Steak and Shake / customer service, wait time, professionalism

Alpharetta, GA, United States

I visited Steak and Shake on North Point (in Alpharetta GA) at 1:24 a.m. Instead of asking what they could make fresh for me today, Sterling advised me he would take my order 'as soon as he could'. At 1:36 a.m. I asked was he ready to take my order. He said they were really backed up and continued to give excuses, then put me on hold again. At 1:43 (after sitting in drive thru for 20 minutes) he FINALLY took my order. He repeated it back to me incorrectly 3 times. I again gave the correct order and pulled to the window to pay. I literally sat at the window for 5-6 more minutes. When he came to the window he did not apologize for the wait. He gave more excuses about how they were short a cook, the car behind me only wanted fries so he could serve them, but it would be an additional 10-15 minutes wait for my food while he was taught how to make it . I understand he was having a rough shift, but he was rude, unprofessional, and snippy. An hour wait for fast food is totally unacceptable. The service at night with the all men crew is typically longer (about 15 to 20 minutes total) but I was thoroughly disappointed and angered about today's experience. I expect to hear back from management with an apology and resolution before I consider patronizing this restaurant any further.

Di