State Bank Of India / rude behavior!

Name of Bank : SBI Branch - Darya Ganj New Delhi-110002.
Purpose of Visit: Opening Saving Ac in the Bank and some Investments (Fixed Deposit, and in SBI Mutual funds and SBI Life
Insurance).
Date & Time of visit: 19/01/08- 11:30 am.

When I went to the bank I asked the person who were seating on the customer support counter. I asked him please give me the forms for opening the saving ac. he seemed to reluctant to reply me because he was busy in gossiping with his friend with a cup of tea, I again asked him could you please provide me the forms and details. Then very unwillingly he look at me and asked what you want I said I need the forms and I also want to know to know some details on investments. He replied me come on Monday I don't have forms, and today is no time I asked him what is the working hrs on Saturday he said till 1'o clock I said but right now is 11:45.

Then he replied take the form form guard, after a long marathon of talking finally I manage to got the forms when I come to him again for asking what documents you require and I also need some clarity on investments. He said what documents you have, I asked him what documents your require please tell me he then got anger and replied me you not have the complete documents I am sure I said no I have please tell me what documents you require. then he said if you have the documents then it will not use because the person who will take this documents is not in his seat and because it is almost 12:00 so the cashier will not take the money as well. His whole behavior now made me very disappointing and sad and I decided I will not invest or open any account in SBI.

But the whole incident make me understand why most of the person like private bank then a government bank and the reason of private banking is growing.

Thanks,
Naveen.

Comments

• Su
      4th of Feb, 2008

Maybe if you spoke English properly to the cashier he would know what your were trying to ask. English-as-a-second language courses are available throughout the country and I highly recommend that you take it to prevent furthur embarrasment to yourself.

• Pr
      20th of Sep, 2008

Went to school in India and the US lived in the US for over 15 years, I am being subjected to the same rude behavior by Indians employed by Bank of America. This happened in North Hills area of California. The customer service pieces of work both south asians were very rude to me until they saw my account balance. Then the money I had on deposit with them made them be very pleasant to me. These pieces of work from India bring our culture whereever they go. Indians have no salvation unless and until each and ev ery one of us conciously try to change our behavior and respect each other as fellow human beings.