Spirit Airlines / poor customer service!
We are very fortunate Atlanta has such a wonderful airport! I've flown into and out of there for years primarily on business trips and until yesterday have never had any problems. Spirit Airlines has to be the absolute worst operated airline out there. They offer practically no customer service and I don't think they should be allowed to operate if this is the best they can do. After my daughter & about half a dozen others who were on her flight from FT. Lauderdale & Orlando had luggage lost we all saw the most uncaring employees we could have encountered. We completed Luggage Claim forms and were told the check back at [protected], or we would hear from them within 24 hours. I started calling that number last night, and have called it all morning. leaving several messages on the answering machine that picks up every call I made I still have not received a return call from them. Finally I had the brainstorm to call Hartsfield Airport customer service and was fortunate enough to be able to find someone who cared enough to look for the luggage and guess what? It's there! But, they told me that they don't know what is going on with Spirit Airlines, they have 25-30 consumers per day who have lost luggage upon arrival in ATL. And, they also told me they answer many, many calls for complaints from people who have the same problem as I did not being able to reach anyone who works for Spirit, and encountering very unhelpful employees at the airport.
I don't believe a company who operates in this manner should be allowed to operate! We consumers deserve better than this. To top it all off Spirit charges $10 for each bag you check in, which we weren't notified of until after we had purchased a flight ticket from them.
More Spirit Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Spirit Airlines - lost luggage 
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized credit card charge 
- Spirit Air - $9 fare club 
- Spirit Airlines - double billing my credit card 
- Spirit Airlines - bogus bait & switch practices! 
- Spirit Airlines - 2 return flights canceled and not covering our lost flight charges
- Spirit Airlines - customer service
- Spirit Airlines - flight nk 528 29oct18 from fort lauderdale to newark depart 08:55pm
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized credit card charge
- Spirit Airlines - no room at seat and extra cost for seat assignment