Subway, Lebanon Virginia / embarrassing experience

3 Lebanon Virginia, United States Review updated:

I was sitting in Subway with a coworker eating and 2 cops come in and went to the back then they came to my table and asked for my I. D. And said we were being barred that one of us had touched someone on the hand and made a rude comment. That is so not true! Everything seemed normal to that point, So that was a very embarrassing situation while the cops were questioning me there in front of the costumers in Subway &Walmart that are in the same building, I would like to solve this matter quick! Doug whited [protected], dugwhited@gmail.com

• Updated by doug whited, Aug 01, 2018

To call the cops & concerned dad Talk is cheap and you’re to chicken [censored] to use your name, if there’s such video let’s see it But there’s not! And cheap talk concerned dad about that knuckle sandwich bring it and I’ll see that you eat it!

Do
Jul 31, 2018

Comments

• Ke
      31st of Jul, 2018

Maybe you should be more selective with the company you keep if you don't want to be labled a dirty old man. Just a thought...

31st of Jul, 2018

@Keepourkidssafe So you are saying that because of the company someone keeps that a person that was innocent should be condemned for the other persons actions??? I guess Jesus would be banned from there, too.

Best Best Advice +5 Votes

So the employees called the police for no reason? Just a guy eating lunch, doing nothing wrong. Hmmm, maybe you thought you were being cute or funny.

31st of Jul, 2018

@SubSquirrel So you are saying that because of the company someone keeps, that a person that was innocent should be condemned for another persons actions??? Do you even know who sat at the table with Jesus? I guess Jesus would be banned from there, too.

31st of Jul, 2018

@Beautiful Loser That was at keepourkidssafe not you. I apologize.

31st of Jul, 2018

@Beautiful Loser Ah, okay. I’ll save my rant about religion for another time ;)

• Ca
      1st of Aug, 2018

Actually, the incident occurred on a previous day during the week, Monday July 23. There is video & witnesses of what took place. And the employee made a complaint of the person who violated her personal space by coming behind the counter to grab their hand & made offensive remarks. The employee also explained that the man was accompanied by someone else. The man who violated the associate should not have continued to say he wanted a “side” of the associate or that she was “the perfect age” or that he would never forget her & he would be back for sure. That man shouldn’t have returned more than once during the week and asked where the employee was by name either. Old men need to find older women to harass, flirt, &/or fondle, because young ladies should never feel threatened, violated, uncomfortable or scared when their jobs are to make sandwiches. So the quickest way to solve the matter is to beware of the company you keep & stay away from the place you were served a no trespass. The young lady’s safety & well-being is the upmost concern over someone’s embarrassment for the company they keep. So, do whatever is legally necessary, because the associate will be doing so as well.

1st of Aug, 2018

@CallTheCops Excuse me????? It’s ok to harass older women? NO ONE should be sexually harassed. Period.

• Co
      1st of Aug, 2018

@CallTheCops Thanks Call the Cops; for the “rest of the story”. If some Dirty Ole Pervert would have touched one of my Daughters and “asked for a side of them” while they were at work. The Very Last thing Doug would be worried about would be being embarrassed at Walmart! I would have hit that Pervert right in the effing mouth and if Doug had a problem with it and wanted some he could have had a knuckle sandwich too instead of a Footlong sub...

• Ca
      1st of Aug, 2018

@SubSquirrel Exactly...No one should ever be harassed & since people want to bring Jesus into this, how about they live by His examples & leave judgement to Him!

• Sh
      3rd of Aug, 2018

@SubSquirrel So obviously, you understand now that the employees did not call the police for no reason but rather had a very good reason to call, due to harrasment. I agree completely no one should be harassed no matter what age. The actions that were taken are completely justified.

• Ke
      2nd of Aug, 2018

Training in Awareness, Diversity and interaction with public is lacking or dismal in many areas.

3rd of Aug, 2018

@Kevin Holian Very true. I hear things in stores that makes me want to interrupt the rude [censored]s. But, these days, people carry guns and knives on them and my life isn’t worth my giving lessons in being polite

• Me
      4th of Aug, 2018

I am just in to be a part of the crowd. "rabble rabble!!"

If there is a video-let us watch, post please.

• Ba
      4th of Aug, 2018

I have a comment. All innocence is considered as such until guilt is proven. Guilt is proven through irrefutable evidence such as a video tape. Hearsay and ones opinions and perceptions does not constitute enough evidence to bar a person or persons from an establishment. Sounds like some discriminatory and preconceived notions spawned poorly thought out actions on the part of law enforcement . That should be addressed with the authorities over these gentlemen. there are too many of these goons in uniform abusing the powers given whether through ignorance or egotism, giving the majority of good officers who are trying to do the job right a bad rep and making it harder. There should have been an investigation of allegations, questioning. However, remember that these are allegations made by an individual, with no hard evidence backing it up being presented before you start burning the stakes on a witch hunt. I personally know one of the i individuals here, and know that he is one of the most upright, decent, moral folks i know. Who would kindly give his shirt off his back to a stranger in need. So look at the entire situation folks. perhaps not handled very well ? Feel free to fling all the comments my way, i love battling ignorance and attitudes with logic and reasonable thinking.

4th of Aug, 2018

@bamastrong There are several trolls who visit and post here. They tell ludicrously ridiculous stories that never ring true. This story has some people wondering if it’s true and while it sounds plausible, I’d like to hear the other side.

I’d have gone to the police chief with accusations, not a public forum. I’d go to my local newspaper and tell my story if no one could dispute it. If any doubt, I’d keep it quiet. Two people defending a situation against me would make me look bad.

• Ba
      4th of Aug, 2018

@SubSquirrel there is good points in what you are saying. The reason this story gained my interest was the person(s) involved and the media in which i was introduced to the story was through personal acquaintance, giving it more validity. I find it ludicrous that two sworn lawmen would do such a thing without solid premise . That said, we all are reminded every day of instances where our officers are not always doing what they should . The Kelly Thomas beating in Fullerton, California from 2011 is a grim reminder of how often innocent people are victimized by those who have sworn to uphold the law. I wonder, knowing of one of the gentlemen involved, and given your very valid points made, why the officers made the choices they did. What was their personal involvement? In my opinion, the actions which read more to be emotionally driven reactions taken by the officers suggest in my mind a personal involvement with either the accuser or an issue unrelated with the gentlemen in question. i.e. a pissing contest...