Steak 'n Shake Enterprisesservice and staff

D Nov 16, 2017 Review updated:

Hello. I am writing in regards to my last 3 visits to Steak ‘n Shake in portage Indiana. They have been horrible. All 3 have been with the same server. The place was not busy nor were the orders big. Went with 3 other people each time as I buy lunch for work meetings. This last one was last night and we waited 48 minutes for our drinks. Yes that's us being sat down, asked what we would like to drink, then walking away. I made sure to note the times. Then it took another 23 min for her to come back to the table after the cooks kept yelling "server" we need a server. Not once out of the last 3 visits did we get a check up on. No asking for refills, seeing how the food tasted. I have never had service that went down hill at any restaurant like the last few visits at the portage store. So when we finally have to ask for our check, I ask to speak to the manager. Told her our wait was horrible and how long it took to get our drinks. She looks around and says oh that's not good. Not saying I want her to say something different but there was no respectful I'm sorry or anything along those lines that a manager should fufill. All I can say is I would really appreciate it if something can be worked out. Each meal I spend is between $30-50 for the few of us to eat. Let alone leave a tip that hasn't been deserved in the last 3 visits. Customer service should be taken care of with being a restaurant in a professional matter. Please let me know what you have to say. Thank you for your time.

• P
      Nov 17, 2017

Did you ask the manager for a discount or something of that nature? After three negative experiences you may just want to no longer visit that location.