StrawberryNET.com / They send wrong item and expect customer to pay postage for its return

1 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Review updated:

Step 3: Preview and Publish Your Review
Please proofread your review. If there is anything you would like to change or correct, click the "Edit" button at the bottom left. When you are finished, click the "Publish your review" button.

RETURNS SCAM. Customers expected to pay for Registered Post returns on StrawberryNet mistakes!

Having ordered a particular face moisturiser clearly marked on their website as containing SPF25, StrawberryNet sent me a version of that moisturiser minus the SPF...not once but twice!
The first time they said "keep the product", the second time they wanted me to send them photographs of the jar (?), and instructing me to return the product by Registered Post back to them in Hong Kong. Which I did.

Weeks later, after badgering them via numerous emails to try and get a refund for the product I'd ordered and paid for in advance plus the AUD$18.30 Registered Post charges...they finally paid up. BUT, not for the postal charges. In reply to yet another email regarding this they asked me to send a receipt for the postage paid and in any case they would not issue a refund but some kind of credit note. I NEVER WANT TO USE STRAWBERRYNET AGAIN!

I am furious! They sent me the wrong product in the first place. I had paid in advance for their mistake, and they had the audacity to keep hold of my money for 6 weeks until I wrung it out of them. And, having requested me to return their incorrect product by Registered Post, they expected me to simply foot the bill.

Comments

• Cl
      14th of Apr, 2011

This too has happened to me, which is why I now only shop on Australian websites such as fresh fragrances and cosmetics and the beauty club.
    Whilst no store is exempt from mistakes such as sending the incorrect product, I feel better that I am buying from Australian companies and therefore if anything does go wrong, all I have to do is pick up a phone and make a call.
    I have had to return an item to fresh fragrances and cosmetics, as I ordered the incorrect item, and they were a pleasure to deal with. I have been burnt too many times by strawberry net, so saving $10- $15 just isn't worth it for me.