Skype / business control panel service sucks

1 Luxembourg Review updated:

Skype service is best for personal use, but businesses really need to be well-aware of the low level customer responsiveness that skype offers.

they offer unlimited long distance package to us/canada. $2.95 per month for 10000 minutes, when you can use the service for 6 hours of dialing BUT cannot dial more than 50 numbers a day. for an end user, this is pretty ok, but for businesses, this doesn't work although they have a business control panel offering.

The worse part is that there is no technical support number. if you read the forums on skype's own site, you'll see thousand of complaints of the business control panel being blocked without notice from skype and then there is no one to resolve the matter. you cannot call any helpline. you only have two options, either to post your problem on skype forum, or contact customer service by mail. you get an acknowledgement of receipt of complaint promising a resolution within 2-4 days. but weeks pass by, and you dont hear from them. your mails are never replied. you'll be really lucky out of the lot if you hear back from them.

i lost around $4500 as incidental damages, which i cannot claim, but at least i can suggest others not to use skype for your businesses. trust me, you'll never get any support.

Comments

• Da
      21st of Apr, 2009

I have suffered financially using Skype. They billed me excessive amounts and then whenever I attempted to make call they were always denied. After a long struggle on emails, most of them were never answered, I gave up. I am now using Gizmo. Excellent quality and no FU's so far.

• Ty
      22nd of Jan, 2011

hey they need to fix login i put in my user or skype name in login and my pass $%^%^^%^*& it said it was wrong so i said forgot changed it to $%^&%^ it said wrong then it said that 3 more times and said too many times tommorow butt hole

• Cl
      9th of Mar, 2014

I found Skype awful too as a consumer. I have Premium and there is supposed support for that. A "Next" button to press after using the help but there is no "Next" button to arrange contact. Premium says unlimited access to all Landlines (without any exclusions other than fair use in their small print) but I couldn't call a 1300 land line number. They say somewhere they exclude non-geographic numbers (which you wouldn't have clue if the number you want to call is one of those- no informative description or online number checker such as also the numbers you can't call at all by Skype). They are also ridiculously easily accept money- without saying how do you wish to pay- to confirm the payment and no clear cut immediate confirmation of payment- any slight glitch could give them multiple payments. You need to keep logging in over and over- a real nuisance- no save details. After this month, I will only use them for free. I had to deal with another sucky company Quickflix urgently so I just put some credit in my account.