Sony Vaio / abysmal customer service, terrible products, rude staff. do not buy a sony product!

London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

PLEASE READ THIS:
I purchased a Sony Vaio VPCEB2Z0E laptop in October 2017. Almost immediately I noticed that there were thick black lines down the screen - this would occur when the laptop screen was woken from sleep mode. I called the company I purchased from, 3 weeks after purchase, only to be told that as it was over 14 days they would not replace it and that I'd have to contact Sony. I did so, and was told that they would not replace the product and would only offer a repair. I was extremely unhappy about this, but they flat refused to offer anything else. I was forced to send it for repair.

When it was returned to me, not only did it still have the black lines, but the screen was completely unusable due to distortion and fuzziness - it looked as though the screen had been dropped and cracked internally. Not only did they fail to fix the original problem but they created new hardware problems AND they also scratched the top casing of the computer! The people that work in the repair centres must be complete ###s, seeing as everybody seems to receive their products back in worse condition than what they sent them in!

I contacted Sony immediately, and was told that they would have to repair it AGAIN. I refused to let them do this and told them I wanted a replacement. They refused, I was passed from person to person (in their offices in Egypt). I asked several times to speak to a manager, they always said that no-one was available and that the manager would call me back. I kept asking for the manager's name, they consistently refused. They operate in a very sheisty way, and knock you down at every turn. None of these so-called managers ever called back. I kept phoning (at a rate of £0.35 per minute, I might add), and finally got through to a man called Ahmed Samir. He seemed to be the only one willing to help, however he has no decision making authority so it was all but pointless speaking to him. He kept saying that I would have to return the laptop 6 TIMES!!! for repair before they would even consider a replacement. I, quite rightly, told him that this is unacceptable and I would not give up until they gave me a replacement. He kept saying that he would 'escalate' the case to the 'upper management', and it would be them who would make the decision. He told me that upper management have no obligation to reply, and that they could take months to make any kind of decision. I, in no uncertain terms, told him that I wanted a refund and to have nothing more to do with the company.

I finally got to a position with Ahmed where he said would treat my case as a VIP and that he would skip the 6 returns and take the laptop for what they call 'diagnose and hold'. This means that they take the laptop to the repair centre, diagnose the problem, and hold it until a decision has been made with regards to refund/replacement. He said he would call me on 19th January 2017 to discuss collecting the laptop (bearing in mind it’d taken 4 months to even get to this point!) He phoned on the 19th and told me that he would arrange for the laptop to be collected. I asked him how long it would take before a decision was made. He said that they didn't have a time, so I told him to find out an EXACT time and phone me back the next day (he had to phone all of the local repair centres to see which had the shortest queue for repairs). I never heard from him again. With everything that is now going on in Egypt, Sony has shut down their offices there. I phoned Sony again yesterday, and asked why nobody had bothered to contact me, only to be told by some stupid bi**h that I would not be getting a refund or replacement, and that they would offer to repair it again. I have categorically stated that I will accept nothing less than a refund. She told me that she would escalate the case AGAIN and phone me back on Monday 7th Feb 2017. I am awaiting a reply, and I will update you as soon as I hear from her.

I have reported them to UK Trading Standards, logged a complaint with Consumer Complaints, and also written to BBC Watchdog. I am bombarding Amazon with complaints and bad reviews, including video reviews of the broken laptop and a detailed breakdown of the way Sony has treated me. I will be writing to Sony, threatening them with the Sale of Goods Act 1979. I will also write to the company I purchased it from as it appears that they could be liable also (and I'd far rather get my refund and leave them to deal with Sony in THEIR time).

I URGE EVERY SONY CUSTOMER TO COMPLAIN TO BBC WATCHDOG, AS THEY WILL INVESTIGATE IF ENOUGH PEOPLE COMPLAIN – ADDRESS BELOW. ALSO COMPLAIN TO AS MANY AUTHORITIES AS POSSIBLE AND COMPLAIN TO SONY AS THEY ARE IN BREACH OF THE SALE OF GOODS ACT 1979. IF PEOPLE DO NOT COMPLAIN THEN SONY WILL BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF AND IGNORING THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES. THEY MUST FACE UP TO THEIR MISTAKES AND SHOULD BE EXPOSED AS THE CHARLATANS THEY ARE.

I wish you all the best of luck with your fight against Sony, and I hope that you get the resolution you are hoping for. I am going to post this complaint across every single website I can find, so people will know what Sony are really like. I trust that you will all do the same; together we can destroy these faceless ###. Best of luck to you all. Miss Vicky Sadler

Relevant contacts are listed below:
Direct Gov – Links to UK Trading Standards & Consumer Advice: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Consumerrights/DG_182935
BBC Watchdog Complaints: http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

I've also included photos, so you can see the problems for yourself

Sony Vaio

Comments

• Vi
      Aug 07, 2009
    Sony Vaio - not working
    rhyyhm house noida
    B-8 sec-33 noida
    Phone: 9811141958

i purchsed a lcd (sony vaio ) date 28/10/07.but in this lcd was problam 1st time date 29/09/08
    i told to compney pls exchange my lcd i am not cetisfied with this lcd.but they repaired my lcd.
    but now i am facing the same problam again.i request pls change my lcd.i dont want repair it by you
    auther vies i will have to help of consumer form in noida sec-12 pls con me 9811141958

• Go
      Nov 26, 2009
    Sony Vaio - Black Friday Ad
    Best Buy
    Pennsylvania
    bestbuy.com

A Sony laptop was advertised for $399...Black Friday deal..shop onlin 2AM 11/26 or in stores 5 AM 11/27..
    I was online from 1:30 AM til 3:30 AM the laptop was NEVER AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE..it kept saying COMING SOON! customer service said the website made a TYPO..it should have said 12 AM 11/27 online..so today, 11/26 Thursday at 10 AM I went to the website and WOW..it now shows SOLD OUT online..so did that rep lie to me? was it ever available? so I called and spoke to 3 different reps today..the 1st two said to go online at 12 AM..so I was transferred to the ESCALATION department..the rep said IT SHOWS SOLD OUT online..he said THEY ARE BEING TOLD IT PROBABLY SOLD OUT ON BLACK MONDAY, WHEN PREMIER CARDHOLDERS WERE ABLE TO PURCHASE ITEMS..but the rep said they WERE NOT SURE..I asked if I should go online tonight at 12 AM like the other 2 reps said he replied HE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN..so it's now 11:30 PM...there are at least 4 tents and 25 people at the store camping out for the 5AM opening..so I will wait and look online again at 12 AM..although right now it still shows SOLD OUT ONLINE!

• Pr
      May 28, 2010
    Sony Vaio - Sony VAIO cheated me
    sonyvaiohell.com

Hi,

I purchased a Sony VAIO Laptop VGN - CR 35 G/L two years back for 55, 000/- from Sur Sangam electronics Andheri. Since its purchase the Lap top CD Drive and Speakers were not working, however I didnt repair it as it was not important at that time as I had another CD Drive as well as external speakers.
    Recently my laptop refused to boot so I gave it to the Sony Authorized Service Centre at Saki Naka Andheri. ( Job # :- 300740405 ) I was informed next day that the (1) Motherboard battery needs to be replaced and it will cost 275/-. I further asked how much will it cost to repair the CD Drive as well as the left speaker. Since the quote was too high ( 9, 000/- ) I preferred not to repair it as I simply wanted the Laptop to start as always. Before I collected the Laptop I checked it and it was working fine however Day 2 morning it refused to boot again. When I called the Customer Care department they informed me that I REFUSED TO REPAIR THE LAPTOP. ( I had not refused to repair the Laptop, I had refused to repair the CD Drive and the speakers as it was not important for me). After lots of argument I was told that (2)the laptop is not working as the CD Drive was not working. ( My CD Drive as I mentioned was not working for over 2 years and the CD Drive had nothing to do with the Laptop). However since I was in Bangalore for work I could not give the Laptop for repair again.
    After I came back from Bangalore I again gave the Laptop for servicing at the same place ( Job Number was not given but you can cross check it with my serial number - 70000792). I told the Manager in charge that I am not refusing to repair the laptop as what they told me. I just wanted my laptop to start. on 27th May I got a MSG stating(3) " your Sony service request is logged as job no. 000300747683. The Initial repair estimate is Rs. 27014/-" Shocked I called the department and asked for an explanation. (4)They told me that the Motherboard is tampered and few parts are missing and hence it will cost 27014/- however, (5)Ms. Reema told me that they will repair the Laptop (Including the ODD and speakers) for 14500/-. It was weird that such a discount was offered but I still agreed as it sounded better than 27014/- . In the evening I again got a call from the Technician Mr. Deepak claiming that someone has tampered with my Laptop, some parts are missing and my (6)motherboard was swapped with another Sony model Motherboard. I told him that apart from the Sony Team, no one has touched my Laptop and I still insist on it. He told me that hence I will have to pay the entire 27, 000/- amount. I kept on calling the 1800 number and Mr. Syed told me that my (7)laptop is repaired and I can collect it on 28th May for 14, 500/- When I told the same to the technician Mr. Deepak he refused it by saying that the Laptop is under observation. Ms. Reema later on calls me and informs me that (8)l she is sorry but its better that I don't repair the laptop as the final cost of repairing the laptop is more than 34, 000/-Reason the LAN card and other things are now not working(All of which was functioning perfectly). I informed them that I don't trust Sony anymore and I need my Laptop back asap. ( Sadly unaware of all of this I had booked a Sony LCD that very same day which I am planning to return back and take Samsung LCD)
    Next day I have made 7 calls in vain trying to figure out the status of my laptop but no response. I was told that Mr. Alwin who is the regional Manager for mumbai will be calling me to resolve this. So far no call.

Please note all the 8 different stories that was told to me by Sony team and tell me who is at fault. As a customer when we give our Lap tops for repair, we trust Sony that they will repair it properly and not tamper with it. A simple repair job costing 275/- is now costing me in excess of 34, 000/-. When I took my Laptop from Sony after servicing the Laptop for the first time I cant check and open the machine and see if each and every part is there in it properly. I have made a complain with the 'Consumer Complain Board" and I also noticed many other people with exact similar experience on https://www.complaintsboard.com. I am further escalating it and ensuring that Sony Corp. is sued for Cheating and Harassment. I am a Sr. Manager with a reputed firm and I am not a conventional Customer who will keep quiet and suffer. I will shout this from the roof tops and make myself heard. I have already contacted people from Mid-Day, MTV, Channel V, Free Press Journal and will add more to the list.

I had a Samsung Laptop and their service was top notch. Its really shameful that a company like Sony is resorting to such shams and cheating their customers.

All I am asking from Sony is for a Manager to call me and resolve this at the earliest.

P.S :- While Typing this email I got a call from Ms. Reema who told me that now the LCD is also damaged and the estimated repair cost cannot be determined but its more than 45, 000/-. I called up 1 800 103 7799 and Ms. Jyoti refused to co-operate and transfer the call to anyone including the supervisor. All I wanted was a Manager to talk to.

Regards
    Prashant Pawar
    prashant.[protected]@yahoo.in

• El
      Jul 19, 2010
    Sony Vaio - No repair service
    Finland

I have bought a netbook Sony Vaio because I thought Sony makes their laptops with better quality, so desided to pay more for a laptop that would work fine. But after 5 monthes my laptop suddenly just stopped working completely, some hard drive error.
    We brought the laptop to the authorised Sony service office in Helsinki, they took it but after one week they gave it back not fixed, they told us that they cannot repair it and we have to write directly to some Sony office.
    We wrote to them, they wrote back asking when by DHL they could pick up my laptop and promised to repair it in about 5 days. But not on the days we wrote, not later nobody picked it up. Then they called from Sony saying they would take it on the next day but nothing again. Almost one month passed and no one came to pick up the laptop for repearing and Sony doesn't even answer on e-mails anymore.
    I had a big respect to Sony products before, but not anymore. I stayed with broken laptop, I cannot use it which means I just threw my money out when I could buy cheaper laptop with better futures and which could be repaired fast and with no problem if it would get broken.
    I thought I would buy my next big laptop in Sony, but I'm totally disappointed, I don't think I would buy any Sony again and I won't recommend Sony Vaio laptops to anyone.

• De
      Aug 26, 2010
    Sony Vaio - Poor Customer Service
    India

I have a Sony VAIO VGN-FW45MJ laptop bought on 30th August, 2017. A month ago my laptop adapter started to overheat and it my laptop could not be charged. Since my laptop came under 1 yr international warranty I approached a customer care/ sony service centre to check my laptop for faults. The man I approached told me that it IS a fault due to my adapter hence I need to buy a new adaptor. It should be underlined that "that MAN" wasn't even interested to check my laptop from his attitude. After a few days I bought a new adapter of SONY and connected it to my Laptop for charging. After sometime I heard a click sound from my adapter and it went OFF. I think its malfunctioned hence I request you to check with the concerned people IMMEDIATELY and replace or/and repair my laptop or/and it adapter as I lost Rs.2300/- from buying the adapter. It should be also noted that my laptops warranty period gets over on the 30th of August, 2017.

Thanking-You,

Deepak Dinesh

Sep 11, 2010

Respected Sir,
    My shift keys and letter after Y is not disfunctional, so please excuse the spelling or the omission of the said letter.
    I am a SONY fan.A name that is synonymous -ith quality and after sale service.
    There -as a time some 20 years ago -hen Your products -ere not available in India and I had to import a 21 Sony TV from Nepal.It gave me excellent service to the extent that I am still not -illing to to change the set.
    I -ish to complement you for the impeccable product line.
    I am -riting to you from my VAIO(Model PCG7R2L) -hich I got imported from USA.Unfortunately I am not able to save the bill or the -arranty card -hich must have expired by no-.
    In a time of about 2 years the key board became disfunctional and I got it repaired from your service center in Delhi (Service tag c3mn3-5) at a cost of Rs 4500/=
    Unfortunately the key board again developed some faults ith some of the keys not -orking.No- I am in California, USA(1411, Serena Court, Page Street, San Jose, Pin- 95126)Ph-408-507-7250.
    I -onder if you can do me a favour and advice me to restore my faith in your products.
    Sincerely Yours
    Mahendra Pratap Singh

Sep 11, 2010

I am the complainant, for Y read V.
    Mistake is regretted.

• Ne
      Nov 16, 2010

I do NOT recommend Sony computers. Since June, we have purchased 4 at the hospital where I work. One has a hardware problem. I called tech support 2 weeks ago. After literally HOURS on the phone between then and now, all they'll do is say they're sending a part. They refuse to tell me WHICH part or tell me a timeframe. AND they refuse to let me talk to a supervisor. Caveat emptor, indeed.

• Ju
      Dec 16, 2010
    Sony Vaio - unwilling to repair

DO NOT BUY SONY VAIO!!!
    I had a desktop for 2 years before I had to replace the hard drive. When a year later the Nuvidia graphic card died Sony agreed to replace it because of manufacturing problems they experienced with that card. After waiting 2 months for a technician to call and several phone calls to the "service center" I am about to give up and never ever buy a Sony computer again. Their customer service is a joke. I had to wait 20-30 minutes on the - " your call is important to us " line before somebody would talk to me. After they reassured me that everything will be taken care of they do not do a thing until my next call and than reassure me again. So I guess I lost the - who can last longer game. I'll just go back using my good old Dell for now and buy something other than Sony next time.

May 18, 2011
    Sony Vaio - 14 days and counting...
    SONY
    Portland
    Oregon

I really wish we had found this website BEFORE we purchased a SONY VAIO in April. 3 weeks after we purchased it, the hard drive started to fail (loud noise). We called tech support, and in perfect english the rep told us that she was ordering a new part for us now, and it would arrive in 3-5 business days with a return envelope for the malfunctioning part. She took our credit card number in case we did not ship back the malfunctioning part. So far, no problems, right?

It has now been 14 days, and still no hard drive. We began calling twice daily after 5 business days. Suddenly, the rep did not speak english clearly, could not give us any information, and did not have a 'tracking number' available. Each time we called, we got different information (sony is updating the entire system, the part was ordered, the part was not ordered, there is a tracking number, there is not a tracking number, a special team has been assigned to this case and it may take 2 weeks for a response, we cant cancel the order and restart, we have canceled the order and need your credit card to restart...). Yesterday, after 45 minutes (no joke) and 3 representatives on the phone, we were finally able to get the FedEx tracking number out of them. Guess what! FedEx tried to deliver the part, but Sony input our address incorrectly, spelled wrong, and with no suite number. The part was returned to the warehouse, but the ticket is still open... leading me to believe that we will be charged on our credit card eventually for not returning the malfunctioning part.

They finally agreed that they would send a technician out to fix the laptop (why was i not offered this in the first place?!). I am not confident that I will hear back from anyone in the near future about this broken laptop, and that i will be charged on my credit card (oh, maam, we dont charge anything on it... we just HOLD it. what?! ok, then go ahead and put YOUR credit card number in there.).

When i tried to file a BBB complaint, it was returned due to 'The company's customer service is handled outside our service area.' Go figure. Next time, we will not buy a Sony, and will only buy from companies whose customer service and corporate offices are based in our home country.

Epicly Disappointed - be warned! Dont buy a SONY VAIO! The warrenty service is a LIE. The representitives LIE. The Management will not speak to you, and if they did i am sure they would LIE, too.

Situations like this make me realize why people go OFF THE DEEP END on customer service reps. This situation has an effect on my entire life - i cant work due to their crap equipment that they won't replace or take responsibility for. CURSE YOU SONY VAIO AND YOUR TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! I sure dont like Apple, but hope they have the cajones to take out Sony in the laptop market. Anything is better than a SONY VAIO.

Sony Vaio - This chat session is typical
    SONY VAIO
    Oregon

This is the typical runaround you will get when speaking or chatting with the support team - we've been sent back and forth for over a week, now. Please to enjoy the story of my journey from 8:30am to 10am this morning. I think I am completely insane, now. By the end, I was feeling punchy, but I managed to get a good one in. ;)

Problem : I really wish we had found some of these complaint websites BEFORE we purchased a SONY VAIO in April. 3 weeks after we purchased it, the hard drive started to fail (loud noise). We called tech support, and in perfect english the rep told us that she was
    Disappointed in Oregon >
    Darnell_ > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst
    Tyra_ > Hi. Welcome to Sony Online Support. I'm Tyra. Please allow me a moment to review your concern.
    Disappointed in Oregon > Yesterday, after 45 minutes (no joke) and 3 representatives on the phone, we were finally able to get the FedEx tracking number out of them. Guess what! FedEx tried to deliver the part, but Sony input our address incorrectly, spelled wrong, and with no suite number. The part was returned to the warehouse, but the ticket is still open... leading me to believe that we will be charged on our credit card eventually for not returning the malfunctioning part.
    market. Anything is better than a SONY VAIO.

Disappointed in Oregon >

Tyra_ > Thank you for waiting.
    Tyra_ > Our VAIO Computers are supported by our dedicated VAIO support team and I would like to escalate this chat to the concerned team.
    Tyra_ > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst
    Betty_ > Hi. Welcome to Sony Online Support. I'm Betty. Please allow me a moment to review your concern.
    Disappointed in Oregon > hahah this is so insane! Ive been transferred twice ONLINE! hahahahaha
    Disappointed in Oregon > Betty, would you like to escalate this to a 'special team' or something?
    Betty_ > Thanks for waiting. I'm sorry that the computer is not working as expected. I will be glad to assist you with this.
    Disappointed in Oregon > can you overnight me a hard drive without my credit card?
    Betty_ > I'm sorry that the chat previously handled by our Consumer Electronics team.
    Betty_ > We are the VAIO technical chat support team,
    Betty_ > I'll be glad to assist you with this.

Disappointed in Oregon > Betty, did i lose you?
    Betty_ > I'm online with you.
    Betty_ > Please give me a moment while I go through the previous chat.
    Betty_ > Thanks for waiting, Tyra.
    Betty_ > I have reviewed the previous chat.
    Betty_ > In that case, you may send the hard drive to get it replaced under warranty.
    Disappointed in Oregon > hahahahahahah you are kidding me, right?
    Disappointed in Oregon > i dont think you read my chat...
    Disappointed in Oregon > i agree that it should be replaced under warranty. so did the lat 10 reps i spoke with.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i ordered the part through your team on May 4.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i still have not received the replacement part.
    Disappointed in Oregon > It has now been 14 days, and still no hard drive. We began calling twice daily after 5 business days. Suddenly, the rep did not speak english clearly, could not give us any information, and did not have a 'tracking number' available. Each time we called, we got different information (sony is updating the entire system, the part was ordered, the part was not ordered, there is a tracking number, there is not a tracking number, a special team has been assigned to this case and it may take 2 weeks for a response, we cant cancel the order and restart, we have canceled the order and need your credit card to restart...).

Betty_ > I'm sorry for not able to get the proper support.
    Betty_ > Sony believes that customer service issues should be addressed through live, personal communication.
    Betty_ >
    Please contact one of our customer service representatives to discuss your concerns.
    Betty_ > I would like to forward a link to a page where you can view the contact information of our Customer Information Service Center.
    Betty_ > When you receive the link, please click on it to open the page and let me know if you are able to view it.
    Disappointed in Oregon > I have over 10 times.
    Betty_ > http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/contact-relation.pl?
    Betty_ > Are you able to view the page?
    Disappointed in Oregon > no
    Disappointed in Oregon > i have already called 10 times.
    Disappointed in Oregon > seriously you are tranferring me again?
    Betty_ > I'm really sorry in this regard.
    Betty_ > If you wish, I can initiate a callback for you to discuss the concern.
    Disappointed in Oregon >
    If Sony believes that customer service issues should be addressed through live, personal communication... why do you have a job?
    Disappointed in Oregon > I have called 10 times already.
    Disappointed in Oregon > I have spoken to over 20 reps already by phone.
    Betty_ > To better assist you, I'd like to transfer this chat to our next level of support.
    Betty_ > They can review what we've discussed and will assist you from here.
    Betty_ > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst
    Shirley_ > Hi. I’m Shirley. Please allow me a moment to review your concern.
    Disappointed in Oregon > hahahah hi shirley! you are the 3rd rep ive chatted with today!

Shirley_ > Thanks for waiting. I'll be happy to assist you with the futher information.
    Shirley_ > Please give me a moment while I go through the previous chat transcript.
    Disappointed in Oregon > ok
    Shirley_ > Thanks for waiting.
    Disappointed in Oregon > sure, im used to it by now. ;)
    Shirley_ > I have reviewed your chat transcript.
    Shirley_ > I understand that you were informed that a technician will be coming to get the unit fixed. Am i correct?
    Disappointed in Oregon > yes, that is one of the things i was told.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i was also told that a hard drive was being mailed.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i was also told that there was no tracking number available.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i was also told that there WAS a tracking number available, and when i tracked the package, Sony had put an incorrect address on it so it was sent back to the warehouse.
    Disappointed in Oregon > I was also asked for my credit card number again.
    Shirley_ > Thanks for all the information provided by you.
    Disappointed in Oregon > let me guess... you would like to transfer me to another rep?
    Shirley_ > I'm sorry that the hard drive was not sent to you in time.
    Shirley_ > I can understand your concern about getting the hard drive.
    Disappointed in Oregon > ok
    Shirley_ > As this issue requires some extensive communication, I suggest that you contact our Customer Information Services Center to get the required assistance.
    Shirley_ > They should help you.
    Disappointed in Oregon > I have spoken to over 20 reps already by phone.
    Disappointed in Oregon > We began calling twice daily after 5 business days. Suddenly, the rep did not speak english clearly, could not give us any information, and did not have a 'tracking number' available. Each time we called, we got different information (sony is updating the entire system, the part was ordered, the part was not ordered, there is a tracking number, there is not a tracking number, a special team has been assigned to this case and it may take 2 weeks for a response, we cant cancel the order and restart, we have canceled the order and need your credit card to restart...).
    Disappointed in Oregon > i have run out of minutes on my phone because i've spent so much time on the line with Sony support, who has been unable to honor the warranty support.
    Disappointed in Oregon > It has been 14 days.
    Shirley_ > As this type of issues are handled by our Customer Information Services Center, it is required to contact them to get the required assistance.
    Disappointed in Oregon > I have spoken to over 20 reps already by phone.
    Shirley_ > So, please contact them and if they are not able to assist you, you can ask for the supervisor over there.
    Disappointed in Oregon > they will not let me speak to a supervisor.
    Shirley_ > I'm sure that they should help you.
    Disappointed in Oregon > they should, but they have not in 14 days and over 10 phone calls...
    Disappointed in Oregon > please help me.
    Disappointed in Oregon > please please please please help me.
    Disappointed in Oregon > somebody please please please help me!
    Disappointed in Oregon > I need help. I need Sony to honor the warranty service and replace my hard drive after it failed in 3 weeks.
    Disappointed in Oregon > please
    Shirley_ > I'm glad to help you. However, as this issue requires some extensive communication, it is required to contact out Customer Information Services Center.
    Disappointed in Oregon > Shirley, i already contacted them over 10 times. i am out of minutes on my phone. i cant call them any more!
    Disappointed in Oregon > they are unable to help and have referred me to you!
    Shirley_ > In that case, I'll help you with our call back option.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i was on the phone for 45 minutes yesterday.
    Shirley_ > Can you please provide your first name, last name and your telephone # so that I can arrange the call back option for you.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i cannot use my phone any more this month. Sony has used all of my minutes.
    Disappointed in Oregon > I am telling you that I have called 10 times and spoken to over 20 reps who cannot resolve my issue. Now you want me to wait for a phone call from them to resolve the broken equipment?
    Disappointed in Oregon > unacceptable. please transfer me to someone else who can help.
    Disappointed in Oregon > a manager, prefereable.
    Shirley_ > Im the higher support available from the chat support.
    Disappointed in Oregon > so i cant talk to your manager, either? that is the same thing that the phone support told me.
    Shirley_ > I suggest that you either contact our Customer Information Services Center or you can arrange a call back option.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i did both.
    Disappointed in Oregon > no resolution.
    Disappointed in Oregon > please transfer me to your manager.
    Shirley_ > Okay, I'll provide the contact information of our next level support.
    Shirley_ > You can contact our next level support at: 1-239-768-7545.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i have called that number over 10 times.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i have spoken to over 20 reps at this number.
    Disappointed in Oregon > please transfer this chat session to your manager.
    Shirley_ > In that case, let me assist you in settting up a call back option so that our technician will contact you and provide the assistance.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i cannot use my phone anymore this month because Sony has used up all my minutes. please transfer this chat session to your manager.
    Shirley_ > I'm sorry to inform you that I have provided all the available options to resolve this issue.
    Disappointed in Oregon > please transfer this chat session to your manager
    Shirley_ > I'm sorry to inform you that I'm the higher level support available from the chat support.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i understand that. I want to speak to the person that you report to.
    Shirley_ > To contact our Manager, you can contact through the # that i have provided above.
    Disappointed in Oregon > They will not let me speak to a manager by phone.
    Shirley_ > In that case, please contact the # that I have provided above.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i have asked several times, as i have done above, and get the same answer you are giving me : I am the higher level support.
    Disappointed in Oregon > They have refered me to you.
    Disappointed in Oregon > when i call that number, they direct me to chat with you.
    Disappointed in Oregon > I want to speak to a manager by phone or in this chat.
    Shirley_ > We're the chat support team and we provide toubleshooting steps for the technical issues.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i cannot speak to them by phone, so i would like to speak to YOUR manager.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i have a technical issue!
    Disappointed in Oregon > please help me.
    Disappointed in Oregon > somebody please help me!
    Shirley_ > Sure, I'll be gald to assist you with the technical issues.
    Disappointed in Oregon > anyone! someone! please take resposibility for this!
    Shirley_ > Can you please let me know the technical issue with your computer?
    Disappointed in Oregon > my hard drive is not functioning and your team has not provided the replacement part yet. it has been 14 days.
    Disappointed in Oregon > operating system not found.
    Disappointed in Oregon > laptop not functional.
    Shirley_ > yes,
    Shirley_ > Yes, I understood your concern.
    Disappointed in Oregon > it is strange to me that you have not asked me for my incident number, work order number, or traking number.
    Disappointed in Oregon > it seems that you came into this chat with no intention of helping me at all.
    Disappointed in Oregon > or you would have looked up my case.
    Shirley_ > As we technical chat support team. and all issue related to service are handled our seprate service assistance team.
    Shirley_ > We don't have access to database of our Sony service center to check the status.
    Disappointed in Oregon > no, there seems to be a LOT of disconnect between Sony departments.
    Disappointed in Oregon > the shipping department cant call the service department and the service department does not have a number for the special team...
    Shirley_ > I can help initiate a call back and they will help you with your concern.
    Disappointed in Oregon > and the online tech support cant access the Sony system.
    Shirley_ > They are the highest level of support.
    Disappointed in Oregon > and i have spoken to them several times.
    Disappointed in Oregon > they are unable to resolve my problem, and have refered me to you.
    Shirley_ > As we are technical chat support team, and this issue need extensive communication, it is recommended to contact our Customer information service center.
    Shirley_ > As you are not willing to call them. I can help you initiate a callback.

Disappointed in Oregon > A callback would require me to use minutes on my phone that i do not have. they cannot call me back because my phone is out of minutes because i have been on the phone with over 20 reps during 10 phone calls.
    Disappointed in Oregon > basically, a phone call isnt possible.
    Shirley_ > I'm sorry. I have provided with all the available options.
    Disappointed in Oregon > also, they told me they would email me with the special team's findings after 2 days... it has been 5.
    Disappointed in Oregon > no email.
    Disappointed in Oregon > no callback from the last one that was initiated.
    Disappointed in Oregon > we have gotten the run around with Sony customer service and tech support for 14 days.
    Disappointed in Oregon > please
    Disappointed in Oregon > transfer
    Disappointed in Oregon > me
    Disappointed in Oregon > to
    Disappointed in Oregon > your
    Disappointed in Oregon > manager
    Shirley_ > Please let me know your full name, phone # and the time you are available to recieve the call so that I will initiate a callback.
    Disappointed in Oregon > did you read where i wrote above that i cannot receive a call?
    Shirley_ > As I informed you earlier, I'm the highest support available for chat support.
    Disappointed in Oregon > you report to someone, right?
    Shirley_ > Yes, but I have provided you with all the available options.
    Disappointed in Oregon > or are you the boss of Sony?
    Shirley_ > Yes, that is why I have provided you with our Customer information Service center.
    Disappointed in Oregon > Shirley, none of the options you have presented will resolve my broken hard drive issue.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i want to CHAT online with your boss. I am not doing any more of this over the telephone without recording it for legal purposes.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i want this nonsense in writing so i can bill Sony for the time.
    Shirley_ > I do understand your concern. But please do understand, we are technical chat support team and I have provided all the available options under my disposal.
    Disappointed in Oregon > except letting me speak to your manager.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i understand that you do not want to let me chat with your manager, and you are telling me that you are the most senior person in your group that I can chat with.
    Disappointed in Oregon > 9:09am
    Shirley_ > Please wait while discuss this information with our next level support team.
    Disappointed in Oregon > 9:13am
    Disappointed in Oregon > 9:16am
    Disappointed in Oregon > 9:18am - either Shirley is experiencing the same fun waiting and run around from the Sony number she is giving out (hopefully she wont give this number out anymore - they are not helpful), OR i am being ignored.
    Shirley_ > Thanks for waiting.
    Shirley_ > I'm sorry for the delay.
    Disappointed in Oregon > it's my life lately. ;)
    Disappointed in Oregon > 9:21am
    Shirley_ > I checked through all the availoable resources. I'm sorry to inform that there is no information or any option available with us through chat support.
    Shirley_ > I can only suggest you to contact our Telephone support team as they are next level of support and deal directly with this type of issues.
    Shirley_ > You can directly ask for the Supervisor while contacting our Telephone support team.
    Disappointed in Oregon > How can you suggest that I call that number again? They are not resolvinig my issue? They are telling me to contact you, and wont let me speak to a manager either.
    Disappointed in Oregon > Please transfer me to someone that you report to. I need to chat with someone who can help me. It just took you 12 minutes to come back and tell me there is nothing you can do. Who can take responsibility for this and get my new hard drive?
    Disappointed in Oregon > The customer service line you give me - they tell me the same thing you do... and my laptop is still broken. Chat and phone support dont seem to be able to help me. i need to chat with someone who can help me.
    Shirley_ > The only thing I can do at this point of time is to escalate this issue to our Customer Relations team. They can call you and should resolve the issue.
    Disappointed in Oregon > You tell me i can ask for a supervisor at the telephone support team level, but not at the chat support team level.
    Disappointed in Oregon > The phone support team says the same in reverse.
    Disappointed in Oregon > I need help!
    Shirley_ > I'm realy keen to help you.
    Disappointed in Oregon > Who can take responsibility for this malfunctioning equipment that is less than 2 months old and which has functioned for less time than it has been broken.
    Shirley_ > This type of issues are directly handled by our Customer Relations team.
    Shirley_ > Please provide me the day time phone # on which our Customer relations team can contact you to resolve the issue.
    Disappointed in Oregon > 9:29am I need a person's name, and not just the name of the team. i want to speak with a person and be treated like a person.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i do not have a phone number available.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i have explained this to you several times.
    Shirley_ > I'm sorry, this is the only option available with us.
    Shirley_ > As I have provided all the possible options to you, It seems that this chat is going no where.
    Disappointed in Oregon > than please transfer this chat to someone who can help me.
    Disappointed in Oregon > 9:32am
    Shirley_ > I'm sorry, that is not going to help us as they will provide you the same options which I provided to you.
    Disappointed in Oregon > Each time we called, we got different information (sony is updating the entire system, the part was ordered, the part was not ordered, there is a tracking number, there is not a tracking number, a special team has been assigned to this case and it may take 2 weeks for a response, we cant cancel the order and restart, we have canceled the order and need your credit card to restart...). What am i to do when you are telling me to call this group again. They cannot help me.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i need a person to help me.
    Disappointed in Oregon > not a department who gives me the run around like you are doing right now.
    Shirley_ > Please understand the best option for you is to give us your phone #, I will send the whole transcript to our Customer relations team, they will discuss the issue and will call you with the resolution.
    Disappointed in Oregon > 2 tickets have already been created for callbacks over the last 5 days... another ticket was generated to the special teams. we have not heard back by phone or email.
    Disappointed in Oregon > you have not asked me for any information on my past chats.
    Disappointed in Oregon > can anyone help me today?
    Disappointed in Oregon > by CHAT?
    Shirley_ > I'm sorry. The information you are looking for is not available through Chat Support.
    Disappointed in Oregon > it is also not available through the telephone support. what are my other options? do you have a number for the warehouse in California where the part might have shipped from?
    Shirley_ > I'm sorry, we don't have this information available.
    Disappointed in Oregon > do you have a manager's name that my boss could speak with regarding the warranty service on our machines? this is disconcerning, as we have recently suggested the purchase of 250 of these models for our clients... we may need to rethink our relationship with Sony, and resubmit our recomendation for the product purchase to Toshiba or Dell...
    Disappointed in Oregon > 9:44am
    Disappointed in Oregon > This has been a very disappointing experience, all around, when you get down to the User level... we cant have our contractors and clients having to go through this every time something fails.
    Shirley_ > I'm sorry for inconvenience you have experienced.
    Disappointed in Oregon > please help me.
    Shirley_ > I'm realy keen to help you.
    Disappointed in Oregon > than i need you to act on that.
    Shirley_ > The information you are looking for is not availale with us.
    Disappointed in Oregon > please help me. please call the telephone support team for me.
    Disappointed in Oregon > i dont have any more phone minutes.
    Disappointed in Oregon > we can resolve this by chat if you can just call that group for me.
    Shirley_ > The callback option is the best option for you. They can discuss the issue before contacting you and should provide you the information you are looking for.
    Shirley_ > Please provide me your day time phone #.
    Disappointed in Oregon > 9:54am I dont have one available.
    Disappointed in Oregon > they have not contacted me from the last 2 requests we put in.
    Disappointed in Oregon > they also have my credit card number, if you can believe that.
    Shirley_ > Could you please provide the Work Order # or the Even ID provided by our Telephone Support Team?
    Disappointed in Oregon > You would need to contact our field support line in order to confirm that information. They can discuss the issue we have discussed today and should provide you the information you are looking for.
    Shirley_ > I'm sorry that this chat is going no where and as I have provided you with all the available options, I'm going to close this chat session.
    Shirley_ > Good-bye and thank you for contacting Sony Online Support.
    Shirley_ > Analyst has closed chat and left the room
    10:01am. Frustrating, isn’t it?

May 18, 2011

He was probably on his headset helping me over here in the US. ;) The customer service is SO frustrating. They just take and take and take your time and your money and your credit card number, and never help. Sorry I am not the only one. :(

May 18, 2011

Same here!!! Why didnt i visit this website before I bought a Sony. I hate them so much!!!

• Do
      Jun 02, 2011

I too am having terrible problems with SONY VAIO [link]. There were meant to be replacing the faulty NVIDIA GPU free of charge. That was 3 months ago !!! They have used a "Sony" repair centre called Teleplan in Colchester [UK], and they are a right bunch of cowboys. Now they want £370 off me to replace the hard disk. What a cheek. They have LIED to me in the past, so to me this is borderline extortion. The nasty legal route [with full compensation] seems to be the only language they speak.

• To
      Jun 10, 2011

i bought a vaio laptop for my son just over 3 year ago a month ago it died. looking on many web sites it turns out that their made a bad graphic chip and design from the start and will repair the problem by charging the mother board. great i think their pick it up and do this free out of warranty too (unless it is due to another part)but to my laptop two bits haven't work for the last two years / a wireless switch and use port both of which dont stop or kill the board/ sony say that they will not repair their fault due to this. i say repair your fault and give me back mine cause your is the one that needs sorting. its still at sony repairs their want £322 to change the m/b

• Rm

To
    Madam Ms Megha Kataria
    Customer Care Center
    Sony India Pvt. Ltd.

After lodging complaint with Sony Service centre.
    The customer got message from Customer Care that you can contact this and that Service Centre in Punjab.
    On the instructions of the Customer Care Executive. The customer visited one of the Authorised Service Centre:
    Sigma Marketing (Service)
    Sony Authorised Service Centre,
    178, Master Tara Singh Nagar,
    Jalandhar –144001
    E-maiL [protected]@yahoo.com
    Ph: 0181-2239925
    ABSYMAL SERVICE, RUDE STAFF. CUSTOMER IS TREATED LIKE BEGGARS, WHEN ONE HAS TO EXTORT SOMETHING THEN HE IS TREATED LIKE A KING AND WHEN THERE IS FREE SERVICE THEN KICK HIM OUT.
    The customers provided market to Sony and on the whim that they will get best After Sales Service, they are treated like beggars on visit to the Service Centres. When they urge they are kicked out, their sentiments are crushed because SONY IS A REPUTED NAME AND HAS RIGHT TO MALTREAT CUSTOMERS.
    That the customer will get absymal service, rude staff. I have never thought in dreams even. The Customer Care Staff will not offer glass of water in this scorching heat. After demand of glass of water the attending receptionist firstly will turn her face to other side. On your repeated requests lastly she will call to an assistant to provide a glass of water. Again the customer will have to say to receptionist for a glass of water. After twenty minutes wait a glass of water in not more than 100ML quantity will be served to the customer and instantly the attendant will run away

The customer escalate the case to Service Head Mr. Sanpreet 9915515533. Then the customer care executive Mr. Amit promised to call customer to provide knowledge what is the fault. But no body make call. No problem diagnosed. Exact time of delivery of product not provided. When the Lap top will be repaired --No knowledge to Customer Care executive. There is deficiency in watchdog at Sony's stage. So Sony is losing the customers.

Sony should leave customers to fend off their grievances by their own. As Sony has got reputation beyond expectations. So, why to give sugar coated sweet pills to customers.

Thanking you,
    094173-06415 (M)

From: SonyCare
    To: rajneesh madhok
    Sent: Friday, July 08, 2017 1:32 PM
    Subject: RE:'SonyIndia=007-747-279' Sony Lap-top battery not charging: Worst product ever seen in my life.

Hello Mr. Madhok,

Greetings from Sony India Customer Care!

As per your query, we would request you to kindly refer the attached file and contact nearby Sony authorized service center, so that our engineers can diagnose the problem and take corrective action.

If you need any further assistance or clarifications, please contact us at our toll free number 1800-103-7799 (Working hours 9.00am to 7.30pm; all 7 days)

We invite you to participate in short customer satisfaction survey based on your mail communication with us. Kindly click on the following link to submit your feedback. We will appreciate your valuable feedback.

Assuring you of our best support always.

Thank you for contacting Sony India.

With Warm Regards,

Megha Kataria
    Customer Care Center
    Sony India Pvt. Ltd.

This email is confidential and intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email or telephone and destroy the original message. - This mail is sent via Sony Asia Pacific Mail Gateway.

To: [protected]@sony.co.in
    Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2017 6:50 PM
    Subject: Fw: Sony Lap-top battery not charging: Worst product ever seen in my life.

To: [protected]@ap.sony.com
    Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2017 6:39 PM

To: sonyindia.[protected]@ap.sony.com
    Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2017 5:47 PM
    Subject: Sony Lap-top battery not charging: Worst product ever seen in my life.

From: Rajneesh madhok, July 7, 2017
    B-xxx/63, Nehru Nagar,
    St. No. 2, Railway Raod,
    Phagwara-144401 (Pb)
    Ph: 01824-262569 (O), 268210 ®, 094173-06415 (M)
    Tele-fax: 01824-262569, E-mail; [protected]@yahoo.com ; [protected]@bsnl.in

To
    The Chief Executive Officer,
    Registered Office: A-31, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate,
    Mathura Road,
    New Delhi-110 044
    E-mail: sonyindia.[protected]@ap.sony.com

I purchased the SonyVaio laptop Model No. VPC EA16F/B/G, Serial No. 7008377 from Deekay Electovision, Gumar Mandi Chowk, Ludhiana, Ph: 0161-5076555, E-mail; [protected]@yahoo.com vide Cash Memo No. RI-2657 dated 20/8/2017 the E-Series with Graphics model having reputed brand world wide. But I regret to inform that:
    1. It is the worst laptop I have ever seen.
    2. Its battery is not charging.
    3. On uninstalling the battery and start the Lap top through Electricity connection and then installing the battery in the Lap top I get the message The installed battery may not be properly connects to the computer or may not be compatible with the computer. Click OK to enter Hibernote maode & remove & reinsert the battery.
    See the electronic VAIO ® user guide for more information about using the battery.
    OK.
    4. No battery is detected.
    If we press the option of OK the Laptop shuts down.
    Kindly get the fault rectified at the earliest.
    Regards,
    Rajneesh Madhok

• Mt
      Feb 05, 2012
    Sony Vaio - Faulty Hard Drive
    Sony

Purchased a $1000 laptop from a Sony store. First laptop hard drive crashed after 3 weeks, the repacement laptop hard drive crashed after 5 weeks. I returned the laptop the second time and they informed me the laptop would have to be shipped away for repair for several weeks. I called the customer service line who informed me there was nothing they could do but wait. I unfortunately purchased this computer for work with a full warranty and now am left with nothing. No replacement, no loaner not a thing. customer service said they would call but they have not. I dont even have the laptop to use as a paperweight and that seems what this computer is good for.

•   Feb 06, 2012

Hello mtmxf,

This is Kevin Krause with the Sonylistens team. I am very sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your VAIO. If you email us at [protected]@am.sony.com we will be more than happy to try and help you out. In your email be sure to include a brief description of the issues you are having, any event ID numbers you may have, and your contact information.

Kevin Krause

Sony Uk Ltd
    Warrington
    England, Cheshire
    United Kingdom

I have been a loyal Sony Vaio consumer since 1997 or so, Ive spent thousands with Sony and will never ever have a Sony product again. My problem started after parting with a 1000.00 for a Vaio VPC-EJ3T1E last year March 2017. Id always bought them in the past and only once in 20 years ever had to use the repair centre.

This year while under warranty my screen went out, ok no problem, it was sent out by Sony and repaired under warranty. My problems began in earnest when the unit was returned to me damaged, mouse not working, wifi button glued on, no factory reset.

7 months later and finally I give up talking to the repair centre in Warrington. I track down Sonys Customer Relations team based in The Heights, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 OXW, UK Secret telephone number 01932 816000, (ask for Chris, he wont do anything but lets all annoy him anyway) who promise me they will investigate the various stories their repair centre has told me and why the same repair centre has tried to extort various amounts ranging from 63.00 gbp to 545.00 gbp.

I have been told that the mother board had failed, i have been told that they havent looked at it, I have been told my hardrive was not original equipment and that I has swapped it. I have been called a liar from Sony, my hard drive was the one that came with it `, no ones touched it other than the repair centre.

So finally they have agreed to send me back my laptop, now with a broken hardrive, no repairs that they have caused and now I will be 1000.00 down . Im so infuriated with them, dont buy SONY they used to be a great firm with a great product, they now supply substandard build quality and use a repair centre based in Warrington that are full of liars cheats and swindlers.

I am going to sue in the County Court system and have written to Watchdogs and various consumer groups I will keep you posted.! Sort yourselves out SONY

• Da
      Jul 25, 2013

Wow - they did they same thing to me... LCD screen cracked cloing laptop - sent in for repairs said my motherboard needed to be replaced. $633 repsirs on a $800 computer. [censored] Them! I will NEVER BUY SONY AGAIN FOR LIFE!! Tell Your Friends!

• Ak
      Jul 25, 2013
    Sony Vaio - Sony Service centre issue

Sir,
    i had some issues of backlit not turning off and mouse stucks AT ITS place for some with my VAIO.But now since i bought my laptop back from service centre at lucknow:Aditya Infosys .Backlit issue was solved but mouse stucks more frequently now and sometimes its button aren't working.They format my complete laptops alongwith all partition.I wasn't ASKED TO BACKUP MY DATA.NO INSTRUCTION WERE GIVEN THAT WHICH DRIVE DATA WAS TO BE BACKED UP.As of now i had lost all my data and the data was very important it costs thousands.I asked them to make partitions they talked rudely about this and started fighting and shouting.No jobsheet reciept recieved .I dont want to submit my laptop in that servece centre again .Plz assist what should i do.