Staples - Canada / extended warrantees at staples are worthless
Staples in Canada, Kingston ON to be exact.
The extended warrantees at Staples are worthless. I purchased an Acer laptop there about a year and a half ago (buying an Acer was my first mistake). Within the year, the screen went. It was sent back to the manufacturer and repaired. A month ago, while it was on the extended warrantee, the screen went again. I was told by the Staples Warrantee department that they would need my computer for at least two weeks. I told them that I used my computer in my business and could not do without it for that length of time. They offered no help. They would not provide me with a loaner.
I ordered a Dell laptop. Once it was received and set up, I took my Acer to Staples. After a week, they called to inform me that it would cost more to repair than the current market value of the machine. They offered me $554 in store credits and they will keep the computer. As all I need is a monitor, I have turned them down and they will send it back. Pathetic.
An important note that Staples never mentions is that the warrantee is refundable. If you take it in, they will give you the pro-rated amount. I would suggest that anyone with an extended warrantee do this as soon as possible.
More Staples - Canada Complaints & Reviews
- Staples - staples sucks! 
- Staples - easytech fraud 
- Staples, Inc - service for screen on my iphone 6 plus
- Staples/staplesrewardssignstaples.com - failure to credit my purchases to my awards a/c 
- Staples - awful company to work for 
- Staples - gives misleading delivery dates
- Staples on 2nd Avenue New York - unethical behavior at staples
- Staples - i-phone charging cords - 10 ft
- Staples - price on paper shredder
- Staples - rude manager on duty (customer complaint)