Sleepy's / Potential fraud or mislabeled merchandise

1 Concord pikeWilmington, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-Sleepys

Purchased Kingsdown mattress color-coded to be specific firmness; however mattress received turned out to be much firmer. Upon inspecting the tag, it was the correct color coding (green/blue) but then noticed that it was glued on top of an alternate tag for the firmest mattress available (red/red). So I am skeptical that I actually received the correct product - either a manufacturing issue with Kingsdown or alteration of label by Sleepy's. Working with Sleepy's to resolve now, with little success so far.

Comments

• Pe
      23rd of Jul, 2008

You also should check the law tag to see if your bed was new or re wrapped. See all other complaints for a better understanding of whom you bought from.

• Ti
      19th of Oct, 2008

thats because they are scam artists. it was probably done by the workers in their warehouse when they were touching up the mattress to be resold.
    Regards ~TIm~

15th of Apr, 2009

And right now Sleepys is trying to purchase 1-800-Mattress out of bankruptcy so you will have no alternative!
    They will be a monopoly!
    Write immediately to
    Honotable Dennis E Milton
    Us Bankruptcy Court
    Eastern District of NY
    271 Cadman Plaza East
    Brooklyn, NY 11201

They have other suitors that would maintain their award winning customer service, unlike the scam artists at Sleepys

• Po
      20th of Apr, 2009

I bought a box spring and frame from Sleepy's in Vails Gate, NY and less than 3 months later the thing collapsed under normal use. It is clearly defective with a bulge sticking out the bottom from a weak supporting rail. They sent out their representative who took pictures and they said the manufacturer's report showed no defect and that there was a stain on the box spring anyway so they could not exchange it. There was no stain. They are lying. The product is clearly defective and they refuse to stand behind their product. I was ripped off plain and simple. Sleepy's is a criminal organization selling inferior, defective products to the public and then refusing to support those products. Their customer service is a bunch of nasty, evil, obnoxious people who are trained to blow people off and provide no service whatsoever. AVOID SLEEPY'S THEY ARE CROOKS AND WILL RIP YOU OFF!

• Me
      4th of May, 2009

Good morning, my name is Melissa and I am a Customer Relations Representative at Sleepy’s LLC It has been brought to our attention that you filed a complaint online and we would like to offer assistance to you. I understand this is a public website and ask that you contact me directly at consumerrelations@sleepys.com and provide your account information so we may further address your situation.

We look forward to hearing from you, so we may expedite resolution to your situation.

Regards,

Melissa
    Sleepy’s LLC

17th of Aug, 2009

• Po
      17th of Aug, 2009

I am sorry to hear about your troubles with Sleepy's, join the club. Along with the defective box spring I bought from them, I had also bought a Kingsdown mattress from a Sleepy's store in NYC about 3 years ago. These things are supposed to last 10 years and mine is already sagging terribly and in bad shape from normal use. The product is crap. If you have a chance to return it all to them your should try to cancel the sale. This is probably why they foisted a firmer mattress upon you. They likely have had so many complaints about Kingsdown mattresses sagging problem that they figure if they start you out with a firmer mattress in disguise then in a couple of years you won't be so angry when your mattress gets much softer and starts to sag which it will. Tell your story to the US Bankruptcy court and help us put an end to Sleepy's and their pending monopoly of our local bedding industry. If you call their customer service idiot you will likely encounter a hard sell to get you to throw more money at them to resolve the situation that they should resolve at no cost to you. These scam artists have no conscience. Don't fall for it. Go to a reputable retailer or department store to get your bedding & you'll be happy you did. Let's all do what we can to spread the word about these scammers. The only way to send a useful message is with your wallets! Don't spend any money at Sleepy's!

• Ri
      13th of Jun, 2011

We bought a $3, 000.00 mattress from Sleepy's and were told it had a 100 % lifetime guarantee. The only clause in the warranty, we were told, was that if any stains got on the mattress it would void the warranty. I told the sales man that we could not buy it then because I have night sweats. He told us they sold a special mattress cover made specifically for that purpose because it was mostly couples our age that were buying the specific mattress we were looking at. He said the mattress cover was guaranteed against night sweats, and a whole list of other things.

Within one year the mattress began to fall apart so we filed a claim. Sleepy's called back and said the mattress was not in bad enough shape for them to replace but the box spring was defective and needed to be replaced. They wanted $91.00 to ship us a replacement box spring!!! We called them back and told them there was absolutely nothing wrong with the box spring at all but the mattress was shot. They sent the inspector out again. The inspector clearly admitted that he saw the mattress was damaged however now there was a small stain on the mattress. Sure enough Sleepy's called and said the warranty was void because of the mysterious stain. We told them that the stain was not there the first time he inspected the mattress and he took off the mattress protector and put it back on himself. We also explained that when we made the initial claim and the first batch of photos were taken there was no stain on the mattress. Sleepy's replied by saying that we needed to go to the company that made the mattress protector because night sweats should not have gone through it onto the mattress and the matress protector company (Metro Guardian) would replace the mattress under their guaranty. We called Metro Guardian and guess what! They said that despite what Sleepy's told us when we bought the mattress night sweats are not covered under their warranty and because I am having night sweats their warranty is void!!! WTH!!! How can any of this be legal??????