Sunset Group / Fishermans Village / Scam and cheating!

1 444 BRICKELL AVENUE#51Miami, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800.843.3814

In July, 2004 I visited Sunset Fisherman's Village and was presented with an investment timeshare opportunity based on misleading and completely fraudulent information. I purchased a studio and a package consisting of 1 personal-use week and 3 VIP weeks to be used solely as rental weeks. At the time of purchase I was assured that the purpose of the package I purchased was to expose prospective buyers to the properties via weeks that would be rented out on my behalf from a partner company Vacation Weeks". I was told several times that the rental rates are near 100% and that I would be renting for profit. I was also told on numerous occasions that Sunset would be willing to repurchase the property if things did not work out as promised. There has not been a single rental on my timeshare or VIP weeks. I have contacted both Sunset Group and Vacation Weeks on multiple occasions to try to resolve the issue. I have never received any calls or email responses back from either Sunset Group or Vacation Weeks. I was made aware, from Profeco and industry contacts, that these sorts of delay tactics are deliberate in an effort to ensure that the consumer protection window expires. I have also learned from [redacted] that Vacation Weeks places a much higher priority on the process of adding clients/properties to their pool and less priority/effort managing the process to rent or sell those clients' properties, which was not disclosed at the Sunset sales presentation. Another victim of Sunset's fraud indicated on RIP-OFF that it is highly unlikely that my Sunset Fisherman Village VIP weeks would be rented and that "never" made at the prices quoted during the sales presentation. Sunset Group employs deceptive and totally misleading sales tactics and what I was sold is surely not a realistic investment option as Sunset Group presented. During the sales presentation at Sunset Fisherman's Village I was very clear and concerned about using a time share as an investment tool. I spent hours in lengthy discussion with the sales team (Patricia and others throughout the afternoon), with them ensuring me that this was a "guaranteed" investment opportunity and continually walked around showing several binders of checks issued to purchasers. They also indicated on several occasions that the rental rate for my VIP weeks was almost 100%. Rafael the Chief Executive V.L.O spent a great deal of time reassuring me about the rental opportunities and insisted that if Vacation Weeks did not fulfill their commitments, that Sunset Group would assist. They promised that they would repurchase the package, at the current sales value, if things didn't work out as promised. I have retained a lawyer and have sent numerous inquiries to have the contract canceled and my money refunded. I just want to make sure the Sunset Group does not continue with its blatant misleading and completely false sales tactics.

David sacramento, California.

Comments

• Je
      2nd of Feb, 2009

Shell Vacations Club is a RIP OFF.

We need more people to stand up together and get stronger. shell vacation victim please join my communite forum at http://antishellvacation.com

Why would someone pay $400 a night with Shell Vacations Club points when you can stay at the same Hotel for $150 by booking with Expedia or other website. The economy is in real bad shape and we should let current owner NOT TO PURCHASE MORE POINTS AND MAKE SURE OTHER PEOPLE DO NOT GET SCAMMED ON THIS RIP OFF.
    Do not get fooled by FAKE positve comments made by Shell Vacations employees. Read what current pissed owners have to say about.

• Ti
      7th of Apr, 2010

The tmeshare industry in Mexico is taking almost a Billion Dollars every year from Americans and Candians. They are taking away their earnest money based on lies and misrepresentation. I have collected evidence to support the claims of thousands of people deceived from this company. Share this info with your general attorney, the Federal Trade Commsision, the Consulate of Canada and USA in Cancún as well as any government agency that you believe might be interested in putting pressure in the Mexican Government to stop these companies from scamming more honest people.

Please visit this website (specially the video section) to know in detail how these companies operate.