Sprint / customer service representatives are incompetent

I can give several examples of Sprint customer service representatives incompetence, but the most recent has to do with cancelling(hooray) my service with Sprint. I have known each time I have had to call Sprint with a service related issue that I was going to cancel my account when my contract was up (due to both faulty service and horrible customer service), but I have also known my contract ends in the middle of my billing cycle (because of an error by a Sprint customer service representative in setting up my account) so I have asked repeatedly how this would be handled if/when I was ready to cancel the service and I was repeatedly told I could cancel at any time and the last month of service would be prorated and the difference credited. I was even told this after I cancelled my service, I simply needed to wait until the last statement on the account printed. Only when I called a month after my last statement should have arrived did I after being on the phone for an hour, speaking to three different people, getting put on hold, getting hung up on did I get a representative who told me something different; that when cancelling my contract in the middle of a billing cycle the terms and agreement state no prorating would be done and no credit would be given for the days of service I paid for but did not receive and that nothing could/ would be done to correct this. I suggested perhaps she should read this to her fellow co workers who couldn't seem to come up with the correct answer. Once again big company wins and little consumer suffers. Well with the price of gas I guess I only lost half a tank.

Va

Comments

• Ca
      2nd of Jan, 2010

a rep. in your Beaufort, s.c. store--told me via phone that they could check my i850 phone, to see if it would send and receive even tho i don't have a contract. I drove 100 miles [round trip] for this service., which then they said it couldn't be done. I purchased it IN a contruction co. bankruptcy auction box containing several items, assumed it was defective and stored it, and forgot it. just after I purchased a new phone with verison, I came across this i850 which seems to work ok, but i don' have service. they say i can't even purchase a prepaid card to see if it will work. DO THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING DOWN THERE??

• It
      20th of May, 2010

Thanks for taking the time to post this. You saved me a lot of money because I was thinking of going back to sprint after a 6 year hiatus (I canceled Sprint in 2004 because of the way they treated me, which was badly).