Smith's Food and Drug / overcharging

1 4600 E Sunset roadHenderson, United States Review updated:
Phone: 702-451-0466

I have been shopping at Smiths for years now and only recently (last 2 years) have I been paying close attention to my reciepts. I have learned that in average I am overcharged about 30% of the time. Due to the "scanners/registers" not picking up the actual sale price on many items. This has lead me to believe that these practices are done on purpose. Not one time has the "mistake" been in my favor. So ten of the last 30 times I have shopped at this Smiths, I have been overcharged. Most of the time it's not worth it to drive and get 1-2$ back and they may know this. On occassion I do get my rightful refund if the overcharge is 5 bucks or more. Is this Smiths store, or the nationwide company intentionally setting their system to not read the sale prices of certain items? Just in one week, this could be millions of dollars in "extra profit" . One more thing - I cannot bring up any smiths food and drug website at the moment. Just a blank page. ?

Hu
May 1, 2015

Comments

• Ca
      22nd of Jun, 2017

I just complained to the manager about the same thing. This time they overcharged on 3 items. They overcharge roughly half the time. I moved here 5 months ago and it's been going on since. The manager, Marsha (I think that was her name) was very evasive to my questions and my accusations that it is done on purpose. After pressing her she promised that the problem would be looked into and cleared up in a week. Today is 6/22/17. If it is still happening as of July 2017 we'll know they don't care to fix the problem. I'd say they overcharge customers thousands of dollars a day.