Suburban Propane / Price. 5.959 Gallon

1 Forked River, NJ, United States Review updated:

My last delivery for Suburban propane was $5.96 a gallon. It is my last. $878. for 147.6 gallon. 1 month worth of heat, hot water & cooking and clothes washer. I am ashamed it has taken me so long, 23 years to fire this outfit.

Comments

• Di
      12th of Mar, 2010

i have a 1000 gal. tank with Suburban, it runs my entire house, as we are off the grid and use a propane generator when the solar panels don't get a charge. After 5 years of renting the tank, I would then have ownership of the tank, mind you we spent an average of $6, ooo.00 per year on LP gas. When Suburban decided to fill my tank 800 gallons without my request, I was obligated to pay $2, 400.oo on my account. My account became delinquent, and they came to my house and put a lock on my tank without any prior notification, essentially shutting us down. We slowly paid the balance off in full, as slowly as you can when you depend on LP. We had to then pre-pay, with a minimum delivery of 150 gallons. Consistentlywould receive a bill one week following the delivery, even though we had already paid in full prior to delivery???????Their service was always rude and uncooperative, we had been with then for 12 years at two different locations. When I looked into another provider, they gave me an estimate for $2, 000.00 to bring my propane system up to code, Suburban did all my installations, on my newly constructed home, no other gas company would take us on as customers, without the upgrades. We wanted to own the tank which is buried, and have proof of ownership, to purchase for the best price, they said we could buy the tank for$2, 800.00?????Oh yeah and by the way, because they had merged with Agway Energy they no longer would release the tank to us after the five years, Our hands were tied, unless we could come up with near 3k, to feed the fat man!!!We decided to tell Suburban to kiss off, and changed our system up to something more practicle, thanks for the push and the extra $5, 000.00 a year. Suburban, You're losing customers everyday because you're lying, deceitful business people, who get ahead by bullying hard working, honest consumers who feed your greedy souls- I hope you can remedy your situation, you have the opportunity to be a well respected company again. No Regrets leaving you I hope someone steps in and forces regulation on your company, its corrupt.