South African Airways / theft from baggage
My wife and I were travelling from Sydney to Capetown and our wedding rings and her engagement ring were stolen from our baggage while in the safekeeping of SAA in Jo'burg Airport. As if this wasn't bad enough, the response to this very serious issue has been amazingly low key. Our £3, 000 loss has been compensated to the tune of just $20, the absolute minimum payment. But more upsetting than the financilal loss has been the lack of effort by SAA to investigate the matter. They say they are leaving it to the police to investigate but the truth is the police cannot cope with the huge amount of pilfering (polite word for thievery) that is going on every day by SAA employees (is this a staff benefit in leui of bonus??).
More South African Airways Complaints & Reviews
- South African Airways - bad service 
- South African Airways - failure to reimburse for stolen goods 
- South African Airways - overbooked flights??!! 
- SAA - baggage broken, goods stolen 
- SAA - unprofessional service : cabin crew
- South African Airways - refund on ticket not honored
- South African Airways / FlySAA.com - lost baggage and very bad service when I called from mauritius on 27 119783733733 on 8th september 2018 at 12:20 sa time
- South African Airways / FlySAA.com - theft by staff
- South African Airways / FlySAA.com - theft
- SAA - flight got delayed for 2 hrs and it was not publicly announced when it eventually boarded then we get offloaded...