Stater Brothers / false advertiseing

Phelan Rd, Phelan CaPhelan, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7608682315
In July 2008 I bought a watermelon that was supposed to be 19 cents a pound, it wasn't until after we got home and put everything away, that I noticed that my 17 pound watermelon cost me $30, I didn't do anything about it at the time, we had already cut it up, and recently I bought three small tomatoes that didn't even equal a pound all together and I was charged $2.39 for EACH tomato! We've been noticing this a lot more lately, Prices are already high, and now all of these cashiers are making mistakes, that may seem small at the time, but all together.. these are some huge mistakes. It's usually with the fresh fruits and veggies, we've had to cut back a lot already, now I am forced to stand in the check out and have them print out the receipt before I pay, so I can make sure they're are not major errors. I'm sure it's not just this Staters in my home town that has been doing this, most of them all over Southern California have been making major mistakes when you are ready to check out.
Ti

Comments

Co
  4th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
When you bring in other stores, that you do not even shop at into a complaint your just avoiding logic to propagate your anger. I stumbled across this site just right now, but I'm pretty sure it's purpose is to complain about things you've experienced. Though your assumption is probably 100% true that their is human error at Stater Brothers, that probably pertains to more than Stater Brothers seeing as how every human makes mistakes and theirs quite a few working at stores these days. For that very reason almost every grocery store in America allows you to come back in to cite their error and fix it for you, often without the conveyance even being with you. Obviously your not to upset with their service seeing as how your going back to them when their is probably a Albertson's 2 blocks away.
(Complaint of a complaint)
Jo
  13th of Jul, 2012
First of all... if you pay 30 bucks for a watermelon thats only 19 cents a pound... you take the reciept back and get your money back. No one would just let that go! Tomatos are sold by the pound so there isn't any way that you paid 2.39 each for them. The checker has to input a code for both these items of produce in order to determine the price... so the only mistake would have been if she had put in the wrong code. Then the item would have come up on the reciept as something different. Most of all... any reputable grocery store (staters, vons, food 4 less, etc) guarantees their products and offers refunds and exchanges and are always willing to fix their mistakes. So don't let it go next time and take your reciept or even your cut up watermelon back and get a refund. They will be happy to do it. Human error is bound to happen, sometimes it is even the customer who misreads prices or sale dates...

Stater Bros Markets Logo Stater Bros Markets