Sprint / terrible customer service

1 Denver, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18778881028

My account was due for renewal on may 23, 2008. My phone was to be disconnected at midnight on may 23 (Going into may 24) , but instead they disconnected it at midnight may 22. When I went to my new wireless company and tried to transfer the numbers, she could not do it because the phones had been deactivated. She told me that sprint was the most notorious company for doing this to customers. I tried to report to the psc; however, they do not regulate cell phones. Nonetheless, I got my phone reactivated and the numbers changed.In june I got a bill for over $600. This was, according to sprint, the early disconnect fees on the account for 3 phones. I spoke to them and let them know that they disconnected early, not me and that they needed to take care of that bill. The person said that they could see that and my account was now at a zero balance.In july (While on vacation) two notices from sprint came to my house; the first a bill for over $200 and the second a notice of impending collection agency action. I called again on july 8 and spoke to them about this. The person I spoke to that day told me that one of the phone contracts actually did not terminate until may 2010 (Hello, contracts are only good for two years so how did that happen?). I let her know that in fact all of the contracts were up for renewal in 2008, but were canceled; I was also told in may that my account was at zero and no further charges would be incurred. She assured me on july 8 that I was again at a zero balance and sorry for the inconvenience. On july 12, I receive another "impending collections notice" dated july 9 for $72.70. I call on july 13, speak to four different people, receive a wrong number for corporate office, and they still say I owe $5.40 for direct protect insurance from april. I called four times today before I finally got to speak to a lead supervisor who now says my account is zeroed and closed. I guess I will find out if that is truly the case in the next couple of days.

Comments

• Lu
      22nd of Feb, 2009

My opinion, spirit makes up their own rules as they see fit.

Everyone, be careful.

I am trying to cancel my service with them. My contact is finished. They won't cancel my service in the middle of THEIR billing cylce. So, I have to pay another month of service I don't want. To make matters worse they are billing in advance. They were rude about it too!!

• Ir
      7th of Oct, 2010

Date of Purchase: 9/28/10 at 4:15 PM central time. I purchased an HTC Evo from the third party and before i made the purchase, i called sprint customer service to verify the phone ESN and standing of the customer whom i purchased it from. At that point, everything was good and phone was ready to transfer to my account, but i didnt have third line to call from to make the transfer. So, i called when i got home and they told me that phone can't be transfer to my account because customer account is in default for nonpayment. Also, they can't do anything to help me with this situation and were just keep transferring me to different reps. They also lost the note from the reps that i talked before i purchase the phone and mention that no records are available about that phone call. During this call, i was on hold for 45 min with no answer. I called back on 9/29/10 at 1:00 Pm about this issue and same thing talked to about 5-6 reps still no resolution about the situation. I called the seller and he is not willing to pay his bill or refund my money. My concerns is if i made sure everything was in good standing before the purchase, then how the problem of customer default came into light in matter of hours. Also, how come sprint doesn't want to help the customer who pays his bill on time and never had any issues.

• Mr
      10th of Nov, 2013

This is the worse company ever!! They are so full of ###, they say that the computer shuts your phone off knowing damn well it's their rude black ###!! by the way I am not racist, I am black ### hell without the attitude..