Sony / Jumbo Electronics - Dubai / Deplorable after sales customer service

1 India Review updated:

I purchased a sony tv, model SZ29M80 from Jumbo Electronics in Dubai, UAE on 10/08/2006 and on 30/01/2007, it went bust. I got in touch with the Sony Service centre at the following address : Sony Service Centre, Kamdhenu Shopping Centre, Shop No A/79, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri (West), Mumbai 400053, India. The phone numbers for the same are +[protected] / +[protected].

I was told by the engineer who visited my residence that it was a PIN AMP problem which was extremely minor and that my Tv would be returned the next day(31st January 2007). However, since then I have been given the run around by the following gentlemen namely; Mr Shashi, Mr Hari and Mr Gulab. It has been one thing or another that has apparently held up the work on my TV. First it was procurement of parts and today, a delivery truck excuse. When will this end?

I am shocked by the lack of "service" that Sony gives to its customers. Sony is a reputed and global brand which commands a high level of brand loyalty from it's valued customers such as me. So why then is the appointed service centre delaying things? Is it because my TV is under warranty and thus they will not make any money from me or is it merely a care-a-damn-attitude of the company which is reflected in it's employees?

I am told by a callous employee how mine is not the only TV for repair but if I read in-between the lines, I will hear that its because my TV is under full warranty and labor required to repair the sets will be free of charge and the service centre will not make any money out of me, so therefore they dont care how and what they speak to a customer. Today, Sony may be a big brand but remember that there will always be someone else to take their place. Sony is not indispensable!!!

It has been 21 days today and I am still getting the run around. Beware of Jumbo Electronics!

Comments

• Pr
      15th of Sep, 2007

• Ra
      9th of Mar, 2008

we looking for sansui ltv 2320 TV POWER SAPLYAND REMOTS

9th of Aug, 2008

This regarding the last Interview held in Sri Lanka for the post of back office coordinator. I went for an Interview for post of back office coordinator but yet i didn't get any result on that i don't know whether they have directly call me since I have to keep my mobile off in working hours. I talk to the agent in Sri Lanka and they don't have clear idea on that. So can you get back to me on as soon as possible... email me on coolcle@gmail.com or call me on +94716834249 After 5.00 Pm (Sri Lankan Time )

Thanks.

26th of Oct, 2008

At the end of Marh 2008 I bought a Sony Cybershot DSC- W200 at the airport (while en route to Ireland, after my camera was stolen on the airport) in Dubai and en route back to South Africa, I bought quite a few accessories for the camera from the Jumbo Electronics shop in the Mall of the Emirates.

I am now looking for a filter for the marine pack but am told the camera is discontinued.

I'm looking for the filter for the marine pack MPK-WB (item VF-MP5K for the Cybershot W200).

Can you PLEASE help?

South Africa

Tel: 0027 82 923 2393

• Na
      30th of Oct, 2008

my sony bravia fell and broke do you have spares for broken lcd(42")

• Kh
      12th of Nov, 2008

Further to my below mentioned complaint, I would like to bring to everyone's notice that Sony Service Centre, Kamdhenu Shopping Centre, Shop No A/79, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri (West), Mumbai 400053, India, Tel +912226356781 / +912240105005 is NOT THE AUTHORISED SERVICE CENTRE FOR SONY. It is being managed by a Mr Shashi and Haridas who are conning people into believing they are the authorised centre.

They kept my TV for a month but MY TV WAS RETURNED TO ME (AFTER MANY SCREAMING BOUTS) AND IN EXACTLY THE SAME CONDITION FROM WHEN THEY TOOK IT TO THEIR "SERVICE CENTRE" FOR REPAIR. THEY REPLACED MY ORIGINAL PARTS including changing my main TV screen WITH ONE OF INFERIOR QUALITY. When I managed to get intouch with the authetic service centre they informed me of this robbery and refused on work on my TV although it was well within the warranty period only because it was tampered with. When I told Shashi and Haridas I would take action, I was informed that I can do what I want and that it would not affect them.

This company is fooling end consumers like us and taking us for a ride.

I purchased a sony tv, model SZ29M80 from Jumbo Electronics in Dubai, UAE on 10/08/2006 and on 30/01/2007, it went bust. I got in touch with the Sony Service centre at the following address : Sony Service Centre, Kamdhenu Shopping Centre, Shop No A/79, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri (West), Mumbai 400053, India. The phone numbers for the same are +912226356781 / +912240105005.

• Am
      25th of Mar, 2009

i want to know the latest "UNDERWATER VIDEO LIGHT" and
    VF-MP5K colour filter kit
    MPK-PHB marine pack
    and DSC-P150 camera . send us all prices of these products as soon as poosible

• St
      21st of Apr, 2009

Sony got into so many things, that now, after sales service is non existant, and only new product sales runs the company. solution : dont buy sony. by any brand for less than half the price of sony, a ssonyprices are at least inflated by half. so the rest of the money is for repair after at least one year. as one year warranty or gurantee everybody claims. so next time check sony's price and buy that brand which sells similar product for at least half, you and i know now which brand it will be. Stylus.

• Fa
      5th of Jan, 2010

ayyazproud@gmail.com

i am a still camera repairing master my field experience 9 year now i am in country pakistan city islamabad my personal shop but i am come to your country & work it u want any still camera repairing master then i am come to your country & work it now Replay must..
    Thanks.

30th of Jun, 2018

Hi, i had brought a sony L1 from jumbo last year. suddenly when using the phone it switched off and when i tried to turn it on or charge it back, it was not charging. so i gave the phone in jumbo for warranty with the bill to prove that the device is still under warranty. And they took it inwards saying that if its under warranty it will be repaired for free.
    two days later i get a text that i have to pay 490 dhs for the repairs of the phone . i was surprised as i had brought the phone for 699 dhs. As per jumbo they are saying that water has entered the device and mother board has to be replaced. but i can confirm that the water is not gone and jumbo or sony is trying to make up things . as they have to give me new replacement as the device is still under warranty.