its been way too long for us to get our money back.

Do not purchase these grills as if you have missing parts YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN! The last time we called, which was several weeks ago we were told that they would send us some extra gifts as they dropped the ball...apparently these are in the same package as the BOLTS we need are and I doubt they will EVER arrive.

N  9th of Jun, 2009 by
This is really not a complaint, but a different point of view from the other 2 complaints. I own a CGR30LP, manufactured by Sure heat. Granted over the last 5 years I have had some issues with it, but the customer service to this day has been fabulous. I know most of the people there have been there for years and are very knowledgeable about not only there product but other grills as well. I have ordered parts before and usually received them in about 10 days. I don't think people understand that you catch more flies with honey then vinegar. If you call acting like a jerk people respond to you differently. I have always been pleasant and they are pleasant to me. Customer service is just that. They can't control all the things that happen in a company. I know there job is to make things better, but all they can do is give you the information that they are given. As far as the lady with the conversion kit, if you pay attention to the website for Costco, it tells you what kit to order for your grill. I am not saying that they are the best customer service department ever, but they work well with what they have. Considering they listen to angry people all day, maybe you all should take the time to think about "would you want to be treated like you treat them" I think no.
N  19th of Jun, 2009 by
I went in on a Friday afternoon to the manufacturing office after someone referred me to them for a good deal on a grill. The customer service manager took me into the warehouse and showed me the available grills and after I chose the one I wanted to purchase she told me she would put my name on the grill and I could pick it up after Monday. Tuesday morning I called to find out when I could pick up the grill and if I would need help loading it. The customer service manager never answered her phone and her voice mail never picked up. Same thing Wednesday morning. Thursday morning I finally spoke to her on the phone when she told me she would check in the warehouse to see if the grill was still there and she would call me back. She did not call me back. I called that afternoon and finally was able to get her voice mail and I left her a message to please call me back, that I wanted to pick up the grill Friday. She still did not call me back. I decided to show up Friday to pick up my grill and it wasn't until I was in the office waiting for the customer service manager that I was informed that the grill was gone when they came in Monday morning. No one called to tell me this. The customer service manager did not tell me this when I spoke to her Thursday. No one called, not one time in the four days between when the grill disappeared and when I arrived to pick it up. I took time off from my job to go up there early on Friday to pick up this grill and only then did someone admit the grill was not there. The customer service manager said they had another new grill still in the box but would be $200.00 more than what we agreed on for the original grill I wanted. I asked her why she never told me the grill I was coming to pick up was not there and she said she checked but she did not call me back. She then told me there was nothing she could do. I asked her who the manager was and then she became defensive telling me she was the manager. I asked her who her manager was and she gave me her name then told me she had just walked out the door so I could not talk to her. I left the building then called the company to leave a message for her manager letting her know I would be sending a letter to her, the customer service manager and also the Better Business Bureau. I then called to leave a voice mail for the customer service manager but she actually answered the phone. I calmly explained to her that I would be writing a letter to her manager and the Better Business Bureau explaining the situation and she started saying I was harrassing her and that the calls were recorded. She then proceeded to tell me that they stopped selling to the public and that she was only being nice to me when she agreed to sell me the grill. I replied that it was not nice that she agreed to sell me the grill then did not tell me it was sold to someone else 4 days before I showed up in the office. If she would have called me Monday, when the grill was either sold to someone else or shipped to a store there would not have been a problem and I would have been able to make other arrangements to buy a grill somewhere else. This was not good customer service. This was not even bad customer service. This was no service at all. Do not buy a grill from Sure Heat. I would not even buy a grill from any store that Sure Heat supplies grills to. If this is their idea of customer service you can count on never getting any help if there is a problem.
A  5th of Jan, 2010 by
I agree ther customer service is worst than third world. And there technical support is really a joke you ask a question they cannot answer it and say they will call you back what a lie. I called on 2 occasions and never got a return call.After looking on the internet I determined what part I needed. I called and ordered a part for my LP gas logs I was told it would be 8 to 14 days for delivery. After 17 days I called to check on my order and was told it was shipped but had not had a UPS tracking number assigned and he assured me it had been shipped. After 4 more days I called back and was told they did not know why he told me it had shipped and they in the middle of inventory. As it turn out they never had the part I order in stock and was on back order and they had to get these parts from France and it would be another 3 weeks . Do you think I beleive anything they say. I think the CEO or district manager or plant manager or someone with sound and ethical business sense should look into these negative feedbacks.
N  26th of Mar, 2012 by
I purchased a grill in June 2007 i needed to replace the burners by march 2011 but i was told the parts weren't available i continued to call throughout 2011 and was unable to ever get the necessary parts which were covered under the warranty its now march 2012 and i am still looking for the parts even though the warranty has expired, within the next month i will get my parts or i will purchase a better product.