Sprint / Nextel / deceptive business practices

I filed the cancellation on the account on June22 of 2006. Instead of $200.00 cancellation fee I kept receiving monthly charges.
I and my son whose name is on the account, tried calling in July, August to confirm the cancellation, then in September, then on 10/17/06.
The plan expires on 11/28/06.
When I tried to clear the situation with Customer Service I had to explain situation to four(4) different people and spent 1 hour of my time ($50.00hr).
After five months(services not used) of unsuccessful attempts Nextel suggesting to pay $200.00 when the plan expires in one month, plus five months of not used plan services.
Nextel customer service trying to justify this as "No request to cancel on record" when in reality every one of the times I called, they would convince me that the request is being processed.

This is by far one of the most unsatisfying experiences. My family will never be Nextel customer again and definitely would not recommend the services to any one we know.
I truly believe that Nextel deliberately postponed the cancellation of the account charging monthly fee up to a last month of plan expiration and charge the fee on the last month of 2 year plan.

I feel that NEXTEL is guilty of deceptive business practices.
I also believe they are in violation of the CTIA Consumer Code for Wireless Services of which they are a signatory to.

Sincerely,
Lily

Comments

• Va
      27th of Dec, 2006

Not to even begin with the dropped calls or c4 errors. They have the most pathetic customer service dept I have ever encountered. They gave me the run around for hours just trying to figure out if it was a Nextel or Sprint issue, When I kept bring up the fact that their slogan states TOGETHER WITH I would get transfered to no man's land and be required to call back. The FCC or whoever regulates theses idiots should et involved.

• Do
      5th of Mar, 2008

I emailed the customer service and wanted to check out my contract satisfaction date. I have in writing it was 08/27/07 from them. We cancelled in December, 2007, they sent me a bill in Jan, 08 showing an early termination fee of $200. I called the customer service line, they said they were sorry, they had me on the line for approx 45 minutes and said they were crediting my account, the rep even had his supervisor come and approve it, he told me the next statement I will receive will reflect a zero balance. Nope, it didn't happen. I am still getting statements. They even emailed where they sent me to a collection agency. I have written letters, provided a copy of the email, called customer service they gave me a tracking number and said they would get back to me... they didn't get back with me. I did receive a letter back stating my contract end date was now May of 2008. I wrote another letter with a copy of the email showing I was told August 2007, I have heard nothing from them, just another monthly statement.

• Wi
      1st of Apr, 2008

I have been going through the same exact thing you all have been going through. Sprint is trying to still charge me on an account that has been closed since 11-8-06. I even paid the $200 early term fee (it was terminated early, so I paid it) and they are still trying to extort money from me. I finally got my attorney involved. His name is Alan Angelo and his # is 609 572-7532. I am ready to file siut against them. Anyone want to join me?