Southwest Airlines / refund money credit from last year

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I'd purchased a Southwest Airlines ticket on 3/10/2009 for $126.80 confirmation # JB27JW parts of the payment I used to pay for this ticket were: 1) a refund credit from confirmation# J4F677 for $63.00 2) a refund credit from confirmation # 225HYJ for $28.70 these two refund credits would be expired on 7/3/2009 if I don't use them 3) I also paid with my credit card for $35.10 for the totals of $126.80
On 5/22/2009 I called and cancelled the ticket since I couln't make the trip, I used $30 credit from $126.80 refund credit to pay for part of my niece's travel, so I still have $96.80 credit in my account, this amount would also be expired on 7/3/2009. I called Southwest Airlines the 1-800 number again around June the 20th, 2009 and asked if I could extend the $96.80 credit that would expired in July and were told by Southwest Airlines ticket representative that I would have a year from July 7/3/2009 to extend and I will need to pay $50 for extending the expired ticket, as always I believed what the representative told me as I
know in the past their policy for extending credit is always within a year and I've done this before so I wasn't worry. Last night I called the 1 -800 Southwest number to extend the credit since I will need another trip in April and can use the left over credit, after being on held for 30' the representative told me to call the Customer relation corporate number instead to extend my credit. I called the Customer relation [protected] this morning and was waited for almost one hour to get someone on the line.
This guy named Stewart told me all my credits were expired in July 09 and I had 6 months from the expired date to extend since this is Feb 11 all my credits were lost. I told him that not what I was told, I was told by Southwest ticket representative that I have a year from the expired date to extend, no matter what I'v tried to explain to him, he was rude and arrogant, he kept trying to hang up on me he told me that I was misinformed by Southwest representative and the case is closed he won't give me any credit back. I asked him I need to talk to a supervisor to get to the bottom of this matter since I didn't know they change the rule from a year credit extending to 6 months and didn't even notify me
even the Southwest 1-800 number people told me it's a year. He refused to transfer me to a supervisor, he said he is a supervisor and can't help me. I told him I'll report this incident to Channel 7 he said and I quoted " Go ahead and report to Channel 7, say hi to them for me"
THIS GUY IS A JERK!!! he shouldn't be representing Southwest Airlines at all, what kind a customer relation is this?

Comments

• Ai
      11th of Feb, 2010

I can't believe you're spending all this time and energy for less than $50 (after you pay the $50 to extend your credit). Time to move on with your life...

11th of Feb, 2010

If it was $10 I still fight. It's the PRINCIPAL!

• Fr
      19th of Apr, 2011

I had a similar thing happen, and I agree that it's the principal. Also, Southwest has really gone downhill. I used to fly them as much as possible, and now I fly them as little as possible. Just not worth the headache, and now their planes are falling apart too!
    Maggie, of course the "airline customer care manager" is going to say that, since he/she doesn't actually care about your care, but rather how to maximize profits without losing business or getting sued.