Sixt Car Rental / fraud & scam
I had a one day rental from Sixt that I picked up at the Frankfurt main train station at 9:30. It was a 1-day flat rate, all mileage included for a total of 39euro. The next day I filled up the car and returned it to the Frankfurt train station at 8:00 before I took a 9:00am train out of the country. I returned the keys directly to the Sixt agent at the station and provided her with the gas receipt.
Later when I checked my credit card, I saw a charge from them of $124 eur0-- more than quadruple the amount that I PHYSICALLY signed for. When I pressed Sixt for more information, they sent me an invoice showing that I returned the car late and in addition charged me to refuel the car. Amazing that the car was logged in LONG AFTER I left the country... nevermind that I filled the tank and dealt directly with the corrupt agent in Frankfurt.
Turns out this is a classic fraudulent billing scam leaving the consumer no recourse with disputing it with your credit card. The very least I could have done was stand there and watch the agent log the car in an get a final confirmation receipt... but with these [censored]ers, I'm not sure that would have made much of a difference.
More Sixt Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- Sixt - car rental 
- Kemwel - Sixt Car Rental - overcharged 
- Sixt Rent A Car - fraudulent damage claim 
- Sixt Car Rental - insurance fraud 
- Sixt Car Rental - charges for non-existent scratch 
- Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car - car rental hidden charges
- Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car - didn't receive the car at all
- Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car - unauthorised credit card charges
- Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car - fiat opel astra
- Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car - collision damage waiver overcharge