Spirit Airline / no name change on ticket!

1 Po Box 966Saltillo, MS, United States Review updated:
Phone: 662-869-1826

I purchased 16 tickets on line from Spirit on my credit card for a group going on a medical mission trip to Nicaragua. Because the web site only allows to buy 9 at a time I made 3 different purchases (some were needed for another date). I made a mistake and repeated one of the couples names. (Sam and Ruthie Shaw) The name should have been Charles and Martha Warren. I knew I made the mistake as soon as I pushed enter but there was no way on the sight to go back or verify. I called the number on the sight and 3 hours after waiting on hold I got to talk with someone in the Philippines. They said they could not change the name.They could cancel and give me a voucher but it cost 70.00 each. I was very upset because we had purchased all those tickets and they could not help me with this. I could understand that you can't change the name after so many weeks or close to the flight but I called immediately. It seems someone needs a little common sense there. I guess I will call back and loose my 140.00 since that is my only choice but I doubt I will ever use your airline again.

Thanks, Debra Baxter.

Comments

• Mi
      2nd of Jan, 2009

I had a very similar experience and am outraged at the lack of customer service.