South African Airways / FlySAA.com / delays in saa flights
My name is Edward Hill and i work for a automotive business.
i am a project manager and i will be doing a lot of commuting between Durban, Johannesburg, and Port Elizabeth.
On the 26 April i traveled from JHB to Durban on Flight SA559 departure time 13.55. I planned that time as i needed to get back to office to present to the board of what i achieved from my meeting in JHB.
When i arrived at the airport, i found out that the plane was delayed due to the SAA strike.
I missed my report back meeting which gave a bad taste in the mouth to my executives.
I then had to go to Port Elizabeth on the 3 May . Flight SA1341 departure time 15.35 PE to Durban.
Once again the flight was delayed for 2 hrs due to the reason i was given by the ground staff, shortage of planes.
I also missed an important meeting regarding my sons school.
After sitting in the airport for over 2 hrs we boarded the plane and all we were given was a packet of pretzels to each.
I am highly disappointed in the airline and i will be re-considering which airline to book my flights from now on, although i do not want to because i like travelling with SAA.
I want to take my wife and 2 kids to JHB in November and give them a flight experience, so will SAA be able to give me a voucher for all the inconvenience and frustration and time away from home that i have experienced.
More South African Airways / FlySAA.com Complaints & Reviews
- South African Airways - bad service 
- South African Airways - failure to reimburse for stolen goods 
- SAA - baggage broken, goods stolen 
- South African Airways - overbooked flights??!! 
- SAA - unprofessional service : cabin crew
- South African Voyager+airlines - upgrade booking + extra funds taken off
- South African Airways - booking spelling error
- South African Airways - no liability for missing goods 
- South African Airways / FlySAA.com - a ticket that has been blocked
- www.flysaa.com - unavailability of website