Spiegel / unauthorized charges

Phone: 1 800 222 5680

I have repeatedly requested that spiegel stop charging me for a "privilege pass," a $14.95 amount charged against my account each month even after paying off the bill. I asked via email at customer service in february, over the phone with customer service in march, on every bill until april, via email again and again.

I have been harassed by collections insisting that I owe three months of this plus late charge. I have refused to pay. Now my very good credit report is being ruined.

Please help.
Dr. Deirdre pettipiece

Comments

• Ra
      7th of Sep, 2009

I can't believe how many complaints I come across for this company! I just got finished typing my own, and now I find this one. Had I seen all this before hand, I would never had ordered from them.

• Ek
      21st of Sep, 2010

There is a toll free number for Privilege Pass on your credit card statement. If Privilege Pass is charging you why are you continuing to call Spiegel? They're not the same company!

• Cb
      5th of Apr, 2011

I'm sorry. I just sent Spiegel a check for a purchase I did not even make to keep them from sending me to collections. Unbelievable.

• Re
      6th of Jul, 2011

I returned items to spiegel for a refund. I called to check the status of my refund and was told it takes two billing cycles for the refund. Two and a half billing cycles I still have no refund. I call and am on hold for more than ten minutes with blaring loud music and advertisements. Finally the call is answered and I'm told the COMPANY IS IN BANKRUPTCY! Meanwhile, they are still selling their low quality merchandise to unsuspecting consumers. This company needs to be SHUT DOWN!