State Bank Of India / poor service!

My name is Aparna Goyal and I am a resident of Baghpat (U.P.). I have a joint account with my brother in Baghpat branch of SBI. I applied for ATM card to the bank and got the same but with misspelled name. I want to get the name spelled correctly but can find no ways to do that. People at the bank suggest me to work with same or open a new account. I did not find it convincing and tried to gain more information from the toll free number of SBI helpline, but neither that responded.

I request the authorities to look in the matter as soon as possible. I would provide any information required from my part for the appropriate action.

N  31st of Aug, 2007 by
I am trying to reach the Bank where I had an account while I was in India as I want to deposit some money. If I happen to call the customer service ,no one picks up and if they do then they just keep on passing line from one person to another saying that for Saving call this line for loan this line and... If one calls the lines they mention no one ever picks up the phone...

While Globalization is in its full swing and competition is the key if we still have such banks working the way banking should had been in Stone Age, I think our government need to think once again...
N  2nd of Oct, 2007 by
I had applied for opening new account 1month before, but still my a/c is not opened, therefor i furnished all documents, i don't know what is reason to delay..........
A  26th of Nov, 2007 by
After reading the complaint of Aparna Goyal of Baghpet, I was enthused to write about my frustration with S.B.I. Vasant Vihar, New Delhi Branch.

I was living in Vasant Vihar and in Mumbai but later became an NRI (resident in USA). I have continued my Savings and PPF accounts with this Branch of SBI, since the last many years.

I am a Central Govt. pensioner. This pension is also disbursed by this very Branch on behalf of the Central Govt. The amount of my pension is credited by them to my Savings a/c with that Branch, every month. The amount of monthly pension quite often varies due to increase by Govt. of the dearness allowance etc.

The Bank has never ever informed me of the amount of monthly pension credited to my account. I do not therefore know the exact amount of pension and interest that was credited to my Savings Account. I have to file Income Tax Return based on the amount of pension received during a financial year; and also interest earned on my Savings a/c during that year.

Earlier, whenever I visited India, I used to personally collect these certificates. I am now 84 years old, my visits to India, besides being expensive, are also not physically possible, due to my age and ill health.

The last date for filing the Income Tax Return for the year 2006-07 is already over. I have been sending email after email to the Chief Manager of Vasant Vihar Branch of State Bank of India to send to me by post, their Certificate stating the amount of pension that was credited by them to my Savings a/c during 2006-07 and another Certificate of the amount of interest that was credited on the balances in my savings account during 2006-07. There is no response despite several reminders.

Could you or anybody else please help me.
A  10th of Feb, 2009 by
Respected sir,
I am Harish Kumar. I have account in state bank of india in Najafgarh, New Delhi branch.I am totally dis-satisfied with the service provide by najafgarh branch.They (staff members) use abusive language with the consumers.Even before lunch time viz is scheduled at 2.00 pm to 2.30 pm here they go for lunch at 1 pm only.When i told them to do their duty properly they shout at me and tear off my letter(for the NTPC JOB APPLICATION).When i went to complaint for this to the manager the manager was not there he might be not in the office and after then when i reached the deputy-manager R k duhdwal for complaint book he refused to give me the complaint book and used abusive language against me and they(PS MEHRA-ONE OF THE EMPLOYEE AND DUDHWAL) said TUJHE JO UKAHDNA HAI HUMARA UKAHDE LE HUM TERA KAAM NAHI KARENGE OR NA HE COMPLAINT BOOK DENGE.
Sir now it is up to you for your bank reputation.
Harish Kumar
Responsible citizen of India
N  15th of Sep, 2009 by
I am regular customer of SBI branch Baihar District Balaghat (M.P.) my Name is A.K.Nikoshe. I am an engineer in Baihar. My account no. is 11553434663. I apply for ATM during Sixth month ago. But I have got no responce in it.Please compile it.Thanks.

Er. Anand .A.Nikoshe