Sony/Bravia KDL40S4100 tv / defective product
I purchased a Sony Bravia flat screen television (model KDL40S4100) in Novermber 2008. Today, the televison stopped powering up. I contacted Sony Esupport by telephone. I advised the representative that
the tv would cut on, and a second later would shut off. The tv's standby button was flashing red. I was
instructed by the Sony support technician to unplug the TV, and the surge protector for 2 minutes. After the 2 minutes, I was instructed to plug the tv and surge protector back in, and turn on the tv. The televsion had the same result, the standby signal was flashing red. The support tecnician instructed me that the television had an internal problem, and asked when I purchased the television. I advised the techician 1 year 2months ago. I was instructed that the warranty was for 1 year, and that I would be responsible for the repairs.
It just seems odd to me that a television would just stop working in this short period of time (and after the warranty period). This tv was not the primary tv in my household, and was being used the least. I would not recommend this product to anyone, and feel that this product should be added to a recall list.
More Sony/Bravia KDL40S4100 tv Complaints & Reviews
- Sony Ericsson Service Center - Cheating and torturing customers! 
- Sony ericsson promo - lucky number 
- Sony Playstation 3 (Ps3) 60gb (Pal) - Faulty Product/Horrible Customer Care 
- Sony TV KDF-60XBR950 - Sony TV Optical Block 
- Sony Corp / Sony Viao Laptop Model #PCG-4K1L - Warranty and product defect 
- Sony - technical service of turkey; defective product of sony tv kd 55xf8577
- Sony Corporation - sony tv bravia
- Sony Corporation - online aspect
- Sony Corporation - sony 65 xbr
- Sony Corporation - capital one sony credit card offer false advertising