Suntrust / holding my money
I opened my account with Sun Trust on line on Friday 7/24/09, $200.00 cash, on Monday I went to the bank and withdrew $100.oo to pay bills, I havent received my checks or my atm card yet. On Tuesday I went to the bank and was told they have closed my account due to a negative report they received and they would send my money to me in 6 TO8 WEEKS!!!, I couldnt believe it, they didnt even have the decency to at least call me and let me get my money out, that was all the money I had to my name, I had to pay my electric bill and now its shut off, and I have no money to feed my kid, I have no idea why they would keep my money for two months, its outrageous, Im filing a civil complaint, Im going to call the police and charge them with theft and then call the newspaper and the local tv station, this is the worst customer abuse I have ever heard of and they keep telling me there is nothing they can do.
More Suntrust Complaints & Reviews
- Suntrust - overdraft fees 
- SunTrustBank - unauthorized bank charge! 
- Sunlife Financial Trust Inc - fraudulent lottery winnings 
- SunTrustBank - closed checking account (what a joke) 
- Suntrust - not to be trusted - horrible customer service 
- Suntrust Banks - check you sent me bounced now I am charged a fee
- SunTrust Bank, Smallwood Shopping Center Waldorf MD - teller
- Suntrust Bank - none delivery of check and lack of service to resolve.
- Suntrust Banks - online banking
- Suntrust Banks - release of funds