Sonic CameraFraud

12/08/2008 around 4:00 California time called Sonic Camera 3505 Quentin Road, Brooklyn, NY 11234
Their phone number is [protected] ext.226 to place an order Michael answers from the camera department he claims he is a knowledgeble Pro Camera Expert. I had seen there ad regarding a Deal for $899.99 for a Canon XHA1 which I had researched all week excited about this great deal. I ask Michael why this was such a great deal and he said that the camera was pretty much came with nothing but the base and that needed to upgrade battery, charger, and lense. I told if I had ordered the Top Packages that they offered why would I need to purchase the other stuff seperate he said I still needed to buy other stuff to have a full working camera. I listened to see what kind of deal he could put together. We spent some time and the deal he put seemed good! I accepted then Michael asked for my credit card info I gave him the information. Then after recieving information Michael tells me for a little more that I should get the Sony Fx7 for the same price he thinks it would be a better deal that camera has other features that canon can't do that i will love it! The Sony Fx7 is the camera for me and for a little more I should go with it after another hour of listening to this guy giving me switch and bait. I was tired and told I wanna think about he said I don't like return it! I said okey! I call back 10 min. later tell Michael I don't want the Sony Fx7 that I had my Heart set on Canon xhA1. I want to cancel my order! He tells me that he can't do that that I need to send him a cashier of $250. to cancel we go back and forth wanting talk the supervisor then he claims he is the supervisor. He then Bullies me over the phone that I wasted his time! I spent hours getting stressed out by Michael. He refused to cancel the order on a product I did not want! This company should be looked into they have know custemer service. I feel like have been set up for fraud! I canceled my credit card! The credit card company said they all ready made the charge without shipping the product! I later looked up to compare the prices and noticed I was bullied into a Higher purchase of a product I did not want! Michael claim that if I cancel the order he was going to charged me 10%and fee and the returns & exchanges said that in order to charge this first you have to received the product in which I never received. I feel like they this company needs be looked into and that the way they deal with customers is to bully them and insult them over the phone! I should not have to feel like my identy and credit is out there in the open for a bunch of crimals to do what they like and hassel me to what they want. This is not right! I pray there is justice and that the way have been made to feel no one should ever have to go through. Thank you for ready if you need more info please feel free to contact me!

Comments

• Do
      Sep 18, 2008

cancel my order with in 24 hrs still ran my card two days later

• Ke
      Nov 03, 2008
    Sonic Camera - Bait & Switch
    Phone: [protected]
    soniccameras.com

On 31-Oct-08 I ordered two Nikon lenses and filters. On Monday, 3-Nov-08 Sonic Camera called me to ask for a Visa # instead of the AmEx number I had used. After I provided the number they asked me if I wanted to upgrade to the metal mounts - the lenses I had ordered were not for the US and had plastic mounts. I went back to their website - it said nothing about 'non-US' parts. I told Sonic to cancel my order. They informed me that they would charge me 10% for changing my order. I immediately called Visa and will fight these charages.

DO NOT BUY FROM Sonic Cameras. It is a bait and switch operation!!

• Sl
      Nov 05, 2008

I am afraid that Sonic Camera is a "bait and fish" operation. I ordered a package of Nikon D80 online, paid with credit card etc, and then the next day they sent me an email to confirm the purchase. I called and they said I forgot to purchase the battery and charger and they will cost me about $250.

They already had my credit card number plus security code!

• Hj
      Nov 25, 2008
    Sonic Camera - Bait/switch fraud misleading false advertising
    Phone: [protected]

From: Joe
    To: AJoe
    Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 10:44 AM
    Subject: Re: Please call Sonic Cameras.com to confirm order #43123

Upon calling as requested below, representative Edward first attempted to instead sell me some non-Canon lense instead of what I ordered.
    After I told him I simply wanted the lense I ordered, he told me he would only sell a "grey market" version unless I paid an additional $400+, the order would be cancelled.
    When I told hom to cancel the order, he stated, "Well, how about I then charge you a 50% cancellation fee?"
    I responded "Try it, you slimeball" and hung up.
    The Attorney General and better business bureau will be notified and I will post this incident to help prevent others from dealing with this crooked outfit.

----- Original Message -----
    From: Sonic Cameras
    To: [protected]@hotmail.com
    Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 10:00 AM
    Subject: Please call Sonic Cameras.com to confirm order #43123

Dear H Joseph Slater,

Thank you for your order. Your order number is: 43123

This email is to confirm receipt of your online order with us. For your security, please call us at [protected], Option 1 to provide a verbal confirmation so that we can ship out your order. If you have already called and confirmed your order, you may disregard this request.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Sincerely,

CLOSED SATURDAY
    *All times are Eastern Standard Time

Dec 04, 2008

Joe,
    Sorry you are going through this ordeal. I too, am about to go through it. Pretty much same situation... and Sonic was even nice enough to over charge my cc to the tune of $2500.00 (an original purchase of $1500). Please let me know how things are going. I've contacted my cc, and they informed me that I can't do anything until Sonic takes the money from my account. Completely frustrating!!!

• Ki
      Dec 08, 2008
    Sonic Camera - Scam
    Brooklyn
    soniccameras.com

Do not do any business with this company. They are very dishonest and will do anything and everything they can to take your money.

This is what happened to me. I received a confirmation email of my order from them that requires me to call them to confirm. When I called, they said I need 'other' additional items that I refused to buy. At the end, I decided to cancel my order and refuse to do business with them as I don't like to be pushed around. The representative, Michael, was very angry and was going to charge $39.95 for cancellation fees for nothing. He was threatening me when I hung-up. I will make sure they will get nothing from me!

Please investigate this company. They are hurting many innocent and honest people.

• Ji
      Dec 26, 2008
    Sonic Camera - SCAM/Bait and Switch
    3505 Quentin Rd
    Marine Park
    New York

Internet search revealed a Canon 40D Camera Body for $319 - way below any other competitive offer. (I should have known it was too good to be true). After ordering I received a call asking for my 3 digit security code on the credit card. Then the sales person explained no battery was included. So when including the battery and charger, the price jumped up to ~$698 - more in line with some other sites I had reviewed. I was annoyed, but went ahead with the order since it was so close to Christmas and I wanted the camera as a gift. I had also ordered a memory card since they had a "special offer" to double the size of the card. I inquired to verify I would be getting the double size and was told that offer only applied to the "Professional Grade" memory. I knew my son had wanted the highest speed memory and when I realized I had not selected the correct memory, I went along with the switch to memory that their web site and the salesperson said was $299. So now my order I originally thought would be about $400 including memory was now up to $928.

I subsequently realized my son wanted the 50D rather than the 40D. So I made plans to swap the camera after Christmas. My son said he did not need the expensive memory. So it looked like I should be able to swap for the 50D without the memory for about the same outlay. Boy was I wrong. When I called back to Sonic, the story changed. Now the story is that the memory is only worth $120 credit rather than $299. (Sonic's invoice cleverly did not break down the price of each part, but listed a single "package" price. ) They wanted an additional $300 above my original $928 or ~$1230 for the 50D without any additional memory. This is way above the competitive price. Also, they required $125 restocking fee. Their web site says they charge a MINIMUM 10% restocking fee. In reality it is $125 or they say, 15%. So I am returning the 40D and paying the outrageous restocking fee. Hopefully I will see a credit on my credit card. If not I will take further action. Bottom line, DO NOT DO BUSINESS with this scam/bait and switch/lying company.

• Do
      Jan 07, 2009
    Sonic Camera - Frauds!

Beware:

SonicCameras.com looks to be just another version of ShopDigitalDirect.com.

It's a rip off.

• Wo
      Apr 02, 2009

i had been working for an eos 50d for about 3 months. i finally got enough money to buy it from soniccameras.com. so i went on and ordered the camera, and when it didn't come i called them and they said it had been backordered so i called back about 2 months later and they said it was still backordered. but the truth is they are running a scam, the camera prics are so low because it comes with no charger or batteries. and the charger and batteries from the website costs like $400. so i looked on other websites and the charger + batteries from there was only $50. i called sonic cameras and they said it was becuase it was higher quality (not true). The scam is that if you don't buy the batteries and charger with it, they say it is sold out or back ordered.

Apr 13, 2009

I ordered a Nikon D60 online. After I entered my info, the screen would say, cart empty. I called and was asked for the 3 digit code. No problem. Then I was told I needed to order a battery for $149.

The camera doesn't come with a battery? He said, "No" and pushed me to buy one. I explained that would bring the price higher than I could buy the same thing at Best Buy for the same price. He said, "No you can't. I'm a wholesaler. He's a hole something, alright. I told him to cancel the order.

May 12, 2009

This happen to me on 05-05-2009. Talked to the same guy! ordered the camera, lenses, memery card but when I declided the charger option, the order was cancelled! They claimed it was on back order. They wanted 400.00 bucks for the charger but on ebay I found it for 38.00 + shipping. Scam all the way!

• Mi
      May 15, 2009
    Sonic Camera - Frauds!
    Oregon

Of course I did some price shopping on-line, I was in fact led to the web-site for sonic cameras by a goggle search for SLR digital cameras. (I'm a little surprised that google continues to promote the site!) I placed an order for a cannon [protected]@ 297.99. The next day got a call from a, "mark" requesting I verify my order and give him the 3 digits on the back of my card. He told me the camera was wholesale so there was no battery, that I needed to purchase one for extra money. He also told me that the camera was a discontinued product so Cannon would not warranty it. He talked me into a upgrade, making me feel like I got a deal. Two weeks later I contacted Fed Ex to track my package and was informed that they have not received the product for the retailer. I called sonic cameras and still have not spoken to a person. I just keep getting hung-up on, hows that for customer service...These people make me sick. They make it disheartening to want to purchase on line. If nothing else, it's a hard lesson learned and hopefully word will get around that sonic cameras sucks balls.