Sprint / Nextel / deceptive business practices
I filed the cancellation on the account on June22 of 2006. Instead of $200.00 cancellation fee I kept receiving monthly charges.
I and my son whose name is on the account, tried calling in July, August to confirm the cancellation, then in September, then on 10/17/06.
The plan expires on 11/28/06.
When I tried to clear the situation with Customer Service I had to explain situation to four(4) different people and spent 1 hour of my time ($50.00hr).
After five months(services not used) of unsuccessful attempts Nextel suggesting to pay $200.00 when the plan expires in one month, plus five months of not used plan services.
Nextel customer service trying to justify this as "No request to cancel on record" when in reality every one of the times I called, they would convince me that the request is being processed.
This is by far one of the most unsatisfying experiences. My family will never be Nextel customer again and definitely would not recommend the services to any one we know.
I truly believe that Nextel deliberately postponed the cancellation of the account charging monthly fee up to a last month of plan expiration and charge the fee on the last month of 2 year plan.
I feel that NEXTEL is guilty of deceptive business practices.
I also believe they are in violation of the CTIA Consumer Code for Wireless Services of which they are a signatory to.
More Sprint / Nextel Complaints & Reviews
- Sprint PCS - unauthorized charges out of bank account! 
- Sprint - additional fee 
- Sprint / Rpm Collection Agency / Long Distance - unauthorized long-distance service 
- Sprint - charging sales tax on early termination fee 
- Sprint Mccall Communications - not their probem because of policy 
- Sprint - sprint would not honor the promotional offer on my new phone 
- Sprint Customer Care/Service and Accessories - lg wireless headset
- Sprint - billing issues 
- Sprint - my bill and customer service
- Sprint - worst company ever!!!