Spirit Air / $9 fare club
I emailed this to 100 people in my address book and sent a copy of it to Spirit Air as well.
I'm sending this to warn you about this airline. In Feb I signed up for their free 3-month trial in the $9 Fare club. I have their welcome E-mail dated Feb 5th, 08. A 3 month trial would have expired on May 8th, 08. I cancelled the membership before the trial period expired. Spirit sent no confirmation email. I thought everything was fine.
On July 2, 08, two months later, Spirit charged my credit card the $39.95 membership fee. On July 10 I discovered the charge, immediately went to Spirit Air and cancelled it again. I filed a dispute with my credit card company who reinstated the charge, I'm assuming because they could not reach anyone at Spirit Air. Instead I get a letter from the credit card company stating the terms of agreement for Spirit Air's $9 Fare Club. I already knew that!
I contacted Spirit Air via online email submissionto (firstname.lastname@example.org). After several messages back and forth they refuse to acknowledge that I had cancelled before my trial membership had ended. Therefore, according to their terms, I am not entitled to a refund. I also sent a second letter of dispute to my credit card company who has not done anything about it either.
Well, if you can't believe a big airline company couldn't be so underhanded and sneaky about ripping people off take a look at the Florida Better Business Bureau! The highest rating assigned to a company is A+; the lowest is F.
Spirit Air has an "F" rating!!! You can check it out here if you want to:
Who would have believed that a company like this would have an "F" rating from the Better Business Bureau!!!
It's only $40 thank goodness. I'm glad I didn't get taken for more. This company had no problem ripping me off, I have no problem letting
everyone I know how they operate. Please pass this to everyone you know.
More Spirit Air Complaints & Reviews
- Spirit Airlines - lost luggage 
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized credit card charge 
- Spirit Airlines - double billing my credit card 
- Spirit Airlines - bogus bait & switch practices! 
- Spirit Airlines - complete disrespect to traveling professional with choices 
- Spirit Airlines - customer service
- Spirit Airlines - flight nk 528 29oct18 from fort lauderdale to newark depart 08:55pm
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized credit card charge
- Spirit Airlines - no room at seat and extra cost for seat assignment
- Spirit Airlines - staff n flight missed