Menu
State Bank of India [SBI]
reviews & complaints

State Bank of India [SBI]
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

535 complaints
194 resolved 341 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of State Bank of India [SBI]. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
5:14 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have requested the State bank of India Mansa that I want to surrender my locker in Dec 204. I was told tro come next month ; then on my next visit i was told to come in month of Feb 2015, again to be told to come in March and again was told to come on 2-4-2015. I again went on 2/4/2015.Again i was told that some form is not available and so i was suggested to come after some days .

A
4:14 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had tried withdrawal of 20k from SBI ATM, whit the ATM did not dispend as I had not enough balance. But after some days I got a message of lien balance. which got deducted from my account post I transferred the funds. After following up with bank twice, I couldnot get the amount back. I raised a complaint with RIB, post which I got a call from Mr. P K...

V
4:39 am

State Bank of India [SBI] - sbi bank fraudest banks cc no. card no.0005264685324414802

Dear Sir / Madam,

Extremely sorry but because of SBI I almost feel like killing my life.

1) 2007 or 2008 I dont even remember properly some body frm SBI called and asked me to take SBI Credit card I said I already have ICICI I do not require it. But they forced me saying if you take we shall give free gift worth Rs.5000 I said ok fine.
The concerned person told me that if I do not require card and I have to return it I can do so within one month.

2) After I receive the card they call me and tell me you have got free accidental policy I said if its free fine but they never told me that it costs me Rs.999/- later on when the SBI person wanted to confirm with me about the accidently policy I re-confirmed if its free then they said its just Rs.999/- I said I do not require it but again they forced and I said OK.

3) I was shocked to see and receive TWO POLICIES then I immeidiately called them and confirmed to them I do not require this policy at alllllll...they said they have cancelled one and retain another but I called back to reconfirm it was not done then I called SBI and told to cancel SBI card...I yelled I screamed...the person who was listening to me just kept quiet and told me that CARD HAS BEEN CANCELLED and also the IINSURANCE POLICY and that I do not have to bother for anything.
As instructed by your SBI person I did it within a month.

AFTER ALL THESE...2009 onwards I start getting calls from SBI CREDIT CARD that I have to pay 6000...8000...10000...12000...it keeps on increasing every time you people call mE..

Please tell me now when I have got cancelled everything when I did not accept your card or when I have not used a singe pie from the card why is that still SBI people chasing me.

SBI Credit card team are giving me mental torture by eveRy time calling me to check abt the payment and I have shared the above stories with 100 SBI people 100 times and till now nobody is bothered to help me out and resolve the problem. I CANNOT DO THIS ANY MORE.

I require some body to get into this issue and resolve it...please do not ask me anything to pay because its been more than a year since I quit my job and I am jobless because of my baby...and the best part of SBI was it did not spare me even when I was pregnant and was advised to be on bed rest...I have really gone through hell even during my pregnancy because of such calls from SBI...when I dont have to pay anything why is that SBI is not leaving to live a peaceful life.

SUCH AN UNPROFESSIONAL ATTITUDE OF THE CUSTOMER CARE AND THE AGENTS HAVE RUINED MY LIFE.

I request to plssssssss plsssssssssss HELP ME from this..

Regards,
VEDA

Mar 16, 2015 1:10 am

We tried to establish contact with you at 11:38 AM but we were unable to do so. Request you to please share a suitable time to call to address your concern on priority.

2:32 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had a transaction issue where my amount was debited twice for same transaction. It got SBI an year to resolve the issue after which they credited the amount into my account. In the mean time i had closed the Card due to their service. Now i have complained them several times to send me my refunded amount as i had already closed the card. But they are not responding me. Attached is the account details of my SBI account.

G
1:48 am

State Bank of India [SBI] - delay in delivering the parcel

i have booked a consignment vide number H40611476 on 6/01/2015 at Jaggannapeta, Razole mandal, East godavari to be delivered at srikakulam.
Till today it was not delivered to the consignee. Hence, the very purpose of sending the parcel is defeated as the contents inside the parcel are expected to reach the consignee before pongal. yesterday and today i have contacted your people via tel no. 9502158212 8498035242 and 9533125316 where i could not get any response. i expect your immidiate response.
C R GIRI PATNAIK,
CHIEF MANAGER, SBI, JAGGANNAPETA, 9948999045

J
9:49 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

State Bank of India [SBI] - remittence of pension at lower ida rates for the month of july14

i am having a pension account with the sbi, city branch code03020 jodhpur.i am a retired bsnl employee.the ida is increased by 2.9 %wef 01-07-2014.my colleagues getting the pension through sbbj/pnb have received the pension with revised ida rates whereas i have recd. the pension for the month of july at the old ida rates.on contacting in person to the manager/asst.manager/concerned window clerk there is a common reply that we can not help you in this regard.on asking the contact persons name/contact phone number there is no response, saying the cases are dealt centrally by the delhi office.sbi claims to be a largest bank in India but pension at the revised ida rates is being delayed as compared with the other banks.i want that i should be paid balance amount without delay.

Aug 15, 2009 12:35 pm

sir,
my name is solmanraj iam having account in state bank of india, acnt no is [protected] in amalapuram, east godavari, andhrapradesh.on 10th august i have credited an amount of rs 40000 to my account, on that day sbi atms are not working i went to the indianbank atm and i have withdrawl rs 20000 from my account but it was showing another withdrawl of rs 20000 and it was debited .so i called to the customercare and they said that wait for 72 hours, but nothing is their up to now, i have given wriiten complaint and they said that it will take around 45 days, IT WAS THE MONEY, MUST BE PAID IN THE HOSIPATAL VAT I DO, plz take immediate action regarding these and credit my money into my account

thanking you sir,

yours` sincerly

mathi solmanraj

konkapalii,

A
12:53 pm

State Bank of India [SBI] - poor customer service

State bank of India, though a government owned bank, and the top bank of India doesn't care of what their needs are and do not even give the basic respect to the customer. The employees working feel that they are the GOD. Are they not being paid, why do they behave so harsh to the customers. I went to the loan head office in Chennai office to request for the next payment of loan. The person sitting there was playing with his mobile, and he doesn't even reply responsible to my questions. He says he has 60 files to complete and only then my turn will come. If there are 60 files to complete, the he should work during the working hours to clear those files, , not play with his mobile. The receptionist says, do not disturb the person, who is playing with mobile. Government official should be evaluated every year, and his pay should be based on the performance evaluation.

1:03 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

SUB: FD-A/C No.30509817104-Closing- Issue with SBI Kadugodi Branch (Branch Code : 5376) This is regarding the issue faced in SBI Kadugodi branch, while closing my subjected FD Account (Rs. 22, 84, 284.00).I requested Branch Manager to issue the banker cheque for the above said amount. When I went for collecting the cheque on 19th July 2014, I noticed that...

R

iii) E-mail on [email protected] on 03/04/2014 at 16:03 p.m
iv) E-mail on [email protected] on 03/04/2014 at 16:03 p.m
v) E-mail on [email protected] on 15/07/2014 at 14:33 p.m

Dear Sir/Madam,
With very sorry to inform you that after several approach failed from different authority to your organisation, I am applying to you.
Details of unsuccessful transaction furnished below:-
1) Date of Transaction: 01/01/2014
2) User ID of the Customer:
3) Name of the Service Provider: Airtel (Pre-paid GSM)
4) Amount: Rs. 333.00 (Rupees three hundred and thirty three only)
5) Mobile No Topped up: 9800713213
6) Transaction ID: 020284887126
7) Any other reference: Time of Recharge 12:52p.m
At first, I contacted to toll free no-1800 425 3800 but they did not register the complain and told that the money will be automatically reversed to my account within 7(seven) days.
In this context, I also add that I have submitted written application to the home branch on 03.02.2014 after resolution passed against- PT9992211029496 but no fruitful action has been taken.
I also informed the matter via e-mail to the following address:
a) [email protected]
b) [email protected]
c) [email protected]
I have also messaged “UNHAPPY” to 8008202020, but no one can solve my problem.
Please refund the debited amount as early as possible to my account-30545623830.
Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,
Sd/-
Rakesh Pramanik
[A/C No-30545623830]

9:34 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am a sbi customer at jogbani(dist araria) branch account no 31070885808. I had deposited 50000 twice dt 26.12.2011 and 17.2.2012 on behalf of my sbi life premium policy no 44001946007 but this amount never got deposited into my account due to fraud done by one of the bank official. I have the deposit slip signed and stamped by bank. I had submitted...

5:43 am

State Bank of India [SBI] - completely cheated

This is debarati paul, cheated and misleaded from sbi life insurance corporate agent mr. ashish banerjee [bonanza assurance advisors pvt ltd]

Please have this details to understand my situation-

In feb'14 month I received call from sbi life agent, they told me there was a offer for valentine day, the shubh nivesh plan would be like this - I need to pay monthly 30, 000 rs. for 5 years and after 5 year I will get 240, 000 rs. I have done the policy, given cheque of 30000 rs.in february end I have received a initial policy document which was full of wrong information. mr. ashish banerjee (concern executive) told me that I will receive currect policy document within 30 days.

Ashish bangerjee, who has done all fraud thing with me, I asked him that I was told it is 5 years policy, why it is mentioned 15 years policy plan in policy paper? he told me that is no issue in your statement there will be mention at 5th year also you can withdraw the amount. from that time I lost trust on sbi life, I asked mr. ashish banerjee how to cancel, he told me to wait till receive the corrected policy paper, then also I can cancel the contract and I will get 100% refund.

Since march'14 till today hell lot of follow up I was doing with mr. ashish banerjee. everytime the same answer I will receive my policy papers shorty. I asked him to provide higher authority number and policy details he avoided everytime.

Now mr ashish banerjee not even taking my calls. his number - 9836968558

Surely I will go for consumer court and lodge complain against sbi life.
I am feeling very much helpless and cheated by this company, want to cancel and refund my 30, 000 rs. immediately.

Please get me rid of this unacceptable harrasment and cheating during the past 5 months, and help me to get my money of 30000 rs.

Regards

Debarati paul

L
1:49 am

State Bank of India [SBI] - sbi credit card theft and misused

Hi,

This is to inform you of my stolen credit card and consequently take appropriate action.

My SBI credit card no. ending with 1985 has been stolen and has been misused yesterday. Around Rs. 24000 worth shopping has been done from V3S mall, Laxmi Nagar, New Delhi starting from 9:00 PM till 10:17 PM after which I blocked the card.
The person used tha name as "Ritika" to sign on the payment slips of shopping from merchant sites.

Kindly lodge the complaint of my card stolen.

My contact number is 9999727912 and my registered email id is [email protected]

Regards,
Laxmi Udaseen

7:28 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Transaction Date 19/12/2013 Transaction Type: Money Transferring through State Bank Collect Transaction Shown as "Unsuccessful" but money debited from my a/c and not credited to receiver's a/c. Complaint lodged on 20/12/2013 From 31/12/2013 and onward SBI prepaid CMS site showing Complaint Status as "Your Complaint has been routed to Branch:ATM SWITCH...

11:12 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Sir, I lost my atm... my account no.106605061951.. Name/number: bx-atmsbi Time: 2014-02-01 18:41:29 Content: thank you for using your sbi debit card 622xx7127 for withdrawing rs15000 from atm s10a002577001 at mankapur, mankapur with txn#2997. Name/number: bz-atmsbi Time: 2014-01-31 11:34:34 Content: thank you for using your sbi debit card 622xx7127 for...

K
8:36 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

CaseID=007-041-382 CaseID=006-941-223 On 12th Oct 2013, the disputed transaction happen on my card ending with XX0326. The way SBI cards has handled this issues is mentally harassing me, despite of informing the bank the moment transaction happen i.e when it is in under settlement, the bank is imposing liability of transaction me. I also contact merchant...

R
12:38 am

State Bank of India [SBI] - transaction failure

I went to order a product online from Tradus.com and when the process of payment transacting through State Bank of India suddenly web failed. After connecting I found SBI shows payment successful and after checking my account I found Rs.476/- debited dated 25/10/2013. But till dated 27/10/2013 I got nothing response from neither tradus.com not the payment gateway Pay U India. Reff. No - 50842971IGN2924962 Transfer to 32173669294 state bank of India. Earlier dated 26/10/2013 I complaint to SBI complaint Board but Till27/10/2013 I got no response. Pl. do something so that I can able to get back the amt. of Rs.476/- as early as possible.

8:25 am

State Bank of India [SBI] - non receipt of pin

Sir, I have a Saving Bank Account (Salary Account) at SBI, Kaluchak (Jammu) bearing Acct No 30243276366. I had applied for Platinum Credit Card and the same was received by me in Mar 13. My Primary Card No 4377 4865 2414 8903 and Additional Card No 4377 4865 2414 8911 in the name of Mr Sunil Kumar & Mrs Soniya Sunil . When I was applying for the card, my address was Capt Sunil Kumar VC, 41 Fd Regiment (KARGIL), c/o 56 APO, PIN- 925741. Recently I have been posted to a new location and my address is changed to Major Sunil Kumar VC, 41 Med Regiment (KARGIL), c/o 56 APO, PIN- 925741. You are requested to send my PIN to my new address at the earliest please.

Nov 09, 2013 8:17 am

my transfered money is not be able to withdrawn by me because this is not be seen in avail balance

State Bank of India [SBI] - wrongly charged

Wrongly charged

Respected sir/madam, I am from rajahmundry (a. p) east godavari dist., I have sb account no # 20128737553 in sbi (innespeta) branch branch code (1013)., on date 29-08-2013 rs.17.50 & rs. 21.02, charged and shown details as dr for petrol surcharge for date 20-08-2013, on that day I have not purchased any petrol by swaping my debit card., when I asked my home branch no body giving proper reply even I went at chief manager cabin he also not given any response., sir/madam plz I request to see my problem and do needful help., madhusudan heda35-2-12 kanchumarthi vari st., rajahmundry 533101 (a. p) mob 9346989080

Read full review of State Bank of India [SBI]

Good Morning, The Above Given Complaint Was Solved Succesfuly. I Really Thanks To The Team Of Complaints Board. Thanking You., Madhusudan Heda RAJAHMUNDRY (INDIA)

State Bank of India [SBI] - atm cum debit card not received

Atm not received

Respected sir/madam, I have sb a/c 20128737553 in sbi (innespeta) (1013) branch rajahmundry - 533 101 (a. p) from last many years., my old atm card was not working properly due to some problem in sbi debit card., on date 08-09-2013 I have blocked my card by calling customer care @ 1800112211 with ticket/docket no # 1309080003252420., on 11-09-2013 rs.204/- charged for new applied atm (gold chip card) by branch., upto today I have not received my new debit card by speed post., when I went to my branch no body giving any response including (cm) chief manager, he just told me to come on monday without seeing any details., they have some speed post no # eq569168622in dated 12-09-2013 as dispatch but no more details coming I also went to postal dept to see my atm card /speed post details with docket no # eq569168622in, but no consignment details found., plz sir I request to see my problems and do needful help., no body working properly even chief manager at state bank of india (1013) innespeta branch rajahmundry 533101 (a. p) east godavai dist.,

8:41 am
Replied
State Bank of India [SBI] has left an official reply on this complaint.

State Bank of India [SBI] - close my card

2nd Sector, HSR Layout,
Bangalore

Sub: - Closure of Credit Card No. 4377486564014544 and 4006676174862287

Sir/Madam,

I am hear by requesting you to close my above said card number accounts totally since I am not interested and not able to tolerate your persons repeated and timeless phone calls, hence I request send the detail closure report with total outstanding and the same will be cleared at single payment.

Thanking You,