Smartone - Vodafone / preasuring customers into signing up without explaining the terms and conditions
despite the warnings from my friends and colleagues i signed up to Smartone-Vodafone, BIG MISTAKE!
They rushed me into signing contract for 18 monhts for a mobile plan, they were so insistant that i sign up that they didnt even ask me for my ID card and said i can simply fax it to them. usually port in number takes about 3 days to transfer and i had signed up on friday so i was told that my number will be ported from China Mobile to Smartone on monday, IT DIDNT!
so i called them and they said that i havent yet supplied the ID copy to them. so i told the customer service hotline officer that the shop staff had told me that they would port in the number without the ID copy. this was just a minor delay which is acceptable so i let it go.
second when i logged on to the mobile TV service i realized that it was of very inferior quality and the demo which was given, was of the HD quality. FALSE ADVERTISING!
as you all know that telemarketing is a nuisance and some how a finance company is bent on trying to get me to borrow from them! they even call me after midnight despite me tell them in very clearly that i dont want anythng from them. so i went to Smartone and told them i wanted to chage the number i and my family wouldnt be disturbed, they said that i would have to cancel the old contract and signup again and pay up the remaining months contract amount and penalty!,
number change usually cost almost like HKD100-200 with othe telecom companies but smartone is a trying to extort customers and the CS staff keeps rubbing the dam contract my face and saying that i should have read the contract!,
i am not going to pursue this any long but i would really like to warn everyone about signing up to smartone vodafone hong kong.
PLEASE BEWARE OF SMARTONE-VODAFONE HONG KONG!!!
More Smartone - Vodafone Complaints & Reviews
- Vodafone - network problem 
- Vodafone - isd not activated/deactivation of connection any time 
- [Resolved] Vodafone - wrong commitment & worst customer care 
- Vodafone Spain - awful customer service 
- Vodafone / Mobile Bill Payment - poor service! 
- Vodafone Group - Network problem in my area
- Vodafone - 1100 tablet that has been serviced 3 times without success
- Vodafone Group - vodafone contract
- Vodafone Group - no commitment 
- Vodafone Group - 3g and 4g router + mobile internet