Sst Card Services / Scam and cheating!

I explained to the customer service that I paid the payment via electronic transfer and that my bank showed it was paid on time. However, when i received my next months statement i noticed that the finance charge had double. At that time I called the customer service and they were very nasty and unhelpful so i closed the account. I also spoke to a supervisor Jamie collector4114 which was also unhelpful the following month. My APR is 31.58%. I was my first time ever with a late payment since I have credit cards and what they are doing is bad for business.

Comments

Ka
  17th of Sep, 2007
SST Card Services - Fraud and cheating!

My WaMu card was sold to SST Card Services. I was never late and never had a problem. I received a notice that my card had been sold and I never received anything about this except for the bill. I paid on this for about 6 months and then suddenly a late fee shows up. I mail my bills same time every month and then all of a sudden, it takes 10 days for them to get a payment. I was told by the customer service after 4 times of trying to reach them. I kept getting "cut off" that they will not reverse these charges for any reason and that I can not depend on the mail. Even though I have my whole life and have never had a problem until now. They were very rude and now I am stuck with a $39.99 charge that is a lie and a bad mark on my credit. These people are horrible, horrible people. Do not do business with them or WaMu who thinks it is profitable to make a small amount of money selling good accounts to bad people.

Ch
  29th of Nov, 2007

I too was scammed by SST - never ever been late, in fact made two payments couple months ago, one over $1000, to pay the higher portion interest, and the reg payment $110 to the rest. I asked they apply this way, and they did not, didn't read the note, I called because they didn't apply the way I wanted, said cannot do, I said 2nd payment then for the next month. Then after a month they charge me 39 late fee, I called, said paid two payment, never been late, they reverse the late fee - BUT at the same time increase my apr to over 30% - I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT, I thought they made a mistake I would call, and they would not change it - I have since transferred my balance to another card with low 4.99 till bal paid off and told SST where to go. Do not ever get involved with SST - they are a big rip off!

La
  24th of Dec, 2007

I also feel that a scam is going on with Card Services. Over the past 3 months I have been paying online to two different accounts which are processed through card services, and in both cases my payments were NOT received or processed! Upon speaking with my bank with whom I processed the payments online, they have confirmed that the payments were made electronically and have faxed this information to the "Research Department". One representative told me that it would take 7-10 days to investigate this and another told me it could take as long as 30-60 days. At that point I asked for a supervisor who told me that it could take as long as 30 days to try to find out more information, and that there was not a way to find out of the information sent via fax by myself AND my bank had even made it to the "Research Dept." Another thing that I noticed is that the mailing addresses to which the payment need to be mailed can change from month to month! What is with that! Are they changing PO Boxes and in some cases even the city in which it is to be mailed so they can say that they didn't get the payment and charge late fees?! In the mean time the money is not in my checking account and the money is in limbo!!!! I think it's time to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's office to find out why they can get away with this. Heaven forbid that we have a change of address each month and then complain that we didn't get the bill and thus didn't pay it at all!

Su
  26th of Mar, 2008

Please add my name to the list of people being ripped off by SST. They can't or won't tell me where charges came from after I closed my Providian account, but they expect me to pay them for the privilege of damaging my credit report.

Mi
  15th of Apr, 2009

They are liars!!! The one thing that makes me the most upset is giving them a payment over the phone and being told that it would bring my account up to date but the very next month they sent me a statement with late fees and charges again. I wonder if they took my 120.00 payment and spent it themselves. They constantly harass me by phone but I have changed phone numbers now so they don't have it. I do not intend to ever pay them for their fees and late charges . I now see that I am not the only person they have done this to. All I have to say to them is GOOD LUCK collecting all the money they keep charging people. Hell will freeze over before they collect it!!!

Je
  25th of Apr, 2016

never can reach representative by phone; when HE called me said it takes ten days to receive payment by mail, that's crap. Received my pmt today the 25th, it is due 13 so that means to mail it b y the 3 which is 8 days notice. I thought this was against the law. My husband asked they quit calling his phone they said it is auto dialed 4 times a day when past due. Now is this not harrassment. This is definitelly not a customer caring company. Been trying to call for one hour to find a way to talk to a human to set up on monthly debit, to be told by an automated attendant they will mail me an application. Definitely out for consumers late payment fee anyway they can get it.