Spirit Airlines / cancellation of air line ticket!

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

I am extremely dissatisfied in the way Spirit airlines dealt with me as a customer who was stuck in another airport in another city. As far as I can see their philosophy & mission is to make money, not to provide caring /adequate customer service. I called Spirit airlines when I thought that it might be a possiblity that I wont make the flight to florida. I spent friday night March 14, 2008 in the airport due to the system being down and unfortunately the passengers were placed on standby to florida from houston. My flight on Spirit airlines was on Saturday March 15, 2008 1:30pm. I called them the morning of the 15th and explained the situation and I was told there would be a $80.00 fee to change the ticket. However, I still had hopes to make it on time. When I couldn't get on the 10.15 am flight I called and I was told it is too late and that I had forfeited my ticket. What a rip off and injustice. It is obvious they don't care about the customers. I missed my mother's 70 th birthday party. They can't give me back one of the most important day in my mothers life. I now know what a horrible airlines Spirit is and hopefully they will go under with the continued customer complaints. They are forgetting that people make their business. I have seen better company go out of business and they are not exempt.

Op

Comments

• Ca
      27th of May, 2008

They along with travelocity are terrible. And no one ever answers at their customer service line! EVER. I tried for hours on end. They SUCK.