StarHub / failure to rectify activation of sim card

1 Singapore Review updated:

I visited Tampines Mall Starhub Customer Service Centre Today at 11:45am on 21 nov' 10 to collect my new SIM card after reporting the lost of phone. A chinese girl with pony tail attended to me, she gave me a new SIM card and told me that my SIM card will be activated within 6 hrs.

To my surprise, after 6 hour my SIM card has not been activated. Immediately, I called the call centre and was attended by a lady. She responded this, "IN PROCESSING" and assured me that by 7pm it should be activated. So i checked my phone at 8.30pm and, my sim card has not been activate AGAIN! I called the call centre again and was attended by a male staff who told me that the current new sim card serial number is not found in the system!!! He verbally re-confirmed with me a new serial number and instructed that i have to wait for ANOTHER 2 hour for the activation.

UNTIL NOW, 4:00pm, my sim card is not activated.

This is atrocious and horrifying! I do not have any telecommunication service for the past 28 hours! I am disappointed with your service efficiency and effectiveness! Starhub should do a follow up over the phone to ensure customer sim card has been activated OR to update the client the progress of the activation if it should take longer than expected! This has caused a great inconvenience to me! All Starhub customer expect professionalism from Starhub Service but from this incident, i realize Starhub service is inefficient and unreliable. Whether is this a human or system error, THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ALL! Even after so many hours of waiting, Starhub failed to rectify my problem!

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Re
      24th of Apr, 2013

Can I suggest that people facing problems with star hub services to lodge a complaint via email to Infocom/IDA and MICA Singapore. They will help you to investigate and settle the issues. Upon investigation from the above gov. Authorities, star hub will take actions to resolve whatever problems that you are . The mentioned gov bodies have the authority to handle and investigate.

I have very bad experiences with star hub just like the people complaining here. With their broadband and especially hp department. After some time, I got very frustrated and desperate. I decided to write to Infocom/IDA sg. Star hub render their assistance to me then.

I hope the people here will seek help from proper channel for their grievances and etc...
    In my personal circumstances/ experiences. It is the only hope to resolve problems with star hub else they will just ignore you, keep transferring you to don't know who or give endless excuses etc... Which is a total waste of our personal resources, not forgetting that we are paying our bills to them. We are consumers, we must bring our grievances to proper channels if we are ignored or not treated right.

We need to bring our issues to IDA/Infocom, the gov authorities. They seems to be our only hope when it comes to star hub.

I hope that my advice helps.

• Va
      11th of Apr, 2013

I'm Valluvan A/L a.Subramaniam G7281522Q. 82530515 my mobilr prepaid number. Recently i got problem cant call to local, overseas & cant answer local & overseas.As i know i try switch off for 36 hours but still the same. I need immediate action ? Thanks