Sony Corp / Sony Viao Laptop Model #PCG-4K1L — Warranty and product defect
Bought a Sony Viao Laptop Model #PCG-4K1L (VGN TXN25N) for $$2,555.59 at Best Buy. After 3 months of occasional use at night to check e-mail showed vertical red and blue lines on the screen and a white streak on the top left of the the screen. Since I could not return the laptop to Best Buy because of the 14 day return policy, had spoke with the Sony Technical Support, who after describing my problem assured me that it will be fixed and covered under the terms of the one year warranty under Sony. Sent it to Sony repair who had informed me that there is physical damage in the laptop though I did not drop or in any way harm the notebook. I am being charged with $727.99 to replace the screen because as I was informed by the Sony Repair Center that I damaged my computer. I insisted that I did not in any way DROP, or harm my computer. I argued that I have several computers at home and a Dell Inspiron 8100 and up to now , I have not had it serviced. How come that with the new laptop which I only use occasionally, after 3 months I am already having this problem and that Sony could not even honor the warranty. Besides , if I dropped my computer, there would be marks or scratches either on the screen or the top. Now I am so dis satisfied at their product that I would like to just return it but if you ask Sony Support on what number to contact, they would not provide you the correct number. Have asked for the phone number to the Executive Review Committee at Sony in Fort Myers , Fla but the Sony Support would elevate the call for a simple question.
More Sony Corp / Sony Viao Laptop Model #PCG-4K1L Complaints & Reviews
- Sony Ericsson Service Center - Cheating and torturing customers!
- Sony ericsson promo - lucky number
- Sony/Bravia KDL40S4100 tv - defective product
- Sony Playstation 3 (Ps3) 60gb (Pal) - Faulty Product/Horrible Customer Care
- Sony TV KDF-60XBR950 - Sony TV Optical Block
- Sony Ericsson W810i - Wrong packing or sealing
- Sony Ericson/W395 - Bad post sale service
- Sony - Gift Card
- sonyericsson mobil phone g900 - unwillingness to return my mobile phone
- Sony Bravia KDL-46NX720 - junk! spend more just to lose more!