Suburban Propane Logo

Suburban Propane

Having problems with Suburban Propane?

Suburban Propane reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 25, 2008. The latest review propane price and customer service was posted on Oct 22, 2021. The latest complaint Tank and Service was resolved on Oct 23, 2014. Suburban Propane has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 117 reviews. Suburban Propane has resolved 38 complaints.

Suburban Propane Customer Service Contacts

1800 776 7263 (Customer Service)
+1 973 503 9252 (Investor Relations)
+1 888 878 0708 (K-1 Inquiries)
240 Route 10 West, P.O. Box 206
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Suburban Propane Customer Service. Initial Suburban Propane complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Suburban Propane above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Suburban Propane. Discuss the issues you have had with Suburban Propane and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Suburban Propane Complaints & Reviews

Suburban Propanepropane price and customer service

My name is Dean Balmer in Noble Oklahoma. I have been a customer for nearly 30 years. I called to get my propane filled and they told me the price was 4.57 per gallon. I told them the price at 3 other propane companies in my area right now is 2.39 per gal. I called the corp. office in New Jersy and they refuse to call me back. I know they are getting my messages because they are having their regioal managers calling me. All I want is a fair price. The regional manager says the price is set by the office I buy from and the office I buy from says the price is set by the corp office. The regional manager who is out of Texas told me the price is high because of the Biden admin. shutting down the pipeline from Canada. What a bunch of crap. This is the worst company I have ever had to deal with. Maybe its so high priced becaused the CEO Michael Stival thinks he needs more than 2.6 million a year. I wish they would realize we are in a pandemic and price gouging is wrong.

Mar 09, 2021

Suburban Propane — Very poor service department

On 2/25/2021 we had our propane furnace serviced by Suburban Propane. The service tech said our furnace wa...

Suburban PropanePropane prices

What isn't wrong with this company? Oh where do I even begin. Alright, nobody ever told me that I had to pay a tank rental fee. This is my first time having propane so I honestly didnt know any better. They told me it was $10 I said no problem and paid it. Very reasonable. I got a bill later on for $60 the year after that and ignored the bill. Sometimes this company will send out a random bill and if you ignore it, the amount goes down. That is what I thought this was. I called them and they said that that is the tank rental fee. How did it go from $10 to $60 with no notice?! There wasn't even a description of why I owed that much in the first place. Then they capped off the tanks and a month later removed the tanks without my knowledge.Now I cant get heap like I was originally going to do. Stay far away from these scam artists.

Suburban PropaneBilling

A year ago I went from burning wood to heating oil. At that time, since I was already using suburban for cooking, I spoke with them about whether or not they took heap because I am on heap. They assured me they die. They got their voucher for heap. They clearly understood this was a separate account since they would only get paid for what was delivered.
      Someone there because they do not listen, did not separate the accounts and now they expect me to pay for their estimated use for both cooking and heat.
      They are the most stupid and ignorant company eve. I am not going to pay it and I welcome a day in court.

Suburban PropaneSuburban propane

I ordered and paid for propane on Dec15 I was promised the delivery the following week. Last week came and went and I got no propane. Ive called multiple times no one can tell me why I didn't get my propane and when I might possible get it delivered. I have sent multiple inquiries through their "contact page and no one has bothered to contact me back!!! I have called multiple times and each time promised answers! I've come to the conclusion SUBURBAN propane could care less and their customer service reps are LIARS!!! Time to find a new propane provider!

Oct 19, 2020

Suburban Propane — Tank rental fee increase 600%, from $10 to $60 per year

My Suburban Propane (SP) tank rental is normally $10 per year. This time I received an invoice for $60 plu...

Aug 26, 2020

Suburban Propane — Billing, contract, collections

My mother and I were both customers suburban propane for a total of 70 years. I'm not sure what...

Suburban PropanePropane

So your multi million dollar company is worried about the $275 I owe. Sorry if it is a bad year for all. I see on your website that you have a virus response but all you care about is money. I have been paying this off. I found companies that are much lower price. The best way to resolve this is for me to get another company.

Glad to see you go.

Jul 17, 2020

Suburban Propane — Propane price gouging

Looks like price gouging. We cant get any response from suburban propane to explain why our bill suddenly...

Suburban PropanePropane

I have been with Propane for 3.5 years now. We've had several problems but stayed with the company. We bought our home in 2019 in the same town we had a rental. Suburban said they couldn't move our tank for us because it had 50% left in it. However when the new person moved in we would get a reimbursement for the gas whether the new person kept the tank or not. That did not happen. We were also charged double the rental fee, along with state taxes. However in the state of California household propane is non taxable. The officer supervisor refuses to refund our money even though the charges are incorrect and due to their offices mistake. The owe us close to $300. I told them I was going with another company the came out the next day and filled my tank so that I could not change companies. This is truly outrageous!

Jan 11, 2020

Suburban Propane — Propane price

I called to request a delivery of Propane Gas to my residence that has a 250-gallon Suburban tank. They...

Dec 18, 2019

Suburban Propane — Unethical behavior

I was charged over $4.39 per gallon, I used it for heat and hot water. I called the office and they said the...

Dec 15, 2019

Suburban Propane — Deliveries when not authorized

So for the past 3 years now I go over the same thing with them. Every year at least a couple times I tell...

Nov 19, 2019

Suburban Propane — Customer service

I had an account with them for 12 years and I suffered the first 4 years, because they stopped fuel delivery...

Suburban PropanePoor customer service

I am in Lakeland, Florida. I have been a customer (paying customer) for 14 years. 7 years ago my husband (now X) moved out. I did not realize the account was in his name as the truck would show up and I would pay the bills.

Somehow in September the billing address was changed to his new home. I did not get the bills nor did I get phone calls, emails or any notification I was behind in payment.

Fast forward...I'm selling my house and I need the tank filled for the new owners. I paid the unpaid balance as soon as I was aware and called today to schedule a delivery. I was told by the indignant customer service rep (Joseph) that because the man of the house was no longer living here I needed a new inspection (that I would have to pay for) and a new account before I could get my tank filled. He explained it was policy.

I tried to get him to realize that common sense overrides policy. I have been the paying customer for 14 years regardless of who's name was on the account. I live in the dwelling where the tank resides. And had I just said "Yes...I am the person whose name is on the account" my tank would be full now.

Is this how your company operates? It discriminatory. I asked to speak to a manager and was told they were ALL at lunch and someone would call me. No one has called me. Really?

Feb 16, 2019

Suburban Propane — Lying to and stealing from customers

When I bought my house 1 year ago I went with suburban propane, as they seemed so nice. The first fill up...

Jan 31, 2019

Suburban Propane — Supposed code violation

Late '90s we had an in-ground propane tank installed for a gas stove - new construction. Fill amount is le...

Jan 17, 2019

Suburban Propane — Price of propane

They came and filled my tank and charged me $5.36 a gallon!!! Price with several other companies were between...

Suburban Propane — Propane install & delivery

This all started back on September 18th of this year when I decided I would use Suburban Propane for our...

Suburban Propane — Service

I had my tanks moved in August to have my home painted. The total charge was about $200 but the issue was the...

Wells