Sunset Group / timeshare

1 Mexico Review updated:

Since the time that I posted my complaint on this site I would like to say that my fiance, myself and Sunset Group have reached a mutual agreement in which we are all satisfied with.

Comments

Sa
  8th of Jul, 2009

this is great to hear Elizabeth! I had a friend that owned a timeshare with Sunset group and she was very happy with them. She said they were very accomodating.

Br
  18th of Nov, 2013

I know how you feel, and it seems like this is a common problen in Mexico. I purchased a travel program through Sandos Playacar at Royal Elite Timeshare Resort in Playa del Carmen last March and I requested to cancel within the 5 day grace period but they still have not refunded my down payment of over $9000 US dollars. I have been in touch with people there and they say they are working the process but it takes time. It has now been almost 5 months and I am losing faith they will ever pay me back. This is another forum with more complaints about this company:

I believe we should do something about it, as I understand Mexican regulations forbid the offering of gifts, free vacation certificates or any other promotion strategies without informing the consumer the specific purpose of the offer. I want to complaint with PROFECO about this, and get my money back