Sony Ericsson Service Center / Cheating and torturing customers!

1 India Review updated:

I feel as if I am being cheated by Sony Ericsson Service Center guys. They say that my cell has been replaced. They behaved coolly because I saw them the print outs of the mail I got from Snigdha Choudhury (Sony Ericsson, Delhi) and my complaint in Sony Ericsson web site. They promised to get my cell replaced. I deposited my set there at Salora International (Authorized Sony Ericsson Service center, 5 Commissiarate road, Hestings, Near Ordnance club, Kolkata-22, ph:033-[protected])on 16th june (saturday) and collected the set on 21st june (thursday). They said they have replaced my set although I saw them the crack on my set which was not there before and which I suppose should not be there since they are claiming it to be a replaced NEW set. Then I checked all functionalities. All were working fine there.

On the same night I recognized that the camera button, walkman key, joystick are not working, although battery is fully charged the cell is giving repeated warning of low battery. I put that battery in one of my friends cell(w810i) and it is working fine there so i feel there is no problem with the battery. I again called that person Samir Shah of Salora International whom I was being asked by Snigdha to contact and explained my problem in detail. I also complained in the Sony ericsson Customer service number [protected] and talked to Smita there. I gave her the details of the service center and she asked me to go down to the service center and promised that they will talk to the service center people and will ensure my set is taken care of.

He asked me to come down to the Service center the next day. So I went down to the same service center again on 23rd june (saturday) with my friend. There one of their technician engineered my set and did some thing in his workshop for half an hour and said the set is fine now. When I asked why a new set is showing such problem they said there was some thing wrong with this new set while that was integrated. Then there itself we again tested and found every thing working fine. Then we returned to my home. AGAIN on the same day evening again I found the same problems like the camera button, walkman key, joystick are not working, although battery is fully charged the cell is giving repeated warning of low battery.

On saturday night I complained at Sony ericsson Customer service number [protected], Madan was there. When I explained my problem to him he said he has noted down my complain and I should expect a call from them in 1 day or 2. Since I did not get any response from those people today(26th june) morning again I complained at Sony ericsson Customer service number [protected], where my call was attended by Tanushri. She said complaint id: [protected] has been logged for this issue.

With in 1 year of my purchase I moved down the service centers four times and complained at the Customer service several times.

Mithun.

Mi

Comments

• Yo
      6th of Jan, 2007
    Sony Ericsson W810i - Sony Ericsson's service or harassment?
    India

I had given my mobile (SONY-ERICSSON w810i model) for servicing on 8th dec'06 to Accel frontline (Garage-de-telecom) service centre for Sony-ericsson in Chennai.

But till now a month has passed, and I have not recd. my phone back nor they are giving any satisfactory answer. I am made to run pillar-to-post and no one is ready to respond clearly or take responsibility and tell me that he/she will take action . After getting frustrated with contradictory replies I had contacted call centre on 18th dec'06 . At call centre also they are not able to give proper answer. I am always told to contact again after few days to know the `status’ !

Can somebody tell me how to tackle this harassment? In my last phone they did the same thing till warranty date expired .after that they refused to service. SONY-ERICSSON design for charging unit is Faulty. This is second phone I had from sony-ericsson and face the same problem. My Brother and some of his friends also bought and were forced to do rounds of service centre within a month.

6th of Jan, 2007

Sony-Ericsson should publish their office address and official name ,email and phone on their website and warranty cards.

• Ar
      28th of Mar, 2007

We bought Sony Ericsson W810i model. After two months started problems we are going to servicing center and they are telling company replacing new one. like this with in two months they changed twice. Then also same problem every time. again now also. There we saw the same problem with some people like us of same model only. Why I'm telling this thing is the problem is not only with my mobile. So every time we are going they are telling we are replacing new one after that again same problem coming. What is this? Customers dont have any work? I think they definitely know some problem is there in w810i. So why dont they replace with some other model?

• As

thanks n rgds
    ashwani leekha

• Di
      20th of Jul, 2007

Actually i bought the k310i model. It shown to be board problem within two days. I gave it to nearer service center of sony erricson. They are not responding till one month. I asked many times. But they still saying some reasons. Not only me there are more than ten peoples suffering such as me.

• Si
      27th of Jul, 2007

I'm a owner of k790i of sony ericsson. My handset has been swapped 4 times and it still having problem with it i.e. network problem, auto shutdown etc. I went to a sony ericsson service center B.M.Services Ghumar mandi Ludhiana Punjab india. The executive there named Amit Sagoo talked to me in very rude manner. This is very annoyed. My handset swapping takes ONE month and each time I'm without a handset. I'm very helpless. Please help me in this matter smb!

• Am
      19th of Sep, 2007
    Sony Erickson k750i - low volume in a handfree
    India

I am use sony k750i last 3 month i am give my mobile in a mumbai ghatkoper service center after that he give me mobile & formate my mobile but create a new problem in case of mp3 when i am mp3 listen in a hand free the volume is very low there is no problem of hand free but service center can not accept my this problem.

• Am
      19th of Sep, 2007

Reply me fast.

• Hi
      20th of Sep, 2007

I have a problem with the microphone of my sony k300 mobile phone. I want to know about the nearest sony ericsson service center at the earliest. I live in rohini near pitampura.

25th of Sep, 2007

sony ericsson service centre people are really not at all responding to customers..i gave my mobile w700i for service in JAYANAGAR FIRST BLOCK service centre. they have stolen the memory stick. i called them for many times but no response at all. they are cutting the call also. why the management is this much bad. i spoke with the manager Mani. he told he would arrange for replacement. but he was also cutting the call, telling that he would call me back. but he never did. sony ericsson management should do something regarding this. otherwise people will be fed up with their service centres.

25th of Sep, 2007

sony ericsson service centre people are really not at all responding to customers..i gave my mobile w700i for service in JAYANAGAR FIRST BLOCK, BANGALORE service centre. they have stolen the memory stick. i called them for many times but no response at all. they are cutting the call also. why the management is this much bad. i spoke with the manager Mani. he told he would arrange for replacement. but he was also cutting the call, telling that he would call me back. but he never did. sony ericsson management should do something regarding this. otherwise people will be fed up with their service centres.

25th of Sep, 2007

i agree point your complete. I also give mobile p990i to a repairer near vashi. first he not repairing it at all then when i shout he do it but take long time. then when i get back my mobile incoming numbers not showing names. outgoing voice not clear. i go back and tell my complaint but no answer giving. i completely frustrated, but still no profit in talking to such people. The is really avery bad place....especially if you have nokia p990i phone,

• Ra
      1st of Oct, 2007

Sony Ericsson service centre people are utterly useless. They keep the phone and dont respond to any calls. They are not capable of repairing any set.

• Ra
      1st of Oct, 2007

The personnel at sony ericsson centre in Jayanagar are mother###ers totally waste ###. total waste of time giving them the set for repair.

2nd of Oct, 2007
    Sony Ericson P 990i - Poor quality product!
    India

I am using a Sony ericcson P 990i mobile phone.Its not been 1 year i bought it, but the phone looks like i have bought it 5 years back. I don't know with what material they have made this phone. The color outside the Phone faded out and the paint is also going. I went to the service center and they said they cant do anything. Ive to contact authorized people through email or call center. I contacted both so many times, everytime the reply given by them is some higher responsible and authorized people will contact me. But none contacted me... Its sound funny that in Sony i guess noone is there responsible. Anyways, i have paid more than 30 K for this stupid phone and i am shocked to see my phone is like this now. Maybe this happened to only my phone,but isn't the responsibility of service people to take care of that and rectify it.I guess people out there think that Sony ericson have so many other customers, why the need of me...

Now i regret for buying this expensive piece of [censored]. So people who want to buy phones please do check the service that company provides rather than going for looks and ads by the company.

• Ga
      21st of Oct, 2007
    Sony Ericsson - handset problem
    India

My handset battery is not working proper and sound is not good.camera is not working in one click.and the joystick of handset is not working.

• Va
      14th of Nov, 2007

Sony Ericsson service sucks. I myself and my friend too had the similar experience of Nivetha and Rachana at Compcare, Jayanagar, Bangalore. I have posted my experiences at

Interesting part of Sony Ericsson support in India is, they do not seem to be having an contact office in India! (At least I could not trace any). So, people can not file any case against them at Consumer Redressal Forums.

So, I am initiating this task of propagating Sony Ericsson's indifferent attitude to its consumers and SE not having India contact office. People should stop buying the products of such companies who do not have a contact office in India. So, legally they are hiding from issues of poor consumer support.

Let us all generate the public awareness on this. We will send the mails to our friends on these issues and post in all forums.

I have lost few thousand Rs due to Sony Ericsson poor support. Now, I would spend few more thousand Rs and I will start an exclusive blog site on Sony Ericsson woes (probably sonyericssonwoes.somthing :) ) which should draw international attention.

I will update on this in the due course.

Regards
    Vasudev
    Consumer Activist

• De
      10th of Dec, 2007
    Sony - defective piece & unsatisfactory service
    India

I have purchased a cell phone of make 07W38, model K510iof sony ericsson on 23.11.2007 from a dealer of Bhubaneswar, Orissa. During opening the sealed packet it was noticed that the rear cover was not tightly fitted withe cabinet. Inspite of my discontentment the dealer compelled me to take the defective piece. then i rush to the local service centre of Sony Ericsson. They impressed me that, the rear cover is not covered under warrenty. then after 7 days I found that, some ringtones are noy playing. The service center reloaded the the soft ware, but again afer 12 days the same problem was noticed. Similar action was taken by the local service people, but they have mishandled the set and the power botton became in a pressed condition. I donot have faith on the local service people. Please address the problem with a senior Technical personnel and change the rear cover to fit fightly with the cabinet and ensure no such software problen in future.

• Fl
      12th of Dec, 2007

Well... it's not their job to take care of your phone. Meaning it's your concern to make sure it's protected from scratches and stuff like that.

You could have used a safety case, or a soft pouch.

This is what I use to keep my mobile phones clean and fresh :)

Don't expect any "service support" if the phone loses the colour... get serious!

• Ve
      25th of Dec, 2007

I am having z350i.now i want to buy m2 card(2GB) tell me nearest shop.