Southern Railways / About train compartments

1 India Review updated:

I traveled in 3rd AC coach with my son who is only 3 yrs old from Nagercoil to Chennai in train no. 0612 Chennai Express (date - 11/11/2007). The 3rd AC coach was full of cockroaches and when the passengers enquired the TTE about this, there was no proper response. Most of the passengers spent a sleepless night that day owing to this problem. Moreover, the PEST TREATMENT was done only on 28/07/07 by a Madurai based Company called "PEST CONTROL INDIA (P) LTD", Tallakulam. When the pest treatment was done only on July of 2007, how could we find so much of cockroaches in November?? This shows that the PEST CONTROL company has not done any pest treatment and, god only knows, whoever has got the money that has been allotted for this treatment!?!

An

Comments

• Na
      17th of Jan, 2008

I traveled from Vishakapatnam to Chenni on 16th & 17th Jan by Madras Mail, train number 2819 in Second AC. My PNR nymber is 640-867803. I forgot the one bag under berth 37 and the coatch was passed for cleaning. I went back to my residence and tryed to call and complain about my missing lagguage. Since I travelled on 2'nd AC there is no chances of steeling that lagguage by some one. I came back to the railway station at 12:00 PM and enquired about the missing bag. SM asked to contact station inspector. Station inspector told that he did not get any such missing reports and refused to take complaint. He asked me to lodge complain to police. I went to police station. They did not take complaint and took details from me and said that they'll coordinate with the Vizayawada SM and revert to me. Mr. Raj Gopal took details from me, he did not gave any complaint number nor he took written complaint from me. When I asked about his contact details he gave his office land line number as 044-25348556. I think there is some fissy about my missing laguage. Since I traved in 2'nd AC there are no chances of lossing the laguage. The railways employee must have received the same and taken by some one. I feel that they dont want to enquire about that. Can some one keep light on this and enquire why they are not showing any interest to take written complaint. My Name is J.Nageswara Rao. My contact number is 9940022683. Land line number is : 044-65713949. Address is : No-31, Anna Street, Karapakam, Chennai - 96.

31st of Mar, 2008
    sothern railway - not answering enquiry number
    sothern railway
    India

the enquiry number 04942422240, not answering for many days at any time at tirur railway station in malappuram district in kerala state.under palakkad division of sothern railways

• Rk
      31st of Mar, 2008

Hi,

Myself loganathan working in chennai MNC company. There is one Mr. Shankar working Electrical wing as clerk in Perambur. He has been taking bribes from various sources assuring jobs in railways and airways. This bas been happening from the past so many years. Still the rascal has not been punished even a single time for his doings. Also he is a dealer gets loans from banks and sponseres for terrorism in entire chennai.

• Mo
      19th of Feb, 2009

This is concerning about misbehavior in Arakkonam Jn railway station ticket counter no 4, on 19 th feb 2009 at 11.05 pm (Night).

I was going to buy advance ticket for next day to chennai journey, due to heavy queue in morning i always brought ticket at one day before. when i back to home i ask the Up and Down ticket for Arakkonam Jn to Chennai Central was Rs 24 (EMU train) i gives Rs 30 to the respective counter no 4 ticket staff (that time the only counter will open at 11.05 pm on 19 feb) he said to me give Rs 4 as change, but that time i have no change, In behind they displayed Rs 5 coins and Rs 1 coins rows, i asked regarding no change from myself, he said then you come next day to brought a ticket! why they will interface my personal work to suggest to come on next day. i will argue with him, this is not to tell like to come tomorrow, i continued argue with him he suddenly said go out and collect from beggar, i am very heartbreaking about that word he said, I will leave that place without brought a ticket. Rest of night I am no sleep due to that word alleged on ticket counter staff.

Please take into the consideration for higher authorities in this issue, to make cruel action that will misbehavior the fellow passenger

• Ti
      29th of Jun, 2009

i was travelling from trichy to coimbatore on 28-06 09 by train no 2083.the train driver was using the horn continuosly for 4 hours except perhaps for a few minutes break. the children in the compartment couldnot sleep at all.the driver should be iden tified and
    advised properly
    k.a.lakshminarayanan

• In
      20th of Dec, 2011

Dear Sir,
    Am one of the passenger travelling in Thirumalpur train, from Kanjipuram three groups of guys getting into the train from Walajabath to guiny, they travelling by foot boot, when the train starts from the station they starting to eve teasing the girls, if on the way they saw any girls means they shouting like "hoi" "hei" and also they showing their hands to that girls, and also they making whistle, this is one matter.
    When train starts from Chengalpattu they doing this same job, this train won't stops other stations between Thambaram, so they shouting, showing hands when train reaches to platform, lot of passengers disappointed of these guys act, this is happening daily and also happening in this train only, one day I asked to them they said who r u to say this, I felt shame and seated quilt, if I saying lie means u can ask the passengers who all are travelling, u can ask to station masters also, please take any action of these guys, I already forwarded this letter to RPF, but no use no response and no other action, this is happening in this train only, all passengers are scolding that guys, if they did any minister or other higher officer daughter means police will take action know, kindly make any action of this issue, u know at that time that girls mentally upset, and also they are fearing, and also they are feeling bad, you are saying that eve teasing the girls is not prohibited, kindly make any action and give punishment to that guys..Please this letter is writing behalf of all passengers. Please sir write this matter on your paper and make them to take action.
    regards