Sony / Jumbo Electronics - Dubai / Deplorable after sales customer service
I purchased a sony tv, model SZ29M80 from Jumbo Electronics in Dubai, UAE on 10/08/2006 and on 30/01/2007, it went bust. I got in touch with the Sony Service centre at the following address : Sony Service Centre, Kamdhenu Shopping Centre, Shop No A/79, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri (West), Mumbai 400053, India. The phone numbers for the same are +[protected] / +[protected].
I was told by the engineer who visited my residence that it was a PIN AMP problem which was extremely minor and that my Tv would be returned the next day(31st January 2007). However, since then I have been given the run around by the following gentlemen namely; Mr Shashi, Mr Hari and Mr Gulab. It has been one thing or another that has apparently held up the work on my TV. First it was procurement of parts and today, a delivery truck excuse. When will this end?
I am shocked by the lack of "service" that Sony gives to its customers. Sony is a reputed and global brand which commands a high level of brand loyalty from it's valued customers such as me. So why then is the appointed service centre delaying things? Is it because my TV is under warranty and thus they will not make any money from me or is it merely a care-a-damn-attitude of the company which is reflected in it's employees?
I am told by a callous employee how mine is not the only TV for repair but if I read in-between the lines, I will hear that its because my TV is under full warranty and labor required to repair the sets will be free of charge and the service centre will not make any money out of me, so therefore they dont care how and what they speak to a customer. Today, Sony may be a big brand but remember that there will always be someone else to take their place. Sony is not indispensable!!!
It has been 21 days today and I am still getting the run around. Beware of Jumbo Electronics!
More Sony / Jumbo Electronics - Dubai Complaints & Reviews
- Sony Ericsson Service Center - Cheating and torturing customers! 
- Sony ericsson promo - lucky number 
- Sony/Bravia KDL40S4100 tv - defective product 
- Sony Playstation 3 (Ps3) 60gb (Pal) - Faulty Product/Horrible Customer Care 
- Sony TV KDF-60XBR950 - Sony TV Optical Block 
- Sony Corporation - online aspect
- Sony Corporation - sony 65 xbr
- Sony Corporation - capital one sony credit card offer false advertising
- Sony Corporation - remote control
- Sony Corporation - Sony India - damage of the tv panel during servicing at the service centre