SriLankan Airlines / Error made on Issuing Ticket

1 London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

SriLankan Airlines Call Center, did a date change for me. I had made the necessary payments, and they confirmed my booking was guaranteed, but when I got to the Airport (Heathrow) they hadn't issued my ticket. When they realised the mistake and tried to issue the ticket, ground staff informed that the flight was over booked.

I have incurred substantial extra costs traveling from very far, finding accomodation and food, parking etc, as I have not been offered any compensation whatsoever. After staying up most of the night now I have a flight for the following day. Very poor & inefficient service.

During other times that I have traveled on Sri Lankan Airlines, the service on board is very bad and have poorly trained staff. Not to mention the ancient fleet of old planes that often do have working inflight entertainment.

Re
Jan 22, 2015

Comments

• Su
      1st of Dec, 2012
    srilankan airlines - filthy rooms for transit passengers
    sulaksh
    India

I was transit passenger going to china the srilankan airways gave me a real filthy room photo attached

• Fl
      9th of Jun, 2018

There is inssufficient data in complaint.
    It is addressedd to noone.
    Such complaints can not be handles and the author can expect no effective action in his/her favor.

In order to submit a legal claim on your behalf for the compensation, kindly send
    1) e-ticket
    e-mail: aryan(at)vivaldi.net
    air.irregulations(at)asia.com, @=(at)

Charges:
    1) USD35 against invoice before the complaint, by card
    2) 15+%, but not less than USD50, depending upon the length, after the compensation is issued,
    if not later than in 2 years
    3) charges of the bank
    You can expect higher compensation legally.

Regards,
    manager for ICAO/IATA irregulation matters
    e-mail: aryan(at)vivaldi.net
    air.irregulations(at)asia.com,
    kindly substitute anti spam @=(at) .