Newport Newsfalse advertising

E

Their website says that refunds are "promptly" given "within 15 days". 25 days after I promptly returned my merchandise, the company has NOT released my refund, and they tell me blithely, "we can't touch it." Nor is anyone in their call center quite clear on exactly when the refunds are given; at first I was told, 4 days. Then 7. Then 15. Then "at least 4 days." And today, "at LEAST 60 days." THIS IS NOT PROMPT. And when you point this out to the call center reps, they say, "Well the website is incorrect, MA'AM, " as a response to the question, "Why don't you honor your return policy as stated on your website?" Further, they don't care and can't help you--and supervisors and managers evidently have the power of invisibility, since they will tell you, "we can't find any." Nope. They've got my money AND their shoddily made dress, and I can't have EITHER of them back. So, I filed a complaint with the BBB. This is a headache, and I will check the companies out before I buy online again.

• Fr
    frustrated customer Oct 09, 2008

Horrible customer service and return process
    I had extremely bad experience, returned dresses more than month ago (with confirmation that they received it) didn't get refund (till now) refund not correct, instead of sum that they should refunded (dresses+tax- return label per THEIR web policy ) I got app 10+ dollars less. Whole return process is time consuming, they HOLD your item AND your money one month after they RECEIVE your items back, and then when they refund they don’t even state a sum! I needed to ask for it, and noticed that they refunded LESS than per their on-line legally binding policy. Still struggling to get my refund (took me at least 10 mails and over a month to get refund, even now not correct). Do avoid Newport-News, just problems with refund and return. I requested to be removed from their catalogue and e-mail lists. Never again I will give them my business.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices